Chapter Fifty-One

Chapter Fifty-One

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter 51

I heard Cole left you.” He whispered and his voice was soft like it only was on days when he was going to be nice and sweet. When he was going to be the man I had loved.

He left and then I broke up with him.” I nodded a tear falling but Jonathon’s arms just wrapped around me.

Why?” he asked.

He didn’t care about me anymore. He didn’t care about our relationship enough to even let me know what country he was in. The last straw was when I heard the s**t in his hotel room.”

You always did have a jealous streak.” Jonathon laughed hugging me tighter but I tensed. “I’m not a warlock like you think. My powers have just grown.” He promised, “We both know you sense the bad in people, Lily, and no matter how much you want to you know I’m not bad. I might have a bad temper but I’m not bad.”

I know that.” I promised, “It’s the reason I love you.”

You love me still?” he asked smiling.

I meant loved.” I tried to fix but now that I’d said it and he’d let his nice side come out around me again I realized why I tolerated his bad side even still. I still loved him and I probably always would.

I love you, Lily-bear.” He whispered in my ear not calling my lie even though he could have easily. I leaned farther into him enjoying the feel of his arms but one left and lifted my face to his.

Jonathon…” I shook my head.

You’re not ready to move on.” He nodded pulling away.

It’s not that.” I whispered even though I wasn’t sure if I was. I knew if I could ever move on from Cole though even though it’d always have to be a secret it’d be with him. “It’s just I’m not allowed to do anything for another four months.” I didn’t want to explain the reason.

I wasn’t going to go anywhere close to that far. I’m trying to work on my temper Lily-bear. Why can’t you though?”

During the times when you lost your temper…” I whispered into his chest, “Well you had lost your temper when you changed me too and apparently you didn’t want everything to heal so it didn’t. They had to go in and fix a bunch of stuff.”

I’m so sorry, Lily-bear.” He whispered and I pulled his face over to mine.

It’s okay. It was a long time ago and it’s the past.” I whispered and kissed his cheek softly. He turned his lips to mine though and kissed me just once extremely soft and hesitant not wanting to hurt me.

Do you want me to leave?” he asked.

No stay with me, please.” I begged and he nodded moving us to where we were laying on the bed instead of sitting. I looked at him confused but saw the worry in his eyes and knew he didn’t want me overdoing it and he was worried the day at school had done it. When he was in one of his good moods he was more overprotective than Cole had ever been.

You need to rest.” He told me and I laid up against him putting my head in his chest like I had Cole’s so many times in this same bed. The next few months were calm as I saw Jonathon more and more behind everybody’s backs. We still weren’t officially together but it was close enough to make me feel even worse when he was gone. I still cried constantly when I was alone. I missed Cole more and more each day but Jonathon reminded me of a time when I didn’t know Cole and that was what I wanted to go back to so I tried to convince myself that the love I felt for him was enough to cover up the broken heart that Cole had left me to deal with on my own.

We can’t Jonathon.” I shook my head and pushed on him when he started to try and take off my uniform skirt.

You always say that!!” he yelled at me for the first time since we’d started hanging out again and I knew the old Jonathon was coming back.

Doc said I wasn’t allowed for nine months I still have another two weeks.” I told him trying to get him to calm down, “Plus we aren’t even really dating yet. You haven’t asked me out. I’m not doing anything with you unless I marry you.”

You’re still married to Cole!!!!!!” he growled and hit me, “You don’t have to agree either, we both know you’ll give me what I want.” He smiled and tore off my skirt, “Two weeks in nine months isn’t important now apologize to me and then make love to me.” He ordered and I knew if I didn’t I’d be getting hurt.

I’m sorry, Jonathon.” I whispered and then let him have what he wanted crying in pain when it hurt even though I didn’t fight him.

I’ll be back tomorrow.” He said not even bothering to check so I knew the old Jonathon was still there even though I’d given him what he wanted. I just hoped the kind Jonathon would come tomorrow after I trained.

Doc?” I asked when he answered his phone I was still crying and it’d been a couple hours. The pain was just getting worse and I knew something was wrong.

What’s wrong, Lily?” Doc asked.

I need you to come over here. I think I messed up something.” I whispered.

I’ll be there in one second. Did Leo or Tristan try to heal you?”

They can’t know.”

Why not?”

Nobody can know about this.” I stressed as he appeared in the room. He’d been with Dad and Leo back in the ancient government.

You had sex.” Doc said.

I didn’t have a choice.” I whispered with tears rolling down my cheeks. “I need Booth.” I begged and he immediately grabbed my phone and called. Booth appeared beside me and I knew he’d used a spell.

What happened, Lily?” Booth asked.

I’ve been spending time with Jonathon.” I whispered looking at the blankets. “He lost his temper for the first time today. Before today it was just kind of like the days when I loved him before I ever knew…” I trailed off but Doc and Booth nodded realizing everybody had been wrong in thinking I’d been getting better. I’d been going to things anything to get my mind off of Cole was welcome good or bad.

You didn’t actually mess up anything but you are going to be in pain. You are going to be in lots of pain for a while. You really can’t do anything though for two weeks it’s going to kill you… take it easy. Relax and stay away from Jonathon.” Doc ordered turning and suddenly disappearing like he knew I wanted.

You need to leave, Booth.” I whispered.

You still don’t like boys in your house?”

No.” I shook my head. “The only boy besides family since Cole left that’s been in here without supervision is Jonathon.” I whispered as I walked him to the door.

Stay home from school tomorrow.” He ordered, “And no training for the week.”

I have to go to school.” I shook my head. I could study instead of train but I couldn’t be home not with Jonathon coming.

Then go to Piper’s and spend the day.”

No I’m going to school and I’ll take it easy.”

Are you going to let me stop you?”

No.” I shook my head.

No but I’ll stop her.” A voice that I really wasn’t sure if I wanted to hear it or not said.

Nobody’s stopping me.” I managed to say.

Lily-be…” he sighed sadly, “I’m sorry.”

It’s too late for that Cole.” I shook my head, “You should’ve been sorry four months ago when I cared.” I shrugged like I didn’t care; I was good at hiding my emotions now, and then I walked away from him. I turned and said, “Are you staying here for long?”

I was planning on staying forever.” He whispered.

Then I’ll call Kali and she’ll help me pack my stuff.” I nodded grabbing my cell phone. He grabbed my hand though taking the cell phone.

Why can’t you just stay here?”

Because we aren’t together anymore if you haven’t noticed.” I snapped.

Lily-bee we can stay here together.”

No we can’t.” I shook my head forcing myself not to yell.

Why can’t we stay in the same house? Give me one good reason and I’ll let you have your phone.”

We aren’t together.” I said slowly and then asked in my normal voice, “Where do you think you’d sleep?”

We don’t sleep.” He reminded me.

Another reason for us to not stay in the same house especially one where it’d only be the two of us.”

Please, Lily-be, for me just try.”

No.” I shook my head I didn’t owe him anything so I wouldn’t give him anything. I didn’t try to take my phone and I didn’t bother grabbing my things I just said my simple spell and sent myself to Piper and Leo’s.

Lily?!” Kalila asked surprised but when she looked at my face she knew something bad had happened.

Go away Cole!!!!” I yelled when I felt his shimmer so familiar I would’ve been able to tell it from any other shimmer. He didn’t listen and just landed beside me.

No I don’t understand why you won’t just try to talk to me.” He shook his head.

Because seeing you hurts her.” Kalila snapped at him and everybody could see she was even more ticked to see him than I was trying to be. “Now get out of this house like she told you to. Stay away from her. You’ve hurt her worse than Jonathon ever did.” We watched his flinch and then we watched as he turned to a demon but I didn’t stay to see them try to change him back. I just walked upstairs. He wasn’t with me anymore. Everybody had lied it was possible for us to stay just as powerful after we gave up on our love. I had given up on every kind of love. Love would always hurt you the closest thing I could ever get to was the thing I had with Jonathon and as soon as he came back to apologize I’d explain to him the pain it’d cause me if we didn’t wait for two weeks. Maybe I could just use my drama as an excuse for the next two weeks and then he could have what he wanted and I wouldn’t be in quite as much pain afterwards.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on February 12, 2013
Last Updated on February 12, 2013
Tags: vampire, Lilybelle, Carlyle, love, past

The Past Comes Back


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell