Through The Eyes of the Survivor

Through The Eyes of the Survivor

A Chapter by Emunah June.

The corridors were just as I remembered: tiny black hands passing me along, with faint winds blowing my hair behind me. Lucky for me, Al was still gripping my hand pretty hard. "Don't let go," I told him, in a soft tone since we were able to hear each other. Al nodded.

 

But then something happened that I never expected.

 

Tiny black creatures spawned from the sides of the corridors and jumped onto Al. His eyes grew wide. "W---What are they doing?!" Al asked in shear fear. "I don't know. They never did this to me," I said. The creatures tugged at Al's arm, and then Al screamed. I realized what they were trying to do: they were trying to rip off Al's arm!

 

With my open hand, I pushed the creatures off of Al. Al breathed heavily as he turned to me. "Thank you," he said in a soft tone. With that, an even brighter light made us close our eyes as we were thrown onto solid ground. We were both knocked out on impact.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Hey...hey are you allright?" I heard a voice from above me ask. Lazily, I opened my eyes. I looked up to see a man with worried blue eyes looking down at me.

 

"Oh...where am I? Who are you?" I asked as I tried to sit up. Suddenly, a thought came to mind that me awake and alert. "Alphonse! Is he okay?" I asked, looking up at the man. It was with a sigh that I realized who it was.

 

Alfons Heiderich.

 

"Am I okay?" he asked in a confused tone. I knew my mouth was open wide, because he looked at me even more confused. "Ma'am, do I need to take you to a doctor? Are you alright?" he asked again. "My friend...Alphonse....he was with me. Where is he? Is he okay?" I asked, still shocked and surprised.

 

"I'm up here!" a squeaky voice called from above me into the trees.

 

Alfons and I both looked up to see Al hanging from one of the tree branches. "Not a very soft landing," he joked, and I laughed. Alfons Heiderich cupped his hands over his mouth. "Are you okay sir? Do you need medical attention?" he called up to Al. Al shook his head, then gave a nervous laugh. "No, no, I'm alright thanks. Just need help getting down from here."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

As soon as Alfons and I got Al down from the tree, I promptly began introductions. "My name is Koda. I know your name, sir. Alfons Heiderich, right?" I said. Alfons stared. "Wow! Are you a gypsy or something? You sure don't look like it," he said in disbelief. I heard Al beginning to laugh, and I puffed a sigh. "I'm not a gypsy! My gypsy days are over. I met you before," I insisted. Alfons slit his eyes in confusion. "You met me before..? You don't look familiar," he said. I sighed. How to explain that I was from another world? How to explain that I died in my world, then took another person's body here? It made my head hurt just thinking about it. So I just said it point blank:

 

"You met me before under the name of Noah. Remember?"

 

As expected, Alfons looked confused and shocked at the same time. "Noah? Really? But she was burned at the stake! That's impossible!" he stated, and I ruffled my bangs in frustration. Alphonse stood in front of me and came to my rescue. "It's really confusing. There's a whole lot to explain. Why don't you take us to your place and we can talk about it?" he said. I nodded.

 

For a boy that lost his memories and doesn't even know what he's talking about, he sure sounds convincing.

 

"Alright fine. But I'd better tell my roomate. He'd freak if I just brought a pretty girl and a boy with me to my house," he said, winking in my direction.

 

Ooh no you didn't! That's just disgusting.

 

"Meet me in the florist shop in about an hour. That should give me some time to find and alert him," Alfons said as he ran off to town. As soon as Alfons was out of range, I looked over at Al. "Do you think...we'll find him here?" I asked in a soft tone. "I hope so. I really want to see my brother again. I can't remember anything about him," he said sadly as he looked over the horizon. We were standing in a wooded area, but over the horizon you could see the tip of a small town. It looked like a long walk, so it was no surprise to me Alfons had said in an hour. Al sighed as he began to walk ahead. It was only then that I noticed. "Hey Al, the Gate gave us a different set of clothes," I said, looking at Al's new outfit. He was wearing a dark green coat with brown trousers and a white collared shirt underneath. His hair was still in a ponytail, and he had on black work shoes. I looked at myself. I was wearing a buttoned blue blouse, and a long white skirt. I had flats on my feet, and my hair was also still in my ponytail. "Your right. I guess our other clothes gave away who we were too much? I dunno. First time through this Gate thing," Al said, playing with the new coat around his shoulders. I looked over to the town, and immedietly my mind flashed back to the time I was here, in this place. I remember standing on this exact hill, looking over at the burning town. I remember the explosions, the heat, the fear that racked my body as I ran with Alfons and Edmond (who I later discovered was Edward but in a different body) to save Hohenheim (Ed's father). I remember the second Edmond (remember, he was Edward) pulled me into a warm hug and told me he was glad I was okay. I also remember the shock and horror that came over me when burning planks fell onto him and crushed him. I could still feel his warm blood that seeped through the bottom of my dress.

 

It took Al shaking me by my shoulder to snap me out of it.

"Koda? You alright?" he asked. "Oh!" I breathed as I looked over at Al. "Y-Yeah. Sorry about that. Why don't we head to the florist shop now? We'll never find it if we just stand here."



© 2010 Emunah June.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on September 24, 2010
Last Updated on September 24, 2010

Reverse 2: Resembool X Shamballa


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing