Chapter Thirty-two

Chapter Thirty-two

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter 32

Are you going to be okay?” Cole asked dropping me off at my Demons 101 class.

Yeah this is a class I know that I will have alone and they won’t have a lesson on either of us in.” I smiled.

They could have my family in it.”

As long as it’s not you.” I promised smiling as I kissed him eagerly but then the bell rang and he blinked away. “Dang-it Cole I hate you.” I swore when I walked in.

Everybody knows that’s not true.” A girl laughed.

Okay so I just hate when he does that.” I admitted not sure why but I already liked her and I sat down beside her.

Yeah I have a boyfriend that’s part demon and I swear I think about killing him every time he shimmers.” We laughed together.

Your boyfriend’s part demon?” I asked.

Yeah half demon half human. He’s never killed a witch though.” She nodded, “I swear I usually don’t tell somebody that when I first meet them.”

I believe you.” I smiled, “It’s dangerous to have people know that.”

Definitely… especially somebody as powerful as you.” She agreed in a whisper as class started.

I don’t go after anybody unless they hurt somebody I care about.” I promised.

Shoo then my names Sara.”

I’m Lily.”

I know.” She laughed.

Sorry I’m still not used to going to a school that’s not full of humans.” I laughed with her again.

Ms. Carlyle I don’t care how powerful you are this is my class and you will not disrupt it!” the teacher yelled at me.

Sorry Mr.…” I trailed off.

Mr. Night.” Sara filled in.

It’s Mr. Night the least you could do is know your demons!!” he yelled, “Stand up!” I stood up shrugging I was positive that even Piper hadn’t mentioned a Mr. Night demon. “Name the top three ways you’d vanquish a demon.” He ordered.

Easy first I’d kick box him in his chest and I can vanquish him like that.” I added quickly when he started to interrupt to tell me I couldn’t because I could, “Second my second favorite power I’d catch him on fire.” I thought for a second and then smiled knowing my third and a way to prove I could stand my own against him if he wanted to fight, “Third I’d wish him dead and he’d be dead.” I smiled angelically and then I raised my hand but when he didn’t talk just glared at me I spoke anyway, “Can I tell you my fourth favorite because I think it kicks out the third the thirds kind of boring? I want to use call Cole and have him blink in so we can fight together because that sounds more romantic plus when we fight together he’ll take me out to celebrate and we’ll have some more fun. See now doesn’t option 3B sound better than 3A?”

Sit back down and shut your smart mouth. When you talk like that class you ask a demon to come shut you up.”

Class when a demon talks like that they ask a witch to come shut them up.” I said smartly. “Wow I think this class is going to be fun, Mr. Night. I might have to go do some deep research because not even Piper in all of the demon warning she’s done has warned me about you.” I shrugged and flipped my hair. “Of course how bad could you be? You work at a school full of witches and not one has a twinge of fear around you…” I trailed off shrugging.

OUT!!!!!!” Mr. Night yelled and I stood laughing.

Hey Sara I’ll see you after class I better go warn my dad that I just got kicked out of class.”

Wait!!!” Mr. Night called.

What?” I asked tiredly. “I’m leaving.”

Who’s your dad?”

Don’t worry about it I’ll tell him I started it.” I shrugged and walked out. I walked towards the office and was surprised Mr. Night didn’t follow and then I walked into Dad’s office Mom was in there with him.

What are you doing skipping class?” Mom asked strictly.

I got kicked out of class.” I sighed flopping down beside her. “Mr. Knight and I had a disagreement just because I didn’t know who he was. Sheesh none of my teachers before now got upset if I didn’t know them.” I laughed.

Let’s get you back to class.” Dad sighed but I saw he was trying not to laugh.

I’m sorry I caused problems, Daddy.” I sighed going and sitting in his lap. He laughed then and kissed my head.

That’s okay, Baby.” He smiled as Mom laughed too.

You should be pleased to know you and Kalila now share no more classes.” Mom said and I tensed.

I knew you two would hear about that.” I sighed forcing myself to relax.

So you made history books?” Mom asked as we all walked to class.

I’m way too young to be in any history book.” I growled.

Honey, you don’t look old.” Dad said.

I’m not old!!” I yelled.

You don’t say that word around Lily.” Piper warned sticking her head out of a class.

What class is that?” I asked.

This is my class, potions. I’ll see you and Cole both next.” She smiled. “What are you doing out of class?”

Run in with Mr. Night.” Dad laughed.

Wow we all should have guessed that would happen. Those two attitudes together in one room.” Leo laughed sticking his head out of a room.

Which class do you teach Leo?”

I’m subbing for Raising Your Powers 101.”

We might need to discuss that class, Lily.” Mom said.

Cole said I get to choose my classes myself.” I smiled as we walked in.

Cole happens to be your boyfriend not your father.” Dad said.

Garr…” I groaned, “Goodbye Raising Your Powers 101 because my powers for some reason don’t work on…” I trailed off as we walked into the actual class.

We’ll discuss it after school.” Mom promised kissing my head and then she turned to Mr. Night. “You had a problem?” she asked.

Judy?” he asked surprised. “Tristan?” I guessed they’d changed their names.

My parents,” I nodded, “They decided I couldn’t just sit in their office the whole class.”

With an attitude like yours I understand.” Mr. Night snubbed.

What did she do?” Mom asked tensely and I knew she wasn’t happy with his comment.

Mr. and Mrs. Carlyle?” Sara asked and I smiled realizing when Piper had changed my last name to Carlyle they’d changed their names to fit our new last name.

Yes Sara?”

All that happened was she didn’t know who he was and then she answered his question on her top three ways to kill a demon.” I couldn’t help but laugh as I remembered.

Lily?” Dad asked.

I might have given him my top four…” I laughed, “But that’s just because I decided just wanting the demon dead was too boring for the third choice I wanted choice three to be fighting the demon off with Cole.”

See that seems like a sensible choice it’s safer.” Mom smiled.

She chose it because it sounded romantic.” Mr. Night chastised Mom for siding with me.

Think about it Mom you have this demon completely easy to kill so you call Dad and you kill it together then you go off together. He takes you to a totally romantic dinner and you just relax together and you celebrate what you did.” I painted the picture as my fantasy went farther in my mind again, “You stay in Dad’s arms the whole night.”

That is romantic.” She smiled.

Get out!!!!!!!!” Mr. Night yelled.

You will not speak to my wife and daughter like that. Come on Lily we’re leaving you aren’t taking this class you’ll take Raising Your Powers 200 before you take this one.” Dad said and I smiled that was the highest level of the class they had and it went by tens.

So where am I going now?” I asked.

I don’t know do you want to sit with us in the office or what?”

I want to go see Cole.”

That doesn’t work he needs to stay in class.”

Then I’ll stay in the office.” I smiled and then sent to Cole, “I got kicked out of class.”

I know I’ve been listening. You have had by far a more interesting class than me.” He sent me back and I laughed.

I should’ve known you would be listening.”

Yes but you didn’t.”

I was a little preoccupied.”

I wasn’t listening until your little fantasy about us killing the demon together and then I had to get caught up.”

Oh you liked my fantasy did you?”

Very much.”

Mr. Night didn’t.”

He just doesn’t like you. You were supposed to know him.”

Who is he?”

Oh a nobody demon that wants to be somebody that terrifies you.”

He’s not even bad enough to put up my natural fear.”

Because you are strong enough to kill him without thinking about it.”

So your brother I would have a hard time killing him.”

Your emotions would get in the way.”

Oh so my love for you weakened me.”

Just as much as it strengthens you.”

Are you going to leave class to meet me?”

I can’t Lily-be this is Demons 120 I’m pretty sure it might be life threatening to leave.”

But I miss you.” We never had a class apart when we were in Human Schools at least not when we were together.

I know and I miss you too I’ll see you in one minute. I promise the bell will ring then and I’ll blink into the office.”

It’s called shimmer if it’s a demon I did learn that before I was kicked out of then quit Demons 101.”

But for us it’s blinking nobody can know the most powerful male vampire in the world is part demon.”

Sara’s boyfriend is part demon.”

He’s not one of the most powerful vampires.”

Okay…” I gave in. “… love you.”

Love you too.” He laughed.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on February 12, 2013
Last Updated on February 12, 2013
Tags: vampire, Lilybelle, Carlyle, love, past

The Past Comes Back


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell