Intense Chances

Intense Chances

A Chapter by Emunah June.

Taking me back to the room I had started in, she threw me onto the metal contraption. "Now! Make the Core work! Use that thing you drew again!" Amelia screamed, putting the gun at the back of my head. I nodded, then took the chalk she gave me and slowly began to draw the circle on the Core. Just as I had finished the last piece of the diagram, I felt something hit the back of my head.

 

Something small.

 

I looked over to see a small round ball with an angry looking face on it. It flopped around a floor for a minute, then stopped. "What is that?" I asked outloud, but Amelia pushed the gun nozzle harder onto my head. "Do you wanna die?! Finish!" she said. I turned my direction away from the ball only for a minute before a cloud of smoke filled the room. I coughed hard, unable to see and unable to finish the circle. Too weak to hold the chalk aymore, I dropped it and covered my mouth. I coughed hard again and again, and I felt Amelia fall to the floor. I was free to run away...if only I could see....

 

Something grabbed me and pulled me forward, and I wanted to scream, but I was too aghast.

 

I was moving pretty quickly, and once I left the smoke cloud, I was let go. I looked to my left (where the thing was) and saw that Edward was here.

 

He had saved me.

 

"Ed!" I said, happy to see him. "You alright?" he asked, helping me stand up. "Yes, but..."I said, feeling guilty. "Ed...your dad is dead and Al is stuck inside a tube...Envy..." I stammered out all at once. Ed's eyes widened. "What?" he said. I sighed and began to talk when the smoke behind us cleared, and Amelia was standing up, ready to come and get me.

 

"Where do you think you're going? Come and finish what you started!!" Amelia shouted, aiming the gun at me.

Ed, however, was quick thinking, and he pulled up his right sleeve. Pulling back what looked like his normal arm, the skin broke and you could see the metal arm underneath. He pulled a string, and soon his AutoMail was purring excitedly. "It's not my spike, but it'll work," he said with a grin.

 

"Don't let her get me, Ed."

 

The fact that this came out of my own mouth surprised me. Was I...feeling defenseless? I didn't think Ed had heard me, but I knew he had when he said:

 

"She won't."

 

Amelia grit her teeth and was just about to fire when Ed held up his arm to let the bullet dodge off his AutoMail. In a flurry, Amelia was just about to shoot again when Ed knocked the gun out of her hand and pulled her into a chokehold. I knew I was gaping at his speed, but I stopped when the gun slid to the tip of my feet.

 

A gun? Maybe I could use it?

 

I picked it up, ever so carefully fingering the trigger. Amelia's face dropped, and she knew what I was thinking. "P..Please! Don't shoot me! I.." she began. I wanted to, but I knew in doing so would result in the chance of me shooting Ed as well. So all I did was walk over, take the bullets from her pockets, and put them in mine. Ed let go when he was sure Amelia could do no more harm. Amelia scuffled her feet a little, then stared at Ed. He wasn't saying anything, and he didn't have to. His point came arcoss quite easily. Ed stepped out of the way, and he smiled, giving me the signal.

 

Show him your bravery. Show him you've grown up during your seperation.

 

Raising the gun, I gulped hard and carefully put my finger near the trigger. Taking aim, I was just about to fire before Amelia's instincts kicked in and she began to bolt. Shaking, my hand aimed straight for her back and, slamming my eyes closed, I pulled the trigger.



© 2010 Emunah June.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on September 25, 2010
Last Updated on September 25, 2010

Reverse 2: Resembool X Shamballa


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing