Chapter 39: Broken promises

Chapter 39: Broken promises

A Chapter by Steven Ingels

Red Star Locker room

Friday 9:25 A.M.

Two weeks later after the talent show Coach Driksberg called the guys into the locker room for a quick meeting, “alright guys so the Christmas vacation is coming up I want to know if any of you are coming back to the team second semester. All the guys raised there hands, “why wouldn’t we” Cash said.” Well because” Dirksberg folded his arm, “Last time about half of you guys came back.” Rodriquez stood up, “Not this time coach the seniors will be going all the way on this one and we thank the freshman for it.” Cash and Roscoe gave a nod. Dirksberg nodded his head glad that he had a good team, “good to hear now rest up, practice, and don’t drink to much egg nog” the team got in a circle and chanted the teams name.

Walking out of the locker room Roscoe turned to Cash, “Hey man you going to RSU tonight.” Cash smirked, “A college party why would I be going there.” Cause I got invited by Savannah.” Cash thought for a moment, “I don’t know man college parties are pretty stressful.” Roscoe smirked not understanding why Cash was backing out, “Dude come on this is a college party, we have to go.” Cash sighed, “who invited you to the party.” Savannah” Roscoe said, “Dude” Cash put his arm on Roscoe’s shoulder, “as your best friend she still wants the D.

            Roscoe smiled, ‘Well obviously dude nothing is going to go on,. I have you, john, Bryce, and Nestor until he passes out. So in or are you out.” Cash thought for a moment, “I guess I am” Roscoe smiled, “Sweet you won’t regret it” Roscoe patted Cash on the back and walked off down the hall. Cash wasn’t worried about the party he was worried what Roscoe was going to get into at the party.

            Later on in the evening Roscoe came up to Bridgette who was at her locker putting away her books, “Hey babe.” Hi” Bridgette said quickly without looking at him. What’s Wrong” Roscoe asked, “nothing” still not looking at him.” Roscoe sighed knowing why she was so short on words, “Is it because I’m going to RSU tonight.” Bridgette looked over at Roscoe, “Yes I don’t want you to go.” Roscoe folded his arms, “Why is that.” Bridgette sighed, “Because you’re probably going to do something with another girl, so we might as well break up now” roscoe drowned his eyebrows, “no were not breaking up and I’m not going to do anything with another girl. I love you and you’re the only one that I want to be with.” Bridgette sighed, “you promise.” Roscoe smiled setting his hands on her shoulders, “I mega promise, cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye” he kissed her on the lips when he felt a presence by them. He looked over seeing Savannah.

Hey Savannah.” Savannah smiled from ear to ear, “hi I just wanted to see if you and the guys are coming.” Roscoe gave a nod, “Yeah we are is there a specific time we should be there.” Nope” Savannah shook her head reaching into her purse and pulled out a piece of paper, “Here is my number if you get lost, well go to go, bye Bridgette” Savannah walked in between them down the hall. Roscoe looked at Bridgette and she just smiled like nothing was wrong.

            Coming down stairs ready for the party Roscoe was surprised to see his dad in his police uniform, “Hey son off to a party.”  “Yeah” Drowning his eyebrows, “you going to work?” Leonide smiled, “Yeah kind of weird seeing me in this huh” Roscoe nodded his head, “Yeah guess you got over whatever you were going through.” Leonide took a deep breath, “Yeah I did, well I better get going I’ll see you when I see you” Leonide walked out the door. Roscoe thought it was cool that his dad was going back to work, but he had a lot of catching up to do.

RSU Senior dorms

            Getting out of the car Nestor stretched out his arms, “Well see yall later” Nestor, Bryce and john quickly went inside paying five bucks at the door. Roscoe rubbed his hands as Cash walked up, “so you ready to do this thing.” “Yeah” Roscoe sighed, “So ever been to a college party.” Cash smiled, “Yeah of course there pretty awesome, all the beer you could drink, all the eatables you ca neat, and all the girls you can have sex with, but in your case two out of three. Roscoe smirked, “right well let’s start our drinking binge to the party” Roscoe threw his arm up walking into the party with Cash right behind.

Campbell Street

            Brianna, Ryder, and Peyton were in Bridgett’s room skipping the party. Bridgette was looking at her phone debating weather she should call her boyfriend or not. Ryder came over sitting next to he, “Bridgette ever since we got here you’ve been looking at your phone, come and skype with us with cute boys.” Bridgette sighed, “I don’t know what if he calls.” He will” Ryder said, “but not right now. Roscoe is at a party with the guys he will call when he calls. Bridgette gave a half smile, “your right” Ryder grabbed Bridgett’s hand and went over to the computer and spent some quality time with her friends.

