Not Quite A Mirror

Not Quite A Mirror

A Chapter by Emunah June.

"You've grown up!" Kirrah said happily. "But the military though...why?" she asked. I swallowed my tea I had made. "It made the most at the time. I'm glad I picked this job. There's alot of adventure that comes with it. Now tell me, Kirrah, did Grandma send for you?" I asked as I stood up the check on the pot roast. "Yeah, she did. She told me all about you. When I asked if I could come and visit, she almost immedietly gave me the address," Kirrah said, scratching the back of her neck. She had short brown hair, hazel eyes, and a fair sized body (I told her to stay away from the doughtnuts....she doesn't listen). As I stirred the meat and began to cut up carrots, Kirrah was walking up the stairs. "Hey! Kirrah! Get back here!" I called from the stove, but she didn't hear me. I sighed as I left the boiling pot and walked up the stairs after her. When I was up the top of my stairs, Kirrah was already in my room. "Hey Koda! I like your room!" she said as I walked in. I smiled. "Thank you very much. We need to wait downstairs though, I'm expecting someone," I said. Kirrah hadn't heard me, as she was looking through my things. I laughed, but then stopped as she picked up a photo. "Koda...whos--" she began before I snatched the photo out of her hands. "I-It's no one! Now let's go downstairs. I'm expecting--"

 

"We're home!!"

 

"...someone. Wait here," I said as I stuffed the photo in my pocket. (The photo was of me and Edward when we were kids. I keep it hidden because it's my most prized possesion). I swallowed hard as I walked down the stairs and into the living room. There, I saw Grandma.

 

But no Winry, and no Alphonse.

 

"Grandma...where's..."I began. "Oh, Winry is helping Al carry his things. They'll be here soon. Is our other guest here?" she asked. I nodded. "Kirrah showed up a couple minutes ago. She's upstairs," I said. Grandma looked at me through her glasses as she trotted upstairs to my room. Finally, Winry came in, and I felt myself sweat as Al walked in.

 

He was older now. Better looking too. Just like his brother, he was wearing a red coat with nothing but black underneath. His hair was pulled back into a ponytail rather than a braid, and his smile was warm and welcoming. "Hey Al! Long time no see!" I said as I helped Winry with Al's suitcases. "Oh, it has been too long! Good to see you too!" he said happily as I gave him a friendly hug. When I let go, he sighed. "Still haven't found Nii-San. But I'm trying!" he said. I pat his shoulder. "You're doing fine. Now come on in, I just made some tea."



© 2010 Emunah June.


Author's Note

Emunah June.
Ooh, Koda checkin Alphonse out?? WHAT WOULD ED SAY??? Lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on September 24, 2010
Last Updated on September 24, 2010

Reverse 2: Resembool X Shamballa


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing