Silent Agony

Silent Agony

A Chapter by Emunah June.

That night at dinner, Al was telling Grandma, Winry, and Kirrah all about his great success today. I sighed. "What are alchemists anyways? It was never explained to me," a confused Kirrah called from over the table. I smirked.

 

"That's a lie, Kirrah. I DID tell you. Remember? Alchemy is the process of taking one thing and creating something of equal value out of it. I told you that yesterday. If you link them together.." I said as I stuffed a piece of sausage into my mouth, "..then you'll know that State Alchemists are people who excel in this profession." Kirrah still gave me a "duh" type of look before she looked back down at her sausage and rice.

 

"I don't get it."

 

I breathed out a heavy sigh. "Kirrah, there's no other way to explain it," I said stubbornly. Kirrah looked at me angrily. "Well, Koda, you're not the brightest bulb in the lights either, There is no way you understood that when you were first told! So tell me how it was explained to you!" she exclaimed, lightly banging her fist on the table. I opened my mouth to speak, then lowered my head. "Ed showed me," I whispered quietly. Winry sighed, too tired to crack a joke. "I remember that night. He took you into the backyard and you came back with a radio. He had made it with alchemy, didn't he?" she said. Grandma poured more meat juice onto my plate. "More eating, Koda! More eating! Let Alphonse finish his story," Grandma instructed as she poured more meat juice on everybody else's plate. Al smiled as he dug his fork into his sausage. "The Colonel said I had talent, so he handed me my own pocketwatch, and now I'm in the military! I'll finally find my Nii-San! Oh! And did I tell you my alias? It's the Gentle-Hearted Alchemist. I like it," Al said as he shoved more rice into his face, then scarfing down the new sausage Grandma plopped onto his plate. I sighed. "You sure are hungry aren't you?" I asked outloud. Kirrah lay back in her seat. "Oh, my Riku...you should see him, Koda, he eats like a savage pig. He's gotten more weight since the last time you've seen him. Not fat, but...well, he's Riku. You figure it out," she said, obviously trying to change the topic.

 

Either that, or make me say something about Ed.

 

"Really now? Tell him I said to take it easy!" I lightly said as I finished up my food. "I'm good Grandma. I'm gonna pack it in early," I stated as I picked up my plate and walked to the sink. As I turned on the water to wash my plate, I hear Winry talking to me. "Koda...are you alright?"

 

No...no I'm not. I miss Edward so much it hurts, and the Colonel is taking away Alphonse's life for his own greedy exploits.

 

"Yeah. I'll be alright."



© 2010 Emunah June.


Author's Note

Emunah June.
Riku is a pig! >.<

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on September 24, 2010
Last Updated on September 24, 2010

Reverse 2: Resembool X Shamballa


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing