Chaoter 32: Breaking the silence

Chaoter 32: Breaking the silence

A Chapter by Steven Ingels

                Cash, Nestor, Bryce, John and Roscoe were all in a room taking shots one by one to see who can last the longest., “Man that burns good” Cash said as he grabbed the whiskey bottle and pored another glass, “Hey did you see Nancy Pots in that lime green cut off shirt and those tight skinny jeans today. Man she was looking good” The guys agreed, “I heard that she broke up with her boyfriend the other day” Bryce Explained, “F*****g finally I’ve wanting to get with her since the fifth grade” John said as he took another shot.” Cash shook his head, “Man what makes you think she’ll get with you?” John smirked, “Because we have chemistry and I haven’t had a girlfriend since you stole Maggie from me.” “Oh Yeah” Cash smiled from ear to ear, “She is good in bed by the way” the group laughed except for John he just stuck his middle finger up at Cash.

                Roscoe took his shot and looked over at Bryce who seemed distracted, “Bryce man you alright.” Bryce sighed taking a drink, “Nah man Darcy broke up with me” Roscoe widened his eyebrows remembering the talk he had with Darcy on the bleachers, “what why” Bryce sighed setting his shot glass on the table, “She said she wanted to take a break to see other people” Bryce looked over at Roscoe, “Other people she means you.” Roscoe smirked, “Me no way I couldn’t go out with her.” Bryce shrugged, “Why not she likes you.” Roscoe thought for a moment trying to think of an answer, “A bro cannot go out with another bro’s ex unless the bro gives permission or a bro has to wait a few weeks after the initial breakup or in some cases if she changes her hair the next day.” Bryce sighed standing up, “Well you have my permission, I’m going to pee” Bryce walked to the door when it opened and Bridgette came in, “Life sucks” Bryce said walking past her, “What’s wrong with him” Bridgette asked.” Nestor raised his glass up, “An emotional rollercoaster” He took a drink and then fell on the floor passing out.”

                Bridgette shook her head, “Well he’s out for the night” Roscoe smiled at Roscoe, “Hey can I talk to you.” “Sure” Roscoe took one last shot, “Be right back ladies” Roscoe got up from his seat and walked right behind Bridgette with the music blaring in his ears. He followed her into the kitchen. She stopped for a second and then turned around and planted a kiss on Roscoe’s lips. He was very surprised by this. She moved her head back and smiled, “Well” She hopped she got a good answer from Roscoe or otherwise this was the worst kiss ever, “Dam you got some soft lips.” Bridgette turned her head to the side never hearing that from a guy before, “You like my lips.” Roscoe smirked, “Yeah I do.” Bridgette backed up a little bit, “sorry I shouldn’t of done that” Bridgette turned around when Roscoe gently grabbed her arm pulling her back against his chest, “it’s fine” he moved his head kissing her on the lips making her leg go up.

                Bridgette’s cheeks turned rose red as she fell in a deep sensation. Roscoe pulled his head back, “hope that wasn’t too sudden.” Bridgette blushed, “No, no that was perfect.” Roscoe gave a nod, “So why didn’t you just tell me in person instead of writing notes” Bridgette threw her head back, “I don’t know I guess I was afraid of rejecting me if I went out with you.” Roscoe shook his head, “Bridgette will you go out with me.” Bridgette bit her lip, “Yes” She felt like a little girl wearing her favorite blue dress. The moment was perfect for the both of them, but it was soon ruined by people screaming outside. Roscoe turned looking out the window and could see two people just standing still, “Uh hold on babe” Roscoe quickly walked off going outside.

                Walking up his heart dropped into his stomach seeing Ervin pointing a 9mm pistol at Colin head. Colin stood still like a statue. A roar of conversation come out of the house to see what was happening. Colin’s girl was standing there with her hands on her mouth.  Roscoe threw up his hands, “Ervin what the f**k are you doing. Put the gun down” Roscoe reached for the gun, “NO!” Ervin said with confidence, “This Is what he deserves.” Come on man listen to him” Colin said nervously, “Ervin this isn’t you. If you kill him then you’re going to jail for the rest of your life. Do you want that to happen” Ervin shrugged, “Fine with me at least he’ll be in hell with me” Before Roscoe was in a gang he brung a gun to school in his backpack and wanted to shoot someone, but he stopped to think about it and jail wasn’t going to be the right place for him. Roscoe bumped Colin out of the way grabbed the gun and Ervin’s hand and pointed the barrel at his forehead. The crowd was in shock seeing Roscoe do this. Bridgette watched from the window and thought was she making the right choice.

                Ervin gulped, “Roscoe what are you doing?” Roscoe licked his lips, “If you want to shoot someone then soot me it’s your best chance.” Ervin shook his head, “No I can’t.” Roscoe shrugged, “Come you can do it” Pausing for a moment staring into Ervin’s fearful eyes, “SHOOT ME!” Roscoe shouted, “No” Ervin said as he jerked his hand back and quickly ran off.”

                Roscoe took the barrel of his forehead looking at the gun and chucked it down the hill. Roscoe turned looking at the crowd, “Shows over people” The crowd sighed turned back into the house sad that the scene was over, “Man that was sick” Colin said. Roscoe turned to Colin shaking his head, “Was that sick Colin. You know you could have your brains all over this ground.” Colin smiled, “Well actually you would” Aw” Roscoe grabbed Colin’s shirt, “you think this is a joke. He could have pulled the mother f*****g trigger on you dumbass” Letting go of Colin’s shirt, “Now I wished he did” Colin threw up his arms, “So why did you save me.” Roscoe sighed, “Because no one wants to see someone get there head blown off tonight and if I ever see you come near Ervin again I’ll shoot you myself.” Roscoe turned around walking back inside. He dropped his head couldn’t believing Ervin pulled a gun out on someone. It wasn’t him.

                He looked over where he left Bridgette and she didn’t look so good. He walked over gently grabbing her hands, “Is this what our relationship is going to be like” Bridgette said looking up at Roscoe. Roscoe shook his head already knowing this relationship was going good, “No it’s not” Roscoe said, “Then can you make a promise” Bridgette asked, “Anything for you babe” Roscoe said smiling, “Promise me that if anything happens to you or me we stay close to each other.” Roscoe smiled nodding his head, “That I can promise” Roscoe kissed Bridgette again, “Aw that’s so cute” Betty said walking up interrupting there kiss, “Does this mean your two together.” Yes” Bridgette smiled from ear to ear, “That’s great, by the way out song is on and you’re missing it” Bridgette gasped, “Oh my gosh” Kissing Roscoe on the lips again, “I’ll be right back” Bridgette giggled with Betty and went into the large ballroom and danced her heart out. It was a bumpy start for having his first girlfriend, but he could get used to having her around and only her around.

Xanax Road

                After they ate at Kim’s Castle the whole group decided to go to Ervin’s house to talk with him. The door opened and a woman came out smiling from ear to ear.

                This woman put you in mind of a perfect arrow. She has round brown eyes that are like two bronze coins. Her silky, wavy ebony hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a cascading waterfall. She is short and has a plump build. Her skin is china white. Her wardrobe is attractive.

                “Oh Hello” Ms. Price said happily, ‘Hey Ms. Price how goes it” Cash said.” Mrs. Price nodded her head, “It’s going pretty well thanks for asking Cash. Are you hear to see Ervin” The group nodded their heads, “Well come on in it’s a little chilly out here” Ms. Price moved aside letting the group come in. She closed the door and stood just before the stairs, “Ervin you got some people to see you” Ms. Price looked at the group as they made their selves at home, “He’ll be down in a minute. Would you like some snacks to eat” Before any of them could say they were full Ms. Price just went into the kitchen to make some snacks.

                Ervin came downstairs surprised to see the group, “Oh what are you guys doing here?” Ervin tried not to look at Roscoe. Bobbie leaned forward interlocking her fingers, “We want to know why you have been not hanging out with us.” “Yeah” Peyton smiled, “we used to be close back in the day.” Ervin dropped his head, “Well” picking his head, “Were in high school now and I know you guys don’t want to hang out with a loser.” You’re our loser” Said Bryce, “no homo” Darcy smiled, “We’ve been friends with you since kindergarten even if we wanted to we couldn’t let you go.” Betty got up from the couch walking up to Ervin, “Yeah remember we used to go to the water park and spend the day on the slides and make fun of fat people in their bathing suits.” That was Ervin favorite things to do.” Cash added on, “Yeah and remember that time we went camping and someone forgot the Hershey’s you pulled through with recess cups. That was the best trip ever.” Except for the fact Betty had poison ivy” Betty rolled her eyes. Suddenly the room filled up with stories about Ervin.

                “You see man” Roscoe bumped Ervin shoulder, “you got friends that care about you.  You don’t always have to be by yourself all the time” Ervin nodded his head, “Yeah your right, so you mad at me.” Roscoe sighed, “I am, what made you bring the gun to the party.” Ervin shrugged, “I don’t know I thought I could solve a problem.” Roscoe sighed, “The only way to solve a problem is this” Roscoe held his fists up, “This is your weapon of life not a gun. Can you promise me that?” Ervin sighed, “Yeah I can” “Okay” Ms. Price came back into the room with sandwiches and drinks setting them on the table, ‘Eat up and if you want more just call me down” Ms. Price walked over to Ervin kissing him on the forehead and then quickly went upstairs. It seemed like everything was okay for Ervin.

               



© 2013 Steven Ingels


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

490 Views
Added on July 31, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013

Black and White - Bad to the bone


Author

Steven Ingels
Steven Ingels

Little Rock, AR



About
Let's see my name Is Steven Ingels. Writing is a time for me to let my creativity wander I'm 21 years old white male more..

Writing