Martyr Meets Outsider

Martyr Meets Outsider

A Chapter by Emunah June.

That night, Winry helped set up Ed's room upstairs, but I didn't. I wanted to go see the water from outside. It was starry outside, and I had to know if the stars back in Germany were the same as ours here in Resembool.

 

Here in "Shamballa".

 

I left the house and walked out into the world beyond. While many were still outside repairing the damages Envy had left in his wake, the water remained the same. It sparkled flirtaciously under the midnight stars. Sitting on my old lawn, I gazed out into it's never ending beauty. I wondered if there was anything more beautiful than water. But that's not what I was here for. I was here for the stars. Gazing upwards, I tried to analyze how they looked versus what I saw in Germany. The stars all had the same patterns, so I was sure:

 

Resembool and Germany shared the same skies.

 

It made me very happy. It made me happy to know that even when you were worlds apart, you still had one thing in common, and that was the never ending sky. I smiled, thinking about Ed. Had he seen how much I had grown? Had I demonstrated it well enough for him? I sure hoped so, because not only did I grow physically and emotionally, I grew up health wise. I was so proud to see that I hadn't thrown up during Envy's confrontation. I had done so well, and this made me happy.

 

Love is hard work, I concluded at last.

 

The stars were sending each other messages, and I watched, maybe hopeful that one of the stars would float down and pass the message to me. But no, no star came down to me.

 

But Ed did.

 

"You alright?" he had first asked, walking up next to me and sitting with me. "Me? Oh yeah, I'm alright. Just wonder what the stars are talking about," I said, looking back upwards. "Talking about? Koda, what are you talking about?" he asked sarcastically. I giggled. "When the stars blink, I think they are talking to each other about something. So I'm wondering if the stars will tell me what they are talking about," I explained, blushing and suddenly feeling a little foolish. But Ed didn't seem to mind as he looked up at the stars too. "Talking eh? Hmm." With that, Ed closed his eyes and didn't move. But, to make him feel better, I did the same. I tilt my head back and closed my eyes. I was surprised, because I almost thought I heard tiny whispers. Were the stars telling secrets? To me, it sounded like they were saying:

 

Rush, rush, rush.

Love, love, love.

Kiss, love, share, rush!

 

I opened my eyes and blushed. Even the stars were giving me hints. But I knew that I was only a wisher.

 

"Can you hear them?"

 

When Ed said this, I looked over at him. "Hmm?" I asked. Ed smiled, not cracking open one eye. "Can you hear them? The stars. They're talking to us," he said. I loved the way he had stressed the word us. So much so that it made me shiver. "I did hear them. What did they say to you?" I asked. This was where Ed opened his eyes and looked at me. "Tell me first," he replied, and I smiled. "Alright. They were saying the word 'rush' alot," I answered, not putting in anything else. Ed grinned, then sat up completely and looked at me. "Well, that's interesting. That's not what they said to me," he said, rolling up his sleeves.

 

"Well, what did they say to you?"

"They were telling me to do something."

"The stars are bossing you around? Hee, those are some bossy stars!"

"I guess. But I'm gonna do as the stars say."

"What did they tell you to do, may I ask?"

 

Ed didn't reply to me, but only looked in my eyes. I was paralyzed, and I couldn't move. His eyes shrone just like the stars that we were so sure were talking to us a minute ago. "Ed..." I said, feeling so much more different than I had a minute ago. Ed placed his hand onto mine, and then he smiled. I felt like I was sinking in water, only I wanted to drown. I wanted to be pulled under...under the tide....

 

Ed's movements suddenly became ones that I wanted to remember forever. Every shift he made, every breath he took, I could remember it all. "Do you know what the stars are telling me to do?" he asked, inching a little closer to me. My face got hot, and I was sure I was blushing. Ed smiled, then moved in close enough.

 

Close enough to give me what I had so desperetly wished for.

 

It was a wonderful, cold feeling. My eyes were wide at first, then slowly they fluttered closed. I let myself take it in:

 

I, Koda, an 18 year old mechaninc I was sure had no future, was in fact, kissing Edward Elric.

 

I felt like it was just like that story, "The Cat and the Owl." The one where a cat loved an owl, and they sailed on the waters for a year and a day to find a wedding ring so they could marry. I felt like I was the cat (a boring mechanic) and Ed was the owl (an adventerous alchemist). When he let go, I gazed back into his eyes.

 

 

"The stars are telling me to let you know that I love you."



© 2010 Emunah June.


Author's Note

Emunah June.
It only took him a whole 2 BOOKS to say it! >.< (Reverse and Reverse: The Locket Chronicles)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on September 25, 2010
Last Updated on September 25, 2010

Reverse 2: Resembool X Shamballa


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing