Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter 1

“Are you okay, Lily?” my twin, Kalila, asked me as she did every morning. I had passed out yet again, but that was normal now.

“Fine… why wouldn’t I be?” I asked.

“You passed out yet again like every night since Cole said he didn’t love you and…” I had not actually meant for her to answer it had been purely rhetorical. She was not supposed to mention the thing that had me up crying every night… that she was supposed to leave alone.

“I can’t believe you just said that.” I whispered but then I felt the anger flair as we heard Cole in the hallway, “If you ever mention the fact that Cole and I were ever in love I will kill you!” I whisper yelled yanking on my jeans.

“Hey you two, are you ready to go?” Cole asked through the door.

“Of course.” I said happier as I saw his face I was always happier when I was around him before school. He walked close to me but did not even try to enter my mind used to the wall that I kept up now. We had always been able to share thoughts. He could read everybody’s thoughts whether they wanted him to or not except mine. He could only read mine if I let him; if I sent him the thoughts. That was only one of his many powers though.

“Hey!” My best friend, Veronica, smiled at me when we pulled up but when Cole got out she walked right into his arms and I turned my head. I could not watch them kiss. It still hurt too much even if I should like their relationship. I mean they loved each other and were together always so after six months and with her knowing all of our secrets I should just get over my broken heart and get on bored. Cole had been dating around for two years before that, too. It did not work like that, though, Cole and I had been together for a hundred years with the few years between where he was dead and being born again to a family close to us and then growing up. We had been imprinted to each other each life until this one he’d decided we wouldn’t kiss so we wouldn’t imprint I wouldn’t ever tell anybody that my imprint never faded between his lives that he’d destined me to the loneliest existence anyone could have. You see Cole and I were different vampires I never died after I changed from human to vampire and Cole would until God decided he had learned enough to stay on Earth.

“I love you.” I came back from my thoughts in time to hear Cole tell Veronica.

“Wait.” I interrupted smiling just a little that I had sensed it when I did.

“Where?” Cole asked sensing my tone a hundred years made it where he did not have to read my mind to know what I was thinking all the time.

“Office,” I pointed and then snarled under my breath so our other siblings would join us. There was another vampire in the school and I had no idea whether they were like us or not we’d have to get close enough for Cole to be able to figure out which thoughts were theirs and which thoughts were our schoolmates.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

MG (Mary Greenwell),I love the beginning.It may be quite interesting for the readers to have some idea from the first chapter.
You might restructure some sentences which are too long.You can break them into two.I can mention one sentence below:
"I could not watch them kiss it still hurt too much even if I should like their relationship."
It may be restructured as:
"I could not watch them kiss.It still hurt too much even if I should like their
relationship."
Your flashback was quite enjoyable.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

MG (Mary Greenwell),I love the beginning.It may be quite interesting for the readers to have some idea from the first chapter.
You might restructure some sentences which are too long.You can break them into two.I can mention one sentence below:
"I could not watch them kiss it still hurt too much even if I should like their relationship."
It may be restructured as:
"I could not watch them kiss.It still hurt too much even if I should like their
relationship."
Your flashback was quite enjoyable.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Goodness; there's a lot of chapters here; I must apologize, Mary; reading a long time is difficult for me, due to a car accident I suffered through, but this chapter was excellent; I love the characters you wrote, and once again, please accept my apologies I can't read the whole thing!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mary Greenwell

11 Years Ago

Thanks for reading it. It means a lot that you read even just one chapter.
Michael Stevens

11 Years Ago

Sure, and once again, please accept my apologies!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on February 12, 2013
Last Updated on February 14, 2013
Tags: vampire, Lilybelle, Carlyle, love, past

The Past Comes Back


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell