Town Project

Town Project

A Chapter by Emunah June.

On the way to the house, the officer was relentless with questions. "Where you from?" he asked. I didn't know how to respond, since Resembool didn't exist in this world. "Out of town," was my weak reply. The officer smiled at this, then kept asking me questions. "Did you come alone?" was his next question. "No sir. I came with Ed's brother, Alphonse," I answered. This made the officer smile so big, I was wondering what was so pleasing. "Ed talked about his brother a couple of times. I'd love to meet this boy sometime," he said, then stared at me one more time.

 

"Would you like to help me out with something?"

 

I stopped walking completely. "Sir?" I said, pretending I didn't even hear him say anything. The officer nodded, pushing up his glasses. "Don't call me sir, call me Hughes. And secondly, I need help with something, and you seem like just the person to turn to," he said, smiling kindly. "An investigation?" I asked, confused at where this conversation was heading. Hughes shook his head. "Nope. A project, if you will. I'm going around town, choosing volunteers. Wanna help?" he asked.

 

This was puzzling. A town project? For the carnival, maybe? What to do? Ed and the others were most likely expecting me to come over today. And quite frankly, I really wanted to be with Ed today (my "wishes" last night made me realize just how much I wanted to be with him). The cons seemed to outweigh the pros, so I shook my head. "I really can't, Hughes. Ed and the others are waiting for me. This is only my second day of visiting," I answered, and just as I began to walk, Hughes sighed.

 

"You'd be perfect. I can talk to them. Walk with me to the station and I can telephone them."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I really didn't want to, but I didn't want to be rude either. So, I followed Hughes to the station and he called Alfons. "Yes, you friend....I've choosen her to be helping the town out with a project. Do you mind?....yes, she'll be back, the latest by tomorrow....Alright, she's here, if you want to talk to her...no? Alright, well, thank you. Bye," he said, and with that he hung up the phone. "Alrighty, they don't mind. In fact, they sounded happy you've volunteered."

 

You forced me. I want to be with Ed right now.

 

"Yes sir. Well, I guess we'd better go right? No time to lose."



© 2010 Emunah June.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on September 24, 2010
Last Updated on September 24, 2010

Reverse 2: Resembool X Shamballa


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing