A Dollop of Past

A Dollop of Past

A Chapter by Emunah June.

I introduced Kirrah to Al when she walked in. "Is he one of your friends from when you moved here?" I asked. I nodded. "Since I was 6," I said proudly. Al nodded, but I could see the reluctantcy in his eyes.

Al had lost all memories of his brother from the time Ed was 11. He didn't remember anything about his journey with Ed, about what happened with me, and pretty much anything else. He remembered meeting me, but this reminded him that he lost all these memories.

I crossed my fingers, hoping to skate around the topic of Ed. It still hurt to think of him, so I tried not to at all. But when you're in love, it's sorta hard. But hey, what Kirrah didn't know wouldn't hurt her, right? Al smiled as I passed him a cup of tea. "Ahh! Tea! I haven't had any in a long time. Teacher didn't make tea," he said as he gulped it down, then spit some out and coughed. "Easy Al, it's still hot," I said as I pat his back. His eyes began to tear up, so I got him a napkin to daub his eyes and mouth. "When you take a bath tonight, I'll wash your clothes that may have gotten tea stains," I said. Al nodded. "Thanks. Anyways, why am I back here? How am I going to continue my alchemy training?" he said, and I felt my muscles tense. "Alchemy? What's that?" Kirrah asked. Al looked over at her and said "It's a process of taking one thing and creating something of equal value out of it. I'll show you sometime," he offered, but Kirrah shook her head. "I'm here on a vacation, I don't want have anything to do with learning," she said lazily as she leaned back in the wooden dining room chair. Grandma looked at me with the you're-not-getting-away-with-anything look, and she spoke to Al. "You have a brand new teacher, Al. Koda's going to be continuing your training," Grandma said, smirking. I gulped, and both Al and Kirrah spoke at the same time: "Koda?!" I smiled nervously. "Hee hee...yeah I'm going continue your teachings," I said as I turned back to the pot roast. Al smiled. "I didn't know Koda knew alchemy! This is going to be so exciting!" he said. Winry laughed, and Kirrah looked confused. "Heh, well...." I began as I dumped some carrots into the roast. "Let me get you a drink. How does milk sound?" I asked Al. He nodded. "Yeah I was out of tea anyways," he answered, looking at his empy teacup. I took his cup and began to fill it when Al spoke again. "Did you know I dream about being with Nii-San*?"

*= Nii-San means "older brother" is Japanese. Here Al is using to says he dreams about "older brother", or Edward.

 

I gulped.

 

Winry smirked and playfully tapped my back. "Oh? You dream about Ed? Tell us what you dream about," Winry said, and I poured the milk faster. "Well, I'm always this sick rocket scientist, and Ed and I have fun together. Always, at the end of my dream, I cough up blood. It don't know what it means," Al said. Kirrah looked at me.

 

"Ed? Who's that?"

 

So much for avoiding the subject.

 

My face went red as I shut the milk carton and put it back in the fridge. I could hear Winry's laugh forming in her chest. "Yeeeaaah Koda, tell her about Edward," she said. I sighed. "He's Al's older brother," was my weak response. Winry couldn't hold it in any longer. "That you are totally in LOVE with!" she teased. I shook my head. "You have it wrong!" I denied. But I saw Kirrah and Winry smirk at the same time. I held in my breath. "Sure Koda. Right. But you totally loved him when we were kids. You even admitted it!" Winry teased. I felt sweat dripping from my head. "That was when we were kids. It's different now."

 

No it's not. I'm such a liar. But if I tell Winry, all she'll do is make fun of me!

 

"Say Winry, can I see a picture of this guy?" Kirrah asked slyly, and Winry happily complied. She gave her a picture of Ed from the last time he was at the Rockbell house (2 years ago). I looked at the picture with Kirrah. I had totally forgotten about how handsome he was. He had long blonde hair that was pulled back into a braid. Just like Al, he had a red coat on with nothing but black underneath. His eyes were a golden yellow colour and he always was ready for adventure. But not in this picture. In this picture, Ed was sitting on the couch and looking extremely bored. His eyes were watery, and he was yawning. "Is the best picture you have?" Kirrah asked. Winry nodded. Kirrah examined the photo once more and said "Oh, Koda! You have a good eye! He's adorable!" she said. I grit my teeth, then forced myself to smile. "Oh? Well, he'd kill you if he heard you say that. Ed has pride issues sometimes. But I don't love him!" I exclaimed. Winry covered her mouth with one hand, and I could see she was hiding her smile. Kirrah smiled as she handed me the photo. "Is that what Nii-San used to look like? He looks like he's lazy," Al said, and Winry and I laughed. "Lazy? Far from it. Ed always complained about how there was nothing to do here in Resembool. It was funny to watch him complain," I said, still laughing. Then Al smiled, and I swallowed.

 

Oh yeah. My mission.

 

"Hey Al, I have talk to you alone. Can we step into the other room please?" I asked, and he nodded. "What's up Koda? You going for the other Elric since your darling Edward isn't here?" Winry said laughing, and I stepped on her toe as Al and I walked past.



© 2010 Emunah June.


Author's Note

Emunah June.
OH! PWNAGE!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on September 24, 2010
Last Updated on September 24, 2010

Reverse 2: Resembool X Shamballa


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing