Desired Liar

Desired Liar

A Chapter by Emunah June.

Al and I soon made it to the outskirts of town. "Ahh, Germany. It hasn't changed," I said as I looked over at Al. I wasn't surprised to find that his face was bright red and his mouth was in a straight line. "Are you shy, Al?" I asked. Al shook his head. "No! But...what if we do find Nii-San? What do I say?" he asked. I smiled. "So your seeking your Brother's approval? Is that it?" I asked, but Al didn't answer. "Well, let's get moving," I ordered, and we were back on the move. It must have been weird, seeing two people walking around town and staring at bussiness signs. "Koda," Al had said after 25 minutes of walking, "I'm gonna ask for directions. Wait here," he said as he ran up to a tall man. I waited where I stood, but then felt my heart skip a beat when he turned around.

 

Hohenheim?!

 

"Excuse me sir, do you know where the florist shop is?" Al asked, and then I realized he was oblivious to the fact that he was talking to his father. "Well sure, it's over there," Hohenheim replied in a monotone, pointing to a building on the other side of town. "Thank you sir!" Al said polietly, motioning for Hohenheim to shake his hand. "Your welcome," Hohenheim said, shaking Al's hand. Then, with a confused look, Hohenheim spoke again. "You're a very polite young man. Can I get your name?" he asked. Al, who was happy to be complimented, smiled. "Sure! My name is Alphonse Elric!" he said happily. The look on Hohenheim's face was one I will never forget. Hohenheim then spotted me from waaaaay behind Al, and I gulped. "Alphonse? Really?" he said, facing his attention to Al again. Al nodded, looking a little frightened. "Yes? Why?" he asked. Hohenheim then hugged Al, and I couldn't help but giggle from the expression on Al's face.

 

"My other son has returned to me at last," Hohenheim said happily. With this, I decided to join them.

 

"Hello Hohenheim. Long time no see," I said curtly.

 

Hohenheim eyed me. "Well, hello there Koda. I see you've grown," he said. I looked away from him.

 

I knew the truth.

 

You see, when Ed and Al were kids, Hohenheim left them and their mother, Trisha, behind. He never returned to Resembool. Not even for their mother's funeral (Trisha died of a sickness she kept to herself). I later discovered that Hohenheim left Trisha to be with his other lover, Dante (of who which tried to murder me!!)

 

"Dad?" Al asked in disbelief, and Hohenheim nodded. With that, Al embraced his father in bear hug. "Dad! Oh Dad! I'm so happy to see you! Dad! Dad!" Al cried happily as he buried his face in Hohenheim's chest. I sighed, and was pretty sure that Al had forgotten the whole reason we came here:

 

To find Edward, not Hohenheim.

 

Al let go of Hohenheim, and you could tell he wanted to cry. "What are you doing here in this side of the Gate?" he whispered to Al. Al rubbed his eyes and choked out one word:

 

"Nii-San."

 

Hohenheim gazed longingly at Al. "You're looking for your brother, eh? Well, what if I told you that I knew where he was?" he whispered. I tuned into this part. "Where is he Dad? Where is he?" Al asked excitedly. Hohenheim sighed as he placed his hands on Al's shoulders. "He's here," he said as he placed a finger near Al's heart. "In my heart?" Al asked sadly as he placed a palm on his chest. I sighed one of sadness then looked away. "He's in your heart Al. And if you let your heart speak, you'll find him. I believe in you, my big strong boy," he said as he ruffled Al's hair. Al looked up to his father just as Hohenheim turned to walk away. "Alright Koda. To the florist shop then?" Al asked, dissapointment evident. I nodded, but the nagging feeling in my chest wouldn't go away.

 

Why was Hohenheim treating Al differently than he had with Edward?

 

I tried to figure it out the entire time Al and I asked around town where the florist shop was. "It's just around the bend from here," said one woman, who was in a rush. As I thanked her, I looked over back at Al, who looked like he was about to cry. "What's wrong Al?" I asked. Al looked at me, and I could tell his smile was fake. "Oh...nothing. Let's get to the florist shop already."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

By the time we got the the florist, Alfons was already there, and he was quite annoyed. "You DO know that the hour struck about 15 minutes ago right?" he asked the second we walked in. "Sorry, Alfons. We got tied up," I said, glacing at Al. Alfons sighed as he walked over to us. "Well, no worries. Anyways, my roomate will be asleep once we get there, so we'll have plenty of time to talk," he said. I nodded, but Al held his tounge. "Now let's go. We have a long walk. I would have used my car but..." Alfons began, and then a solemn look came upon his face. "Why?" I asked. Alfons smiled nervously, but then grit his teeth. "I swear, I'm never ever ever letting him behind the wheel EVER again!" he mumbled so low I almost had trouble hearing him. "An accident, I pressume?" I asked, in a light tone to show the playfulness in my voice.

 

"Yeah. Well, anyways, let's get going!"



© 2010 Emunah June.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on September 24, 2010
Last Updated on September 24, 2010

Reverse 2: Resembool X Shamballa


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing