Chapter 12: the breakdown

Chapter 12: the breakdown

A Chapter by Steven Ingels

All Saturday and Sunday roscoe worked at the nest doing the necessary jobs for Grady. It was different for Roscoe no one was making him go across down and pick up money and avoid cops all day. It was also different because Roscoe hadn’t done any drugs. He felt weird and good at the same time. Scrapping mud off his shoes Roscoe turned hearing the screen door open and saw Grady was dressed up in a red button down shirt and blue jeans. He had his black snake boots on matching with his neck tie, “Whoa old man where are you going?” Grady gave a nod, “Out for a bit.”

                Grady stepped down the stairs, “Well can I go with you” Asked Roscoe, “Um why” asked Grady.” Roscoe shrugged, “Just to get out see what else is in this f*****g place.” Grady smirked shaking his head, “Maybe another time” Grady walked past Roscoe walking to his truck getting his keys out of his pocket, “Why are you being so shady?” Grady stopped by the bed of his truck turning to Roscoe, “I’m not being shady. I don’t know why you would think that.”

                Roscoe folded his arms, “well for you one you won’t help me clean up your place and the second you’re not showing an innocent kid like me around a new town.” Grady laughed, “Innocent yeah right and I will show you the town when you learn respect for others and yourself. Now ponder on that.” Roscoe had no clue what Grady meant about that. Grady got into his truck putting the keys in the ignition and turned on the engine. He poked his head out; “now I expect you to be gone before I get back” Grady stepped on the pedal and quickly drove off.” Roscoe swiped the dust out of his face and wondered what Grady’s problem was.

                Coming back to the new house Roscoe looked at it and just shook his head. He saw his mom on the stairs and something different about her. She had bruises on her arms and a black eye, “Mom what happened?” Mrs. Rizzo looked up covering her bruises, “Nothing I ran into a wall.” Roscoe knew that was bullshit, “Dad did that didn’t he?” No he didn’t” Mrs. Rizzo said as a tear came out of her eye, “Roscoe knew his mom wasn’t clumsy and that just angrier him some more. Roscoe walked up the stairs when his mom grabbed his arm, “it’s okay?” Roscoe jerked his arm back, ‘It’s not okay He can’t get away from this” Roscoe quickly went inside stopping at the bottom of the stairs.

                Mr. Rizzo came out from the kitchen seeing his son, “How many other woman have you hit besides mom?” Asked Roscoe. Mrs. Rizzo came inside.” Mr. Rizzo shook his head, “None she was at the wrong place at the wrong time.” “Oh yeah” Roscoe quickly pulled his gun out of the back of his pants and pointed it directly at his father, “Now who is at the wrong place at the wrong time.” The whole house went silent and Sidney and Camille came out of their rooms to see what the commotion was about not expecting to see Roscoe holding a gun at their father. Mr. Rizzo folded his arms, “What are you going to do shoot me in front of your mother and your sisters.” Roscoe had many options in his head he looked up his older sisters seeing that they were in pain watching. His mind was racing with thoughts in his head and the gun slipped out of his hand onto the floor, “Yeah that’s what I thought” Said Mr. Rizzo smiling like he just won the Nobel prize” Roscoe punched the wall and went upstairs. Mr. Rizzo picked up the gun and uncocked it looking at his wife, “That’s your son” Mr. Rizzo walked out of the house.” Mrs. Rizzo was emotional and couldn’t see to wrap any of this around her head.

                Not knowing whether to go to sleep, sit down to think roscoe paced back and forth just losing his mind, He wished he had something to calm him down. He heard the door open, “Get out!” Roscoe shouted.” Camille and Sidney came up smiling at Roscoe, “What come up to say something to me too” Said Roscoe.” Camille sighed, “Yes we just wanted to say thank you.” Roscoe hadn’t heard those two words directed to him in a while, “What do you mean?”

                Sidney walked closer to her brother, “WE mean thank you, you may not know it, you helped us get away from bad people” Camille continued, “yeah for me if you never interrupted my show I would of got a contract with the wrong people” Roscoe smiled at their sob stories, “So is that supposed to make me feel better.” Camille shook her head, “no but you’re going thought a rough time right now and Sidney and I think it would be best to make peace with each other” Both girls smiled and hugged there brother. Roscoe was smashed between their breasts and there love. Roscoe ducked down and got out of there love hug, “Whoa never do that again.” Camille and Sidney made peace with their brother, but will the other girls have the same affect that they did on Roscoe.



© 2013 Steven Ingels


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

520 Views
Added on July 8, 2013
Last Updated on July 8, 2013

Black and White - Bad to the bone


Author

Steven Ingels
Steven Ingels

Little Rock, AR



About
Let's see my name Is Steven Ingels. Writing is a time for me to let my creativity wander I'm 21 years old white male more..

Writing