Weight of the Mind

Weight of the Mind

A Chapter by Emunah June.

I walked into my office. There, as usual, was a large stack of papers waiting for me to organize and go through. I sighed as I sat at my desk and pulled out the stamp from one of my drawers. "Let the boredom ensue," I told myself as I began to read and stamp.

 

Read and stamp.....read and stamp.....read and stamp......read and stamp......

 

"Miss Koda?" I heard a voice call.

 

I looked up from my papers to see Riza Hawkeye standing there. "Morning Miss Hawkeye. How are you?" I asked. "I'm fine. The Colonel sent me to come and get you. He wanted to talk to you about an assignment?" Hawkeye asked as I saluted her. "An...assignment? I wasn't dispatched to one..." I said as I stood up. "That's just what he wanted me to tell you. Oh, and Scheizca told me to give you this," Hawkeye said as she passed me a box. I smiled. "Oh thank you, Miss Hawkeye! I'll go see the Colonel now."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I never like going to Colonel Roy Mustang's office. He's a very flirtacious man that scares me sometimes. I can see why Ed hated him. But at the same time, he's very fair and sometimes very funny. He has raven black hair and dark eyes. To most of the women here in the base, he's the most handsome man around. True, he's good looking, but personality wise, I can't stand him sometimes.

 

I knocked on the Colonel's door. "Come in," his voice ordered on the other side of the door. As I pushed the door open, I could see many boxes on the floor.

 

He must be getting his things packed.

 

"Miss Hawkeye said you wanted to see me, sir?" I asked shyly as I stepped into his office. As usual, Mustang was sitting behind his desk writing on papers. When he looked up at me, I could see the eyesore that was his eyepatch. He wont tell us what, but something happened and he lost his right eye. Only Hawkeye knows what happened. "Ahh, yes Koda. You must have heard from Havoc or Hawkeye about my resigning? Well, I have to talk to you before I leave," he said. I nodded and sat in front of his desk. "Yes Colonel, I'm all ears," I answered obidently. Folding his hands over the desk, he continued. "It happened in Resembool, if I remember, which is why you are the one I'm talking to. You may have heard of the passing of Izumi, correct?" he asked me. I nodded. "Yes, Colonel Mustang. In fact, her home was close to mine, so I paid my condolences already to Sig," I answered. "Her passing was unfortunate, yes, but this means that one of the Elric's will be returning home. That would be....Alphonse, correct?" he asked me. I nodded, feeling my face get hot. "Well, I want you to bring Alphonse here when he returns and bring him to me or whoever is Colonel at the time. I want you to force him to join the military," he stated so coldly, I began to shiver. "What? Force Al to join the military? Why sir?" I asked, feeling a little angry. "Simple. He is the son of Hohenheim. If he is anything like his brother, he'll be a prodigy and we could use another one of those," said Mustang. I felt my muscles tense up. "Ed and Al are two different people sir. Plus, he's lost all memories of his and Ed's adventures. He won't remember anything," I spoke softly. Mustang squinted his eye at me. "Are you questioning me, Koda?" he asked. I nodded. "Forgive me sir, but I don't feel like I should force Al to join if he doesn't want to. Plus, how is the military going to help Al find his brother?" I asked angrily. I felt the tension get thicker in the room, and my stomach began to churn.

 

No, Koda. Hold it in. You can do this.

 

"It won't, but it will benefit the state. But you know, Koda, we need another Fullmetal."

 

I swallowed as vomit came up my throat.

 

"Al doesn't need to be in the military. Fire me if you have to, but I'm not going to force Al to do anything," I said weakly as I stood up. "Koda, why would I fire you? But, I am upset you won't follow orders. What would Edward think?" he asked, and I winced.

 

"Edward would be very disappointed in you to see you not following orders. Of course, he never really followed them himself, but there's still the fact that he expects you to. So what was your answer to my question?" Mustang asked cockily as he layed back in his chair. My stomach got angrier, and I covered my mouth. "Excuse me sir," I said, my voice shaking as I ran out the door and to the bathroom.

 

Too much anger.

 

When I finished puking, I came back to his office. "Sorry sir," I said softly. "So you will do as you were told, correct?" he asked. I was about to shake my head, but I nodded solemnly. "Yes sir. I'll bring Al to the military when he comes home, on the condition that he makes his own desision," I said. Mustang shook his head. "You need to force him to join. If you don't you'll suffer a severe pay cut....down to 50 a week," he said. I grinned. "But what if you aren't in office sir? What then?" I asked, showing my anger. "I'll leave a note. Now go, and remember my warning."



© 2010 Emunah June.


Author's Note

Emunah June.
"You can do this Koda."

Yeah okay. No you can't!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on September 24, 2010
Last Updated on September 24, 2010

Reverse 2: Resembool X Shamballa


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing