Written Mistake

Written Mistake

A Chapter by Emunah June.

Luckily, Winry's house remained untouched by the chaos. While her lawn was covered in a thick puff of smoke and the trees were naked of leaves, her house was okay.

 

"Winry! Kirrah! Grandma!" I called, running towards the door. Winry must have seen me coming, because she opened the door and gave me a big hug. "Koda! You're alright! Oh, thank goodness!" she said, squeezing me tight. "He's home," I said a second later. "Hmm?" Winry asked. "He's home...Al and I brought Ed home," I replied, and Winry looked over to see both brothers walking over the horizon. "Ed! Al!" she said, losing all interest in me and running over to the boys. Kirrah walked out of the house. "Koda!" she said, hugging just as hard as Winry had. I grinned, hugging her tightly. Kirrah then sighed. "This Resembool place sure is scary. I don't think I'm ever coming back," she joked, tears swelling in her eyes. "You do that....you just go and do that..." I said, hugging her even harder.

 

Everything was serene now.

Everything was over.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

That night, Grandma made a large dinner to celebrate Ed's return. "You're going to need a much better arm and leg now that you are back home," she said, serving Ed a large T-bone steak with steamed rice and egg. He smiled, splitting apart his chopsticks. "Yes Ma'am! Just keep it coming!" he said, and everyone at the table laughed. "Wow, Ed, you sure haven't changed. Great to have you back," Winry said in a smooth tone. I sighed.

 

She's flirting. I know she is.

 

Ed grinned. "Great to be back. Can you pass me the barbeque sauce?" he replied.

 

....he's enjoying it. I KNOW he is.

 

As Ed drowned his steak in sauce, I looked over at Al, who seemed content to be in his brother's presence once more. But then I felt sad, realizing Al had lost all of his memories.l I guessed it was something he'd never get back, no matter how hard he tried. Even though I am no alchemist, it doesn't take a genius to realize no amount of alchemy could ever undo such a mistake. I found myself wondering if Ed blamed himself for Al's memory loss.

 

That's when I heard it.

 

Al's leg bumped against the table, and from his pocket you could hear the melody of Ed's watch go off. Ed stopped stuffing his face long enough to give his brother a good long stare. "You have my watch?" Ed asked, sauce dribbling out of his mouth. Al nodded as he fished in his pocket and pulled out the watch. "Here you go. I had held onto it," he said. Ed took it back, fingered the emblem, then tossed it back to Al. "You hold onto it. I don't need it anymore, " he said, continuing to shove meat and rice into his vaccuum for a mouth. I sighed, moving around some rice on my plate. "Koda?" Kirrah asked. I lifted my head to look over at her. "You okay?" she asked, tossing a piece of her steak into her mouth. "Me? Oh. Yeah, just have alot on my mind is all. Nothing more," I said. I could see Winry's deviant grin of "you-love-him-so-just-admit-it-already" as she looked over at Ed. "You're such a pig," she said, passing him a napkin. But he simply shoved the napkin away, raising his hand high in the air and shouting "I want some more, Auntie!" Grandma took his plate and walked back into the kitchen. "Sheesh, Ed. You're gonna get sick with the way you eat," I said, laughing a little. Ed grinned. "I'm home. Let me bask in the recognition," he said as Grandma placed another steaming hot steak in front of him. As he began to eat away on that one, Al sighed loudly. "Koda? When are we going to get back to my alchemy training? Today only made me realize how much I need the practice," he said, and I gulped. "Um...about that," Grandma said, tottering over to the table. "Koda, there was a mistake in the reading of Izumi's Will. Apparently, Al was supposed to teach you alchemy, not the other way around. I don't know why, but Izumi's Will said that it would increase Al's alchemy drastically. So I guess your training will start tomorrow, then?" she said. I sighed.

 

I knew it! There was no way Izumi would place me in charge of Al's training!



© 2010 Emunah June.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on September 25, 2010
Last Updated on September 25, 2010

Reverse 2: Resembool X Shamballa


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing