Waltz of Atonement

Waltz of Atonement

A Chapter by Emunah June.

"What's up Koda? What's going on?" Al asked. I coughed. "I think I know how you can you can find Ed, or at least get a lead. The military. Join the military, and there's sure to be some books about him. After all, he was the famous Fullmetal Alchemist," I said, straightening his shirt collar. Al blushed, and then he nodded. "Joining the military wasn't something I thought about. I'll do that, tomorrow," he said. Then, with a friendly smile, he said "And then we can continue my training!" I gulped. "Y-Yeah. We can continue with your training after that! But for now, let's focus on this," I instructed, hoping my blushing face wasn't showing. Al nodded, then turned around and headed back for the dining room. I sighed. "I don't know the first thing about alchemy. I guess while Al is signing up, I'll look up a book on alchemy. Or....if what Havoc said is correct, I can ask the Colonel," I said, placing a finger to my lips. "Hmmm..."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

That night, it was nearly impossible to sleep. I layed wide awake in bed, listening to the wind slam against my window. I rested my head against the pillow, and that's when the noise came to my ears:

 

A small bell like melody.

 

My eyes widened as I sat up in bed. I had heard this melody before. I kept my ears perked as I listened in again.

 

The melody was sweet and mesmorizing, and I shuddered.

This melody came from Ed's military pocketwatch! Which must mean....

 

I jumped out of bed, running into the hallway to locate the melody. It was coming from the other side of the hall. I ran to the door and pushed it open.

 

"Ah! Koda!"

 

It was Al, sitting up in bed reading, with Ed's pocketwatch beside him. I sighed. "Oh yeah...I gave you his watch. I forgot," I said outloud. Al looked confused as he adjusted his blankets. "What?" he asked, blinking his eyes. "I'm sorry. I thought that Ed was in here. I heard his watch and...oh I forgot I had given it to you when you went with Izumi," I said sadly, my shoulders sinking. Al sighed. "Nope. I listen to it every night, hoping that maybe Nii-San will hear it and come home. Or maybe I'll remember something about him," he said, opening his book again. "Have you yet?" I asked. Al shook his head. "Nothing. But that's allright. I'll remember sometime. I just have to," he said. I smiled as I sat next to Al. "Your brother would be proud of you to see how hard you're working. I'm proud of you," I said, patting Al's head. He smiled happily as he blushed. "I try," he said shyly.

 

A fist hit the side of Al's wall from the other room. "Can you quiet down please?! God, I'm trying to sleep!" Kirrah's annoyed voice said from the other side. Gently, I closed Ed's pocketwatch and placed it in Al's hand. "Better go to sleep. Goodnight Alphonse. See you tomorrow," I said gently as I left the room.

 

I fell back into my bed when I got to my room. The melody was still ringing in my ears as I covered myself with the blanket. Ed's pocketwatch....it held so many memories for me. I felt a tear slide down my face as I found myself wishing I could unlock my memories and give them all to Al.



© 2010 Emunah June.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on September 24, 2010
Last Updated on September 24, 2010

Reverse 2: Resembool X Shamballa


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing