The First Sign

The First Sign

A Chapter by Emunah June.

That night, as I lay in bed, I began to think about my childhood days. The sticky Summers and frigid Winters...along with the crispy Falls and blossoming Springs....it all made me so happy back then. I was never alone. Somebody was at my side at all times. I smiled, remembering one of the funniest experiences I ever had...

 

I was only 6, and Al and I were on our way to the Resembool marketplace. Grandma wanted to teach us how to make blueberry pie, so she sent Al and I to go get the ingredients. Being the youngest in the group, Al was only 5. When we had found the blueberries, Al was asked to pay. But when Al fished into his pocket for the 13 sens, he realized he had left all the money on the counter at home! The man behind the counter began to grow impatient. "Err...a monkey took my money. Can I just take these home and pay you when I have the money back?" Al asked sadly as he pressed his hands against the counter.

 

A monkey? I remembered thinking.

 

Al was really good at the puppydog look, because the man said okay and gave us our blueberries. Of course, Al sped back to the marketplace once he had the money in hand, but it was still a funny experience.

 

Now, no longer 6 but 18, I sat in bed wishing that I could relive those golden days. In those days, I wasn't missing anyone. Everyone was with me. Everyone was always with me. Because our little hearts couldn't take very much seperation.

 

That is why it happens now. To see if our hearts can take it now.

 

When I heard Ed's pocketwatch going off in the other room, I sat up. Listening in to the melody, I sighed.

 

Edward....where are you? Where can I find you? I miss you. Please...come home. Send me a sign. Anything!

 

I had promised myself that I would tell Edward my feelings for him the next time I saw him. But how can I do that if I don't know where he is?

 

I heard the sounds of Al moving around, and soon the watch clicked shut and everything got silent. I swallowed hard as I laid back down. The tears began to fall down my face.

 

"Ed....please.....send me a sign."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The world around me was dark. All around me was bone chilling mist and I couldn't make anything out. The ground below me was gravel, and I noticed that I was wearing gypsy like clothes. Clinging onto myself to conserve body heat, I looked around.

 

"Where am I?" I called, but only my echo trailing off in the distance was my reply. A lock of hair fell in my face, and I gasped. I pushed the hair out of my face, only to notice something.

 

My skin was dark.

 

"Ahh..." I whispered to myself as I searched myself. My body....the clothes....the skin....the hair...

 

"This is impossible! This can't be! I'm not dead!" I cried outloud.

 

I was once again Noah.

 

A while's back, I had gotten killed while trying to save Ed's life. My spirit was thrown into the Gate, or the other side. I had ended up in a strange place called Germany, and I was no longer Koda, but a gypsy named Noah. However, my Noah body was killed in a burning ritual. So how...?

 

How was I Noah?

 

Suddenly, the mist parted, and behind lay a burning city. But this city wasn't one I reconized. "Where am..." I began before a strong hand slammed onto my shoulder. "Noah! Hurry!" the voice said, and I looked over my shoulder.

 

"Alfons!" I cried.

 

Alfons Heiderich was a rocket scientist I had met during my time behind the Gate. How was he here?

"Alfons! What's going on? Where are we going?" I called as I ran behind him. Alfons paid no attention to me as he ran ahead.

 

Farther and farther....and farther....

 

"Alfons! I can't...can't breathe....Alfons!" I called after him, but he was too far away.

 

"Shamballa," an eerie voice whispered in my ear. Suddenly, the fire circled around me, melting off my skin. "What's going on...? No! I don't want to die again! Nooooo!!"



© 2010 Emunah June.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on September 24, 2010
Last Updated on September 24, 2010

Reverse 2: Resembool X Shamballa


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing