Starting a Family

Starting a Family

A Chapter by Emunah June.

The shot was so loud, I thought I was going to go deaf.

I didn't want to open my eyes. I was too scared. Had I missed? Had I hit? The suspense was too great, so all I did was stand there, gun still aimed.

 

"Koda! Open your eyes!" Ed called, and only then did I peek my eyes open.

 

Amelia was standing still, blood running down her back. "It...hurts...." she whispered before falling face down on the ground. I removed the gun from my eyeline, and stared at what I had just done. Breathing heavily, I looked over at Ed, who was just as shocked as I.

 

"Did I do that? Did I...?" I asked Ed, but he didn't respond.

I was just about to say something else when the whole castle shook, and I fell to the floor. "Koda! You okay?" Ed asked, regaining his balance. I nodded, standing up. I stared at Amelia one more time, who's blood was pooling on the floor. She twitched once or twice, and she was making a low moaning sound. I backed away, then looked at Ed. "We need to rescue Al! Envy has him!" I said, clentching my fists. Ed nodded. "Ed...Envy's a dragon, so he's got more power. Be careful," I said, grabbing onto his sleeve. He didn't move for awhile, and I was wondering if he was processing what I had said. I felt like I had to continue as tears formed in my eyes.

 

Now may be my only my chance to talk to him alone.

 

I clentched his sleeve tighter, memorizing the feeling of the cloth in between my fingers. "It's dangerous out there, and I have a feeling their powers are going to be greater than anything you've ever faced. Please, Ed...there are so many reasons why you can't die. So don't," I said. Then, I let go of his sleeve and stepped back. I felt like a schoolgirl with a crush, backing away like I did. Ed turned around, staring at me. "You're right. I do have alot of reasons why I can't die. Like one, being that I have the goal of starting a family," he said, catching me way off guard. "A family...? As in...children family?" I asked. He nodded. 'Isn't that why we all live? To experience love, start a family, and live in content?" he asked, taking off the prostetic skin on his arm. He threw it on the floor, once again having an arm of pure steel. He turned around, not looking at me. My whole body felt like it was blushing.

 

"We can talk about our values later. Let's save my brother."



© 2010 Emunah June.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on September 25, 2010
Last Updated on September 25, 2010

Reverse 2: Resembool X Shamballa


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing