Chapter 18: the Townies

Chapter 18: the Townies

A Chapter by Steven Ingels

                Back to school Roscoe stopped in the middle of the hallway thinking if he was going to be here for four years he had to make a name for himself not as Ace Hood, but as Roscoe Rizzo.

                He walked into the office and smiled at Ms. Gilbert. Ms. Gilbert looked over taking her glasses off, “Roscoe good to have you back. How are you feeling/” Roscoe thought for a moment, “Like I’m climbing Mount Everest.” Ms. Gilbert gave a nod, “That’s good to know.” “Yeah” Roscoe nodded with confidence, “is Betty around?” Ms. Gilbert bit her lip, “Yes would you like to talk to her?” Yes” Roscoe smiled, “If you don’t mind.” Ms. Gilbert swiped her hand, “oh it’s no problem. I’ll be right back” Ms. Gilbert walked over to the office opening up the door.

                Quickly walking back Betty came out going over to the counter, “What do you want?” Roscoe smirked, “dang no hello, good morning, how are you.” Betty rolled her eyes, “hello, good morning, how are you.” Roscoe smiled, “Hey morning to you too, and I’m fine, you.” Betty anxiously wanted to leave, “so what is this another one of your tricks to get me into your bed.” “No” Roscoe quickly said, “This is me wanting to get to know who Betty Cruz is.” Betty drowned her eyebrows never hearing this from a guy before, “What, Why?”

                Roscoe thought for a moment, “I’ve made choices that I regret and those choices never lead me to a path of friendship” Friendship echoed through his head never thinking he would say that, “So let me get his straight. Your saying that you want to get to know me and maybe have some kind of friendship” Betty smiled turning to Ms. Gilbert, “Ms. G you think I should do it.” Ms. Gilbert’s eyes widened, “of course Betty standing here in front of you is a handsome guy and if he wants friendship from you than I would do it.” Betty thought for a moment looking at her green nail polish, “Okay what do you want to know.” Roscoe threw up his hands and smiled, “Everything.” Betty smirked, “not everything, come on let’s go” Betty backed away from the counter walking back into the office. Roscoe smiled from ear walking behind the counter and going into the office and seeing who Betty Cruz was.

English Class

                Ten minutes before class started Roscoe came into class and he heard Mr. Lee clear his throat, “Uh Mr. Rizzo can I speak to you for a moment.” Roscoe scratched his head walking over to the desk noticing a glass smoking pipe on his desk, “Yeah what’s up” pointing to the craw fish, “Is that yours.” Mr. Lee gave a nod, “Yes it is. The principal just thinks it’s something I collect, but” gulping” did you read the summer’s shadow.”  Roscoe sighed, “Uh no I couldn’t because I was in some sort of state making my body sleeps all last week. Mr. Lee shook his head, “Uh it was due Friday, I’m going to have to give you a zero.” Roscoe threw his head back, “Oh come on Mr. Lee give me a break. My mom should have called you.” Mr. Lee interlocked his fingers on his desk, “She did, but there is no excuse for not doing your homework” Roscoe couldn’t believe this was happening to him, “A ha I’m just kidding Roscoe, you still have time to do it by Wednesday.” Roscoe shook his head, “That’s not funny.”

                Oh come on” Mr. Lee threw up his arms, “It’s all fun and games. You probably had done it back in Cali with your buds.”  Fun and games wasn’t really fun going out with the strays. All they did were bust into stores and pick on the immigrants. During the night they kicked homeless people around just for a small amount of change, “Uh not really” Said Roscoe.” Mr. Lee smiled, “Well then that must of sucked anyways” leaning back in his chair, “just take you seat and we’ll get started shortly” Mr. Lee looked at his computer playing some kind of card game.

                Roscoe walked back to his seat sitting down leaning back he looked over seeing Bobbi reading a fantasy book that he used to read at home, “To you that surrenders, I must fall to thy knees and beg for the mercy of the king” Quoted Roscoe.” Bobbi smirked looking over at Roscoe, “I was beginning to think that you were an a*****e.” Roscoe looked over putting one hand on the desk and the other on the metal leg, “What do you think of me now?

                “Still an a*****e” Bobbi smiled from ear to ear, “but you seem to know the main quote of the book, how is that?” roscoe shrugged, “Well let’s just say I was a big fan of the king’s treasure series.” Bobbi nodded her head, “I see what happened?” Roscoe sighed, “Got a little side tracked and just haven’t been able to read them.” Hm, “Bobbi thought for a moment, “Well if you would like I could bring you the first book of the jester for you.” Roscoe nodded his head, “What is it about?” Bobbi closed her book turning to Roscoe, “Well you already know Chester the jester already set fire to the king’s palace. In the series Chester goes around and get’s hired in different kingdoms and starts sabotaging the place.” “Sounds interesting” Roscoe said now wanting to get back into reading, “So Bobbi what else do you like to do.” Roscoe knew Bobbi and he were going to get along just right.

                After class Roscoe knew who Bobbi was. They had the same interests, but were different in ways Roscoe couldn’t even imagine. Walking out of the room Ezekiel bumped into Roscoe, “Oh my bad faget” Laughing with his buddies.” Roscoe sighed, “Look bro I don’t want to start any trouble.” Ezekiel smiled wiped off and folded his arms, “well my middle name is trouble.” Roscoe drowned his eyebrows, “Okay why are you telling me that.” Ezekiel grinned, “Because I don’t like your b***h a*s and if you make a move on my girl again I’ll kill you, see you around loser” Ezekiel turned around with his buddies thinking he was the king of the world. Roscoe shook his head walking to his next class.

Math class

                Roscoe walked into class when a binder 3 inch binder was shoved into Roscoe’s chest with Ms. Cummings smiling from ear to ear, “What is this” Roscoe Asked? “It’s the work you missed last week” explained Ms. Cummings. Roscoe shook his head, “Dang Ms. C did you finish the book and then some.” “Yes” Ms. Cummings said. Roscoe took the binder, “dam this will take me forever to do.” Ms. Cummings nodded her head, “yes it will, but you have until Friday to do it” Ms. Cummings snickered walking back to her desk.

                Sat sighed walking over to his seat and set the binder on the desk, “man this blows.” Roscoe sat back in his seat when Peyton came over, “Hey where were you last week.” Roscoe put his hands behind his head, “I was at home sleeping my body needed rest.” Peyton rolled her bottom lip like she was sad, “Aw are you okay?” Roscoe nodded his head, “Yeah I’m fine.” Peyton sighed in relief, “good cause I worry about my friends.” Roscoe drowned his eyebrows thinking he only met this girl once and she is actually calling him her friend, “you consider me a friend.” Peyton nodded her head, “yeah even though I barley know you” Roscoe folded his arms, “Well why don’t we get to know each other.” Peyton gasped, “Oh my gosh that’s such a good idea. I already love this friendship already. Okay what do you want to know?” Excuse me” Ms. Cummings called from across the room, “Peyton and Roscoe can you please stop talking so we can get the class.” Peyton sighed, “After lunch then” Peyton kissed Roscoe on the cheek and walked back to her seat. As Ms. Cummings talked about what the class was going to be doing Roscoe looked at Peyton and tried to sum up her life as well as possible in his head.

                Finally the dreaded math class was over Roscoe walked out of class with his binder and Peyton and Peyton cleared her throat, “Hey you want me to hold on to that for you?” Roscoe shrugged, “um you sure.” Peyton shrugged, “not at all I like to help my friends who are in need” Peyton took the binder underneath Roscoe’s arm, “Well thank you” Roscoe said.” Peyton smiled, “No problem see you later” Peyton smiled at Roscoe walking down the hall catching up to the rest of her friends. Roscoe turned when he saw Emery coming up to him, “Hey man I was looking for you last week.” Roscoe sighed scratching his head, “Yeah I was out what’s up?” Emery took a deep breath, “I spoke to the president of our team and you’re going to be able to try out.” “Sweet” Roscoe smiled from ear to ear haven’t been this excited since he was laid for the first time, “where should I meet you guys.” Emery gulped, “behind the gym after lunch and don’t worry about supplies we already got them, later man” Emery Hit Roscoe on the shoulder and walked off. Roscoe was happy that he was getting a chance to do something without holding a gun in someone’s face.

History Class

                Walking down the aisle Roscoe could see that hate in Raven’s eyes as he walked past her. She had claimed that Roscoe was a racist, but how could he be since he’s half black. Sitting down in his seat he quickly noticed that Ryder had a hockey stick by her seat. Roscoe smiled leaning over to Ryder, “Hey you play hockey?” Ryder looked over. “Yeah all three of us do.” Roscoe thought that was cool then Raven had to join in, “do you have a problem with that.” No” Roscoe smirked, “I think it’s pretty cool that they are into sports.

                Raven rolled her eyes, “you mean they as in girls right or do you just think only guys can play sports” Raven was blowing everything out of proportion, “Um, well you see” Raven quickly interrupted, “So you’re racist and sexist.” Roscoe sighed throwing is head back pointing his index finger at her, “I’m not racist I’m half black and I’m not sexist either. Woman can do whatever they want. Dam you assume a lot of information before getting to know someone.” Raven smiled, “I don’t want some low life like you in my life.” Roscoe smirked, “Huh that’s strange your boyfriend is.”

                Raven gasped, “He’s not a low life he is better looking than you, he has money, a job and a car and what do you have nothing.” Roscoe nodded his head agreeing to everything, “You know what your problem is. You don’t look around you to see what is actually going on. You only care for yourself and no one else around you.” Raven rolled her eyes, “that is so not true.” Actually it is” Ryder said with confidence, “Ryder” Raven said with surprise, “please tell me you’re joking.

                Ryder sighed, “I was I was, but you do only care for yourself. Like the time when we went shopping on my birthday. You said you would buy me like seven outfits, but then you bought yourself those seven outfits and I was left with throw up on my dress.” Raven looked over at Brianna, “girl do you think the same way.” Brianna knew if she told Raven the truth she Raven would stop being friends with her, “no of course not” Roscoe could tell Brianna was lying and it just got worse from there, “Thank you Brie” Raven smiled from ear to ear, “At least I still have both of my parents” instantly tears dropped from Ryder’s eyes. She quickly got out of her seat and ran out the door. Brianna sighed, “You see look what you did” looking at Raven, “Again” Brianna went after Ryder. Raven sat there like nothing happened.”  Roscoe shook his head, “Mr. Rizzo can I see you please” Said Mrs. Sweeny. Roscoe sighed getting up from his seat walking over to the desk.

                “What did you do to her” Asked Mrs. Sweeny, “Nothing” Roscoe put his hands on the desk, “All I told Raven was that her boyfriend is an a*s and she only cares about herself and one thing lead to another and Ryder got offended, so it wasn’t my fault” Standing up folding his arms. Mrs. Sweeny sighed, “look let me tell you something about those three girls” thinking for a moment, “all of their parents have runaway, died or are drug addicts.” “Okay” Roscoe shrugged, “So what do you want me to do?” Mrs. Sweeny scratched the bridge of her nose, “Just don’t say anything negative to them. Can you do that?” Yeah I guess” Roscoe turned around and looked at Raven. She smiled at Roscoe and flipped him off. Roscoe shook his head and looked over see Ervin, “Hey man” Ervin looked up and Roscoe was shocked to see cuts and bruises on his face, “Holy s**t what happened to you?”

                Ervin sighed, “Well I got beat up. I thought you were going to “protect me” Roscoe smirked dropping is head, “Sorry I was at home, who beat you up?” It doesn’t’ matter” Ervin shrugged, “If I tell that would be snitching and if I snitch my face will be cut off.”  Roscoe nodded his head, “right well I’m here this time and nothing is going to hurt you” Roscoe patted Ervin on the back and walked back to his seat to the she devil.

                Third period was over and Roscoe was pretty anxious to go and try out for the graffiti team. As he walked down the hall there were people shouting. Roscoe stopped to look for a quick second and saw Ervin back to the locker and three guys standing in front of them. They were just like the wolf brothers. Roscoe sighed turning around and walking over to Ervin rescue standing in front of the leader. Roscoe tapped the guy on the shoulder. The guy turned around and looked Roscoe up and down, “Who the f**k are you?” Roscoe smiled, “His brother who the f**k is you?” the guy smirked, “Chance Claymont you’re really his brother.”

                This guy reminds you of a regal dragon. He has blond hair in a style of porcupine quills. He has round turquoise eyes. He is tall and has a thin build. His skin is white. He has bushy eyebrows and large ears. His wardrobe is simple with a white and green color scheme.

Roscoe licked his lips, “Yeah I am and I would like for you and your minions to back off him.” Chance smiled from ear to ear, “what are you going to do if we don’t.

                Roscoe smiled, “It’s simple I’m going to break both of your legs and arms, then your little shady friend here feed him to the sharks and for your other friend he can just getting tapped to a tree covered in hunny while the bears eat him alive.” Chance believed it for a second, but it just didn’t seem to true, “Whoa a f*****g story teller. Was that supposed to scare us because that didn’t at all” Chance cleared his throat; “you know what you just got on my list, so you better watch your back my friend” Chance put is hand directly in Ervin’s face and then walked off. Roscoe smirked, “That who your bully is.” Ervin shrugged, “Unfortunately yes have you ever done what you said before.” Roscoe shook his head, “No it’s just to scare people, but it seemed like he’s not afraid.” Ervin shook his head, “He’s not he’s fearless.” Roscoe thought for a moment thinking there has to be something dude was afraid of it just had to take some time.

                Walking to the back of the gym there were several people sitting on the grass watching one person spray painting a wall. They were all wearing black hoods with the hoods on their head. “Hey man she’s good isn’t she” Emery walked up taking his hood off. Roscoe looked back at the person who was spray painting and now could see her girlish figure, “Yeah she is” Emery gave a nod, “Yup Mia Mullins she founded the black hoods three years ago and she gets her ideas from the sky. Hey Mia your green is here (Green is a word that the black hoods use for a newbie)

                This imaginative girl has multicolored hair. She has slited brown eyes like bark on a tree. Her skin is white. She has multiple tattoos and piercings. She is short and has an hour glass build. She has a small mouth. Her wardrobe is tight with a black color scheme.

                She put down the spray cans and walked over to Emery and Roscoe taking her hood off, “Hey Mia now long have you been doing this?” Mia folded her arms, “five years, you” Roscoe gulped, “A year in a half.” Mia requires at least three years” explained Emery. Thank you E” Mia polity said, “but I think I could fit you in. what style are you?” Piece (A piece is shortened for masterpiece)” Roscoe said. Yeah I’m familiar with that” Mia smiled, “were you in a graffiti team before? Roscoe shook his head, “No I was in a gang and it was boring so I just started looking up pictures of graffiti work and found my style.

                Mia dropped her head, “I’m sorry I don’t allow gang members on my team” Roscoe sighed, “Well I’m not with them anymore. That’s all in the past.” Mia sighed, “you sure because I don’t want anybody on my team in any gang activity.” Roscoe gave a nod, “yes I understand, so you still going to give me a shot.” Mia thought for a moment looking over at Emery giving a nod to her, “Alright I will let’s see what you got” Mia and Emery backed up and watched Roscoe work. Roscoe sprayed painted the word RYZE with black and red paint and at the bottom of it he put the initials AH (Ace Hood).

                With his Green card in his pocket Roscoe was stoked about joining the black hoods, but he had to work his way to the top. Roscoe walked down the hall with a big smile on his face (People were thinking he was on drugs) when Bridgette came up, “Hey you do you remember me?” Roscoe nodded his head, “Of course how could I not your gorgeous.” Bridgette blushed, “Aw thanks” pausing for a moment sniffing Roscoe’s shirt, “why do you smell like paint.” “Oh” Roscoe rubbed his hands, “I was trying out for the black hoods the graffiti team.” Bridgette gasped, “Oh my gosh that is so awesome did you make it?” Fortunate yes” Roscoe said trying to hold back his smile but couldn’t.” Bridgette put her hand on Roscoe’s chest, “That’s good I wish I could join the team, but all I paint is a line, I’m better with a pen and pencil.  Roscoe smirked, “Really what do you draw.” Bridgette reached into her pocket and pulled out a piece of paper, “Here.”

                Roscoe unfolded the paper and revealed a red rose in the middle and vines going out in different directions, “Wow this is great.” Thanks” Bridgette blushed, “Someday I’m going to get it as a tattoo on my back. Well I would love to talk to you some more, but I have to get to class before the good seats are taken, laters” Bridgette brushed by Roscoe’s shoulder realizing that he still had her drawing. Before he could say anything about it she was gone.

Health Class

                Coming into class Roscoe started walking towards his seat when he stopped looking over at the girl who gives it out. She already had her eyes locked on Roscoe. He was supposed to meet her in the gym last Monday, but he was distracted, but this time he wasn’t. Turning back around he walked around the square and stopped right by Savannah bending his knees and put his arm on the back of her chair, “Hey did you miss me?” Savannah rolled her eyes, “I would of. But you weren’t here. Roscoe smirked nodded his head, “Well I’m here now unless you got someone new.” Savannah smiled from ear to ear, “I have someone new every day. I can’t just wait for one dick to satisfy me.” Roscoe gave a half smile, “Well this guy is here, maybe we can work something out” rising his eyebrows up and down, “I’ll let you know” turning around in her seat. Roscoe stood up walking to his seat.

                Nestor bumped Roscoe, “Bro what’s up man, did that Kush put in in space” Roscoe sighed realizing he still had it, “Dam I still have it.” John shook his head, “What are you saving it for the zombie apocalypse. Roscoe shrugged, “nah man, but smoking weed would be awesome During ZA.” Hell Yeah” both Nestor and John said. “Mr. Rizzo” Mr. Holt said walking over with a grin, “did you have fun jacking off the week you weren’t here.” Roscoe smirked, “I don’t jack off.” Mr. Holt threw up his arms, “Well why not.” Roscoe shrugged thinking this was a weird conversation with his teacher, “because what’s the point when you have all” pausing for a moment looking around the room and could tell that not all girls give it up just like that, “some girls do it for you.

                “True” Mr. Hold nodded his head, “but what if those some girls aren’t there to help you out. What do you do then?” “Turning to the class and continuing the conversation with them, “Making yourself feel good is just part of your life now… Mr. Holt” Savannah raised her hand, “Yes Ms. Holder.” Savannah stood up from her seat, “can I go to the bathroom?” Mr. Holt scratched his nose, “Oh are you feeling sick.” Ms. Holder sighed, “No I just got to take care of something” glancing over at Roscoe.” “Oh” Mr. Holt said, “then carry on then and be back in ten minutes.” Savannah walked to the door winking at Roscoe as she walked out of the room.

                “Go time” Roscoe said to himself, ‘Mr. holt.” Mr. Holt turned around to Roscoe, “Yes Mr. Rizzo do you need to go to the bathroom too.” “Yeah if it’s cool” said Roscoe. Go ahead” Mr. holt sadly said, “Just be back in ten don’t want to have to write you up. Roscoe got up patting john on the back and walked out of the room, “Dam he’s going in” john said pounding fists with Nestor.

                Roscoe walked down the hall wondering where Savannah was. He threw up his hands walking back to class when the janitors closet opened and Roscoe was pulled in. in front of front of him was a nude Savannah, “Well aren’t you going to do something” Savannah violently said, “Yeah I am” looking at her body up and down, “I’m just admiring your beauty.” Aw that’s so sweet” her smile wiped off her face, “Now f**k me!” Savannah pounced on Roscoe. Roscoe caught her as his erection went directly inside of her. She gasped as she slowly moved up and down. Suddenly Roscoe eyes widened seeing blood drip down Savannah’s forehead, but Savannah wasn’t there is was Janelle, “What the f**k” Roscoe freaked the f**k out pushing Savannah away from him, “What the f**k” Savannah yelled, “Why did you do that” Roscoe shook his head catching his breath, “Sorry just had a bad flash back.” Savannah rolled her bottom lip, “Oh I’m sorry are you okay now.” Roscoe nodded his head, “Yeah fine” Good” Once again Savannah pounced on Roscoe and this time it was on the floor.

PE Class

                Roscoe sat on the bleachers after running the track. He was thinking about what happened just thirty minutes ago. He wondered why he saw Janelle face in Savannah s face. That moment felt like he was there again fighting with Tank and Seeing Janelle’s body lifeless on the bed with the quarter sized bullet hole in her head. None of it made sense. Suddenly he was distracted when he heard Bryce and Darcy fighting. As soon as it started it ended with Bryce leaving. Darcy threw her head back walking up to the top bleachers and sitting down. Roscoe sighed getting up to see if she was okay.

                Walking down the aisle the she was in he sat down beside her putting his back against the fence, “Why are guys such dicks” turning her head to Roscoe who was surprised at that outburst, “I mean why can’t they just do what we say” Darcy continued on her speech and Roscoe was overwhelmed by this little girls continuous talking, “Darcy” Darcy stopped looking at Roscoe, “dam like you’re like the energizer bunny on steroids.” Darcy sighed, “Sorry when I’m mad I attend to talk a lot.” Roscoe gave a nod, “good to know, so does this happen a lot, you and Bryce fighting.” Darcy scratched her ear, “Unfortunate yes. I love him to death, but every time I ask him to have dinner with my parents he makes up an bullshit accuse not to come” clearing her throat, “Liker last week he said he had to take his mother to the foot doctor. She has bunions by the way” Roscoe shook his head wishing he didn’t hear that, “Sorry to tell you that. So I thought she would be out for months, but the next day I saw her at f*****g Wal-Mart shopping for clothes. That really pissed me off.” Roscoe shrugged, “So why don’t you break up with him?”

                Darcy shrugged, “because if I do I would be walking around here like a love lass Zombie.” Darcy” Bryce said softly, “can we talk?” I don’t know can we” Darcy didn’t look at him and Roscoe sat there wondering what was about to happen, “I’m sorry I don’t know what I was thinking. I’ll come to the dinner with you and your parents.” Darcy looked up at Bryce, “you will.” Bryce gave a nod, “Yes please forgive me babe” Darcy thought for a moment getting up and walked on the bleacher walking up to Bryce, “You are forgiven” Both of them smiled kissing each other on the lips, “Well this is awkward.” Darcy turned around as Bryce held her sides, “Sorry about that” Bryce gave a nod to Roscoe, “Hey man I heard you’re the man around campus.” Roscoe drowned his eyebrows, “What do you mean.” Bryce smirked, “Dude you and Holder in the janitor’s closet.” Roscoe smiled, “how did you find out about that?” Darcy smiled, “Word gets out fast around here and uh just fair warning you’re in there world now.” Ah Ha “ Bryce laughed, “good luck buddy” Bryce turned around letting Darcy hop on his back as he walked down the bleachers. Roscoe wondered what he meant by he was in there world.

Band Class

                Roscoe walked the halls going to his next class. It was different walking down the halls the guys were saying great work, good job, get some and well some of the girls were eyeballing him only wanting one thing.  Arriving at the door of band Mr. Moon came out shaking his head at Roscoe, “Mr. Rizzo” Mr. Moon snarled, “Have you criticized anyone else lately.” Roscoe dropped his head, “No I haven’t I was just wondering why you would say that to a talented girl.”

                Mr. Moon smiled, “Because that talented girl is going to be a star one day and if she doesn’t sing the right note it’s all over for her. Do you understand where I’m coming from?” Yeah I smell what you’re stepping in” Roscoe said smiling. Hm” Mr. Moon thought for a moment, “Mr. Rizzo what kind of instrument do you play?” “Well I fooled around on the drums for a year in a half.” Mr. Moon nodded his head, “Well I’m assigning you to the drums. We don’t use it much, but I think you’ll do well when we practice.” Roscoe smiled from ear to ear, “wait you just want me to sit there and do nothing the whole period” Roscoe liked that idea, “This is my favorite class ever.” Mr. Moon set his hand on Roscoe’s shoulder, “you have to do me a favor though” Roscoe shrugged hearing what he had to do for Mr. Moon.

                School was getting good for Roscoe. He did his work that he was assigned. He got help on his math work, he was standing up to the bullies to protect his friend and well of course the girls who put out was all over Roscoe. He felt good about himself that he was able to be free in the world that he was born in.



© 2013 Steven Ingels


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

534 Views
Added on July 21, 2013
Last Updated on July 21, 2013

Black and White - Bad to the bone


Author

Steven Ingels
Steven Ingels

Little Rock, AR



About
Let's see my name Is Steven Ingels. Writing is a time for me to let my creativity wander I'm 21 years old white male more..

Writing