RSU

            Three hours after arriving at the party Roscoe was hammered. Of course Nestor was passed out, john, Cash, and Bryce were flirting with girls and Roscoe was on his way to the bathroom. Opening up the bathroom door he walked in realizing it wasn’t the bathroom. He closed the door about to go towards the bathroom when Savannah and another girl came up, “Hey Roscoe I’ve been looking for you all night.” Roscoe smiled, “Really well I’m here, well haven’t been up here all night downstairs. I’m just looking for the bathroom.” I see” Savannah gave a nod, “Uh Roscoe this is my friend Wendi.” Hi” Wendy blushed, “I’ve always wanted to meet you.”

            Hm” Roscoe nodded his head, “Well I better go” Roscoe walked when Savannah pushed him against the wall, “Savannah I can’t” Savannah gave a n evil grin, “we can just be quiet” Savannah and Wendi grabbed his arms pushing him in a room and onto the bed. Roscoe sat up seeing them get complety naked, “I have a girlfriend.” Savannah sighed rolling her eyes, “fine then leave” Roscoe gave a nod, “Thank you” Roscoe quickly got up about to take a step when he felt light headed and fell back onto the bed and couldn’t move from there. The girls looked at each other and giggled as they pounced on Roscoe like a piece of meat and from there it was all over with.

            The next morning Cash and the guys were ready to go. Cash went up stairs to see where Roscoe was. He opened up the first door and looked at the bed and saw Roscoe then he looked over seeing savannah and another girl, “f**k” Cash ran into the room slapping Roscoe in the face, “Mom give me five more minutes.” You don’t have five more minutes sweetie.” Roscoe quickly opened his eyes seeing cash, “Holy s**t” “Yeah” Cash scratched his head, “Now lets get out of her before they wake up and start to explain what happened.” Right” Roscoe quickly got out of bed getting his clothes back on.

            Coming outside Roscoe shook his head trying to remember what happened last night. Cash turned to Roscoe, “Bro you got to remember what happened last night.” Roscoe sighed, “Alright I was having a few drinks with you guys, then it turned into shots and then I had to go the bathroom then….” Throwing is head back, “Remembering the girls throwing themselves at him, “F**k I f*****g messed up. What I’m I supposed to tell Bridgette.” Nothing” Bryce said, “What” Roscoe turned to Bryce, “Tell her nothing and you’ll be regret free.” Roscoe shook his head, “no Bryce maybe that works for you, but not me I promised Bridgette that I wouldn’t do anything.” So you’re going to be a p***y about it and tell her,” Bryce said. Roscoe grunted punching Bryce in the face, “Call me a p***y again” Bryce smirked, “p***y” Ahh” Roscoe lunged at Bryce but Cash stopped him, “f**k guy let’s just get the f**k home and we’ll settle this feud later.

            Getting back home Roscoe was looking up at the sky not saying anything. Cash turned off the car turning to Roscoe, “look I know you don’t want to hear this now, but you got to fix this mistake.” Roscoe smirked looking over at Cash, “Yeah I know, what I’m a supposed to say I was drunk and the girls rapped me.” Cash shrugged, “Well if you want you can, but I wouldn’t go with that approach.” Roscoe smirked, “I’m glad that you think this is amusing.” Cash sighed, “I don’t I’ve had done the same thing in the past.” Roscoe licked his lips, “And what happened.” “Well” Cash thought for a moment, “either they slapped me in the face, or they will for forgive you.” Which one do you think Bridgette will do.’ Cash sighed, “to be honest a slap in the face.” Roscoe shook his head, “Fantastic, well if anybody asks where I am just say I got sick” Roscoe got out of the car, “Hey Roscoe I’m behind you every step of the way.” Roscoe kept on walking going inside the house. Cash felt bad for Roscoe and wished he could help.



© 2013 Steven Ingels


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1081 Views
Added on September 5, 2013
Last Updated on September 5, 2013

Black and White - Bad to the bone


Author

Steven Ingels
Steven Ingels

Little Rock, AR



About
Let's see my name Is Steven Ingels. Writing is a time for me to let my creativity wander I'm 21 years old white male more..

Writing