An Unchosen Choice

An Unchosen Choice

A Chapter by Emunah June.

Winry and I strode away from Sig's home. Winry rubbed her eyes. "Poor Sig. I feel awful for him," she said heartfully. I nodded. "I've never had someone close to me die before. Lost, maybe, but never die," I whispered. Winry looked at me, and it was as if all the sorrow in her body melted away. "Yeah Koda. I know who you were thinking about the entire time in there," she teased. I gulped. "Um...anyways....what should we do? Is there anything we can give to Sig to make him feel better?" I asked, trying to change the subject. But Winry wasn't complying. "You were thinking of Ed the entire time!" she said, blocking my path by standing in front of me. I stared at her, dazed. Then, I smiled. "Maybe," I said, pushing her out of the way. Winry looked upset, as if I stopped her from having fun.

 

I still marvel myself at her model-like beauty. Her long blonde hair was pulled back into a messy bun. Her light blue eyes were mesmerizing if you looked at them long enough. Her body was perfectly proportioned, and her smile was one of pure kindness.

 

It was no wonder that Ed loved her.

 

Well, okay, I don't know that for sure. But I can tell. The way he acts, the way he looks at her....you can so tell. He's never done any of those things to me. From him, the most "romantic" thing he's ever given me is a hug. But he's hugged Winry before. Well....Winry hugged him. But you get the idea! I'm pretty sure they are meant to be!

 

I'm very jealous. But I don't show it.

 

Winry reluctantly followed me close behind as we walked down to the Rockbell house. "Winry...what would say if I told you that I did love Edward?" I asked silently as soon as we got to the front door. "Oh...I'd say I knew it all along! You used to when we were kids! Deny it all you want, Koda, but I know better!" Winry said. I smiled, and almost said "I'm not denying it anymore", but I didn't. I choked down my words as soon as I walked in the door. "We're home Grandma!" I called as Winry trailed close behind. Grandma teetered out of the kitchen. 'Welcome back. How is Sig holding up?" Grandma asked. Winry shook her head. "No good. He's in tears and he says that Izumi wanted me to continue Al's alchemy teachings! ME! Of all the people in the world to...." I said as I fell back into a chair at the table. Grandma shrugged. "If it's written in Izumi's Will, than so it shall be," she said. Winry smiled. "I'd like to see Koda attempt alchemy. It'll be pretty funny to watch," she said. I lightly punched her arm. "Hey! I could so do it if I tried hard enough! Just have to learn the ropes," I said in my defense. It was then that I shot a look at the clock. "Oh! Almost time for work. Better get into uniform," I said as I walked up the stairs to my room.



© 2010 Emunah June.


Author's Note

Emunah June.
You will never hear me be that nice to Winry in real life

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on September 24, 2010
Last Updated on September 24, 2010

Reverse 2: Resembool X Shamballa


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing