The Death of A Hated/Loved One

The Death of A Hated/Loved One

A Chapter by Emunah June.

My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets.

 

Above me was a dragon, fearsome and large, hanging onto the ceiling. It had something in it's mouth, and it was eyeing me carefully. "Dragon! Is this the one you sensed from Shamballa?" Amelia asked, jerking my wrist upwards towards the dragon. The dragon moved the thing in his mouth around, then exhaled through his nose.

 

Yes...this is the one. She is Koda...the one that got me sent here in the first place!

 

I stared long and hard at the dragon. "I'm sorry?" I said outloud. The dragon gave a low growl in it's stomach.

 

Koda? That's so sad. You don't remember you're old pal? It' me...your friend...Envy.

 

My eyes widened, and I felt everything in my stomach slam against my ribs. "E-Envy?! T-That's impossible! You were in...the ballroom....with Dante..." I stammered, but he slammed his dragon foot in protest.

 

Shut up! I'll tell you what happened after you died...the Fullmetal Brat fought with me, and I killed him. I sent him through the Gate! But somehow, he came back, and I was thrown into the Gate. I was turned into this! If you hadn't intervened, I would be back home, with the Philosopher's Stone in hand! But now I am here...in this dump...and you're the only one who can send me back.

 

I swallowed hard, but vomit still came up my throat. I fell to my knees and threw up. Amelia was unphased, only moving backwards so the contents couldn't get all over her.

 

Vomiting won't make you get away so easy now.

 

"I don't come from Shamballa! You can't--" I began, but Amelia pulled me up and made me stand again.

 

Edward will be here before the sun sets...he has to be. He can somehow sense when you're in danger. That, or he'll go looking for him.

 

With that, Envy's head turned towards a curtain, and the curtain fell. I was all too familiar with the container--a glass tube suspended in air. Inside, tied up and looking very afraid, was Al.

 

"Al! Al no! Don't hurt him! It's me you want, get him out of here!" I pleaded with Envy. Al saw me. "Koda? Koda, is that you? Envy!! She has nothing to do with this! Get her out of here!" he cried, but Envy slammed his tail against the tube, making Al scream and then stop talking as the tube swayed side to side.

 

Shut up! Now...open the Gateway! Draw a circle and make it work.

 

With that, Amelia let me go and threw me onto the floor. I fell, skinning my knees and starting to bleed. I turned around, and Amelia had a gun pointed at me. "Open the path," she said, and I turned around to face the ground. I grabbed the chalk, my hand shaking.

 

Don't do it Koda....don't let Envy get to you...you'd rather die, right?

 

I began to draw it out, going on the one Al had drawn in the backyard back in Resembool. The sketch was shaky, but nonetheless looked like something you'd be able to use in a transmutation.

 

Good girl...now all it needs is the blood of the Elric's to open. Here we go!

 

With that, Envy opened his mouth, and the object flailed and fell to the ground with a sickening thud. I closed my eyes and covered my mouth. No doubt, it was a human body...but who?

 

The blood of the Elrics....oh no! No! No! Don't let it be....!!

 

I opened my eyes and rushed over to see who the body was. I prayed, oh believe me, that it wasn't Ed.

 

To my surprise, it wasn't.

 

 

It was Hohenheim.



© 2010 Emunah June.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on September 25, 2010
Last Updated on September 25, 2010

Reverse 2: Resembool X Shamballa


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing