Chapter Twenty-seven

Chapter Twenty-seven

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter 27

When do we start school?” I asked.

Tomorrow and Leo is coming up here to get us because we apparently left in the middle of the family meeting.” He sighed.

Didn’t they realize that we didn’t leave to make out?” I whispered.

Yes they did.” He nodded, “They think that schedules are even more important now though especially mine and yours. They moved Kalila across the room from you figuring it’s about time for you two to start yelling in your time line of big fights and they want to get through the family meeting.”

Maybe that’s it!” I exclaimed smiling.

What?” he asked confused.

Maybe I should just try to bring the big fight on sooner and she’ll forgive me and I’ll get my twin!”

What about schedules?”

Hardly important I’m having the biggest fight in my life with my twin right now.”

I don’t know you two haven’t tried to kill each other like you did that one time.”

That was when I thought she was stealing you this one is for real though. It won’t be solved by a trip to the past this would probably be made worse by that.” I sighed.

You could try.” He said but I smiled.

I could take a trip to the past to save Mom.”

No they don’t work like that you are blocked from saving the lives of people.” He sighed sadly and so, I just put a harder shell up to protect from hope and walked out of the room. When I got downstairs I looked over at Kalila and my face hardened everybody backed up seeing what was going to happen but not seeing that I wasn’t really ticked I was hopeless.

It wasn’t any of your business!!!!!!!!” I screamed at her, “I probably still wouldn’t have told you if he didn’t want to meet you!!!!!!!!!!!!” I continued to scream and when she wouldn’t bite I knew I’d have to say the one thing that she’d have to bite to, “You’re just upset he chose me!!!!!! You couldn’t even be a mistress!!!!!!!!!!!” I screamed and everybody saw it work.

Upset he chose you!!!!!!!!!!” She screamed and I saw Cole’s eyes change to worry as he realized just how much worse this fight was than the one when I thought she was trying to steal him. “He molested you!!!!!!!!! He abused you!!!!!!!!! I’m more than upset!!!!!!!!!” Suddenly there was water all around me.

Everybody get ready!” Piper yelled realizing for the first time we were going to use our powers thankfully twin witches couldn’t use powers on each other just like soul mates couldn’t but we could try the living room would be ruined. Everything around her suddenly busted into flame as I suddenly wasn’t hopeless I was ticked that she would tell everybody about my past.

You killed Mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” She yelled at me and the flames grew she was going too far. This fight had more to it than just Jonathan. “You took her from me!!!!!!!! Then you took…” She was still screaming when everything was gone and a waterfall was suddenly in the way of my fire filled eyes. I felt Cole’s arms now though and without Kalila in front of me I could feel the pain her words had brought and instead of the fire tears came flooding me. Cole turned me into his chest letting my tears fall into his shirt and apologizing over and over again for letting me try and end the fight sooner than it was ready to end.

When it was getting dark Leo orbed in. I had no idea how he had that power all he and Piper would tell us was that it was one of the old ways that they had tried to rule the supernatural that hadn’t worked but that everybody in charge had gotten to keep their powers he could heal physical wounds too. “We wanted to make sure Cole’s schedule was okay and see if you two would come home.” Leo said with Piper beside him.

Are you okay?” Piper whispered worriedly.

Fine,” I managed trying to hide in Cole’s chest.

Is this schedule okay?” Leo asked Cole showing it to him.

Yes.” He nodded.

We tried to get you in the same one as Lily but they said you’d taken it before. I’d forgotten you’d come to my school before.”

I’d forgotten when this school had been the only academy of magic and They had ran it that They put you in charge when They left?” That’s what everybody called the old government, They, so mysterious.

Right after They lost power.”

Nice…”

So we put you in the next level of the classes you were in and the first level of the classes Lily’s in that you haven’t taken so you know what she’s gotten herself into.”

Thank you.” Cole nodded and picked us up.

Where are we going?” I moaned.

Home,” He whispered softly kissing my head and his worry was clear in his voice. I felt the blink and then we were in his room the farthest away from Kalila’s in the house. “Just lay here and relax.” He whispered reassuringly rubbing my back and it was impossible to not feel better whenever he wanted me too. “See feel better?” he asked after a few hours.

Yes.” I sighed and he kissed my neck.

Good.” He smiled holding me. He just held me silently running his fingers on my arm and letting me know he was there for me the rest of the night. “We have to get ready for school.” He whispered the next morning. I reached up to kiss him good morning instead of answering. He was gone, though; when he was back he had my dresser. Then he was gone to bring back my shoe organizer. Gone again to bring back the clothes in my closet. Until, finally, everything I could need to get ready was in his room and every last thing of mine in the bathroom I shared with Kalila was in his bathroom that I guess he now shared with me again.

I love you.” I promised when he finally came back to me and I got my kiss.

I love you too.” He smiled.

I got that with the move in.” I laughed gesturing but I was impressed with how easily everything still fit into its spot.

I never move my things then I don’t have to move them out of the way when you move in between the wedding and Piper finally letting us move out.” He whispered in my ear.

I’ve got to get ready.” I whispered breathlessly when he pulled away from my lips. He gestured to the bathroom with a smile and I walked into it grabbing some clothes having to remind myself that even though I had memories upon memories of us being married we weren’t married yet in this life of his. He laughed seeing how hard it was for me to remember it but I knew it was hard for him to remember too. It had been too easy for him to move all of my things into his space and us not to be married and him not have a hard time not thinking of us as just staying married throughout the whole time.

Of course I do.” His thought came, “Neither of us actually dies.”

Yeah that makes it even harder to think of us as not married now.” I sent back laughing.

Well if Piper and Leo would get on board I would be speaking to you not thinking.” His thought came gently and I shivered even though the water was hot and I knew he wouldn’t peak at me he wasn’t like that, me, on the other hand let’s just say he didn’t allow talking when he was in the shower. His laugh came through. “You’re not too bad.”

I know but you make it seem like I am.”

No I don’t.”

Then why won’t you even let me be in the room when you take a shower.”

It’s awkward.”

You’re in the room and we’re talking while I’m in it.”

Different.”

How?”

I’m a gentleman.”

You’re a demon.”

Only half.”

I’m not half demon.”

But you do act more like a teenager than me more ruled by your hormones even now.”

That’s because I’m still younger. I never got to be the teenager when I was alive. Until I met you I was stuck being Ms. Responsibility.”

Which is why I never give you too hard of a time about it.” He promised opening the bathroom door as I started to dry my hair. He wrapped his arms around me though and turned me to face him. “You want to act less responsible?”

Yes.” I nodded eagerly and he lifted me on the counter kissing me eagerly. I felt his hand start to go for my shirt and I pulled away. “Not married yet this life.” I said breathlessly and we could both see how hard it was for me to remind him of it. He nodded though and sat me back on the floor.

How do you want your hair today?” he asked.

I was thinking perfectly straight like every day the way my hair likes to be.” I smiled and he smiled as he turned me to the mirror my hair was exactly the way it always was. “How’d you do that?”

You did… new power. I asked Liz to let me show it to you.”

How do I work it?”

Just think of a hair style and your hair does it like all your other powers.” He shrugged. I thought of another and suddenly my hair had gentle curls in it.

It works!” I smiled happily and he smiled at me.

You might want to finish getting ready Piper’s about to come in here and we’re going to get in trouble for moving you in.” he laughed. I shook my head but walked into the room and looked through the closet at all my clothes he’d hung up for me. I grabbed my uniform a skirt that I would wear as short as they’d let me and a polo shirt that I’d wear with a cami under even though I wasn’t supposed to. It was amazing what you could get away with when you were the most powerful vampire in the world. I quickly put them on ignoring the fact that we weren’t married Piper was on her way up here nothing was going to happen and he was changing across the room anyway.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on February 12, 2013
Last Updated on February 12, 2013
Tags: vampire, Lilybelle, Carlyle, love, past

The Past Comes Back


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell