Chapter Twenty-five

Chapter Twenty-five

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter 25

Forgive me Lily-be.” He begged, “I didn’t mean to lose control. I should have gone to my family when I felt myself starting to lose control but I’d just gotten you back and then when I got to the school they said you’d taken off then you were gone for days and finally Kalila called and told me you wanted me as soon as I could get there. This is part of me though and it seems to get harder to fight with the more I see people hurt you.”

I love you Cole.” I interrupted his lecture unable to help it.

I love you too, Lily-be.” He promised and then he kissed me softly before just holding me.

Now why in the world do you think you have to conquer demons all at once, Lily?” Piper asked me sitting down in front of us and Cole nodded glad she’d figured out the same thing.

Kickboxing has absolutely nothing to do with demons and meditating doesn’t either.”

Oh contraire and you know it. Kickboxing is so that you can get your anger under control and meditating teaches you how to track them it actually makes it where you can almost blink. I bet that you think with as powerful as you are you will be able to actually blink if you work hard enough.” Piper called my lie.

It’d be nice to not have to say a spell and tell Cole where I’m going every time I get ticked off and leave. When your love is a demon you can’t storm out of a room he blinks in front of you and you can’t say a spell to get out of it he listens for the name of the place and blinks there.”

So those have nothing to do with keeping him safe those have to do with you two fighting?” Piper laughed.

Exactly see so those two are perfectly safe classes.” I nodded.

What about the others?” she asked.

Well this proved just how far behind I am in demon anything I was still expecting him to turn into this big red thing with horns and a fork.”

Horns and a fork?” somebody laughed.

Eli?” Cole asked.

Brother I felt your demonic form act up and thought I’d come and see if you needed help with a mess since you obviously haven’t died yet.” He laughed again but his eyes showed concern.

Lily-be this is my most considerate brother Eli.” Cole introduced me.

Oh this is Lily.” Eli smiled moving over to me but I stumbled back some he put off an era of fear in me.

It’s the witch in you.” Piper said softly seeming to have to work to stay calm around a demon.

Why is it so easy around Cole?” I whispered standing a little easier now that Cole was holding me again.

Cole never killed a witch let alone as many as his brother here has. You are weakened by something in Eli.” Piper explained and I saw her muttering.

No Piper.” I said quickly knowing exactly what she was doing, “You will not kill Cole’s brother.”

He’s killed witches Lily. He could have killed your mother.” I flinched painfully into Cole.

It’s Cole’s brother you kill him and you hurt Cole. I don’t care. You don’t touch a hair on Eli’s head. Cole’s family will not be touched by ours unless they touch one of ours.” I said painfully but I heard Cole’s snarls and knew he wasn’t happy with her words but he wasn’t about to remove his arms from me with Eli around when it was obvious that his brother gave a natural fear to me.

Eli you have been given a bye don’t ruin it and pass it to the family that if you touch a hair on any of my family’s heads Lily and I will both personally make sure you all die a very painful death.”

Sure thing brother.” Eli said and ran off. Cole looked down at me worriedly but I just leaned farther into him and shook my head telling him I didn’t want to talk about it and I knew the only reason I got away with it was because Piper was there.

Let’s get home.” He nodded, “Take whatever classes you want you now know what you’re dealing with when you talk about demons and what I deal with daily.” I knew he thought it had changed my mind but it’d only made me more sure that I was making the right decision I couldn’t have Cole dealing with that alone I had to know what I could so I didn’t act like that next time his family visited. He stood strong when my nightmares came I’d stand strong when his did.

Everything good?” Leo asked confused when Cole blinked us home. Nobody in the room knew what had happened to Cole and all three of us wanted to keep it that way.

Of course.” I nodded, “Back to our conversation. You can just take those classes to the headmaster and tell them that I’ll be taking those classes.”

All of them?” Piper and Cole asked together surprised.

Yes all of them.” I nodded.

I think we should talk.” Cole said.

You told me it was my choice what classes I took and which I didn’t. We did talk about it and you took me on your field trip and guess what I decided I want to take them all after your educational video.” I nodded and Piper and Cole gasped realizing exactly what had made me so sure. It was my reactions to everything and they knew it the thing they thought would sway me had made me firm in my decision that I was doing the right thing.

Okay.” Cole gave up and Piper turned to him.

You’re going to let her do this?” she asked.

I can’t stop her.” He shook his head.

Thank you.” I whispered moving to sit in his lap.

But I can.” Piper declared standing up. She looked at everybody and then said mostly to Leo knowing he’d be the one to end my decision, “Lily only wants to take those classes because they focus on demons.”

Why would she care about demons?” he asked.

I can’t tell you that.” She shook her head.

Then she can join the classes.” He shrugged.

Fine,” She groaned.

I can’t believe this!!!!!!” I yelled.

You don’t know what happens when people take those classes!!!” she yelled at me and Cole, “They go and chase demons!!!” she yelled, “I can’t let you do that!! You might think you’re indestructible but somewhere there’s a line and I’m not willing to let some demon find it!!!” She looked at Cole pointedly and I knew she wanted him to step up and tell them to prove that I was more important than whatever Leo would do to him.

My father wasn’t a warlock.” Cole said.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on February 12, 2013
Last Updated on February 12, 2013
Tags: vampire, Lilybelle, Carlyle, love, past

The Past Comes Back


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell