Chapter forty-six

Chapter forty-six

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter 46

We were laying on the bed his arms around me, and my fingers lightly running up and down them a week later. He turned me over and kissed me though smiling, “It’s almost time to get to school.”

I start training today.” I smiled happily.

I know.” He nodded.

I have to go. I need to go hunting.”

Go hunting after practice.” He shook his head and kissed my neck in a way that only he could get away with. I twisted around him though suddenly having no plans of going anywhere besides closer to him. “Thank you.” He smiled before kissing me in the same spot again and he laughed as all of my thoughts just kept going over to him enjoying how the kiss made me. I put my hands on his face though and pulled his face up to mine the kiss had done its job. He’d gotten me to stay and become like this now he had to play fair. “Do I?” he whispered.

Yes.” I begged, “Please Cole.” I continued when he just went back to kissing my neck in the same way. Instead of answering he let his hands run along my thighs and then move to the rest of my body being completely unfair so I decided to be unfair and press closer to him even though he had sweats on.

Be fair, Lily-be.” He begged.

You aren’t.” I shook my head as I refused to move far enough away for him to remove them. He finally moved his lips to my lips though and we stopped being so mean to each other both of us enjoying this a lot more.

You’re hunting after practice?” Cole checked a few months later.

Yes.” I nodded knowing I had to work on my powers and I couldn’t with anybody even him around. Nobody seemed to even notice though that I didn’t use them around anyone though. Of course I was always busy training with Booth, teaching twice a week, spending time with Cole, or hunting every day. I didn’t even go to the lunch period I used it to go to the library and study or make lesson plans.

Booth had even noticed that with as much as I was straining myself my fighting had declined but neither of us would mention that I was farther from beating him then I was before the wedding. I just pushed myself harder in the training and I knew that worried him. Everybody tried to tell me even a vampire as powerful as me could take things too far but I didn’t see it I had heard stories of vampires that never hunted that didn’t even go into the deep sleep. I figured as powerful as I was if I used a few of my hunting trips for getting my powers under control I wouldn’t go into the sleep either and even if I did all they had to do is pump me with blood.

Okay I love you.” He sighed.

I love you too.” I smiled kissing him outside the classroom. Today was teaching day but I’d decided to train during my free period and study during lunch. I didn’t really feel all that good today though and I knew Cole could see something was wrong because he was looking at me worriedly and had been worrying about me all morning.

Do you promise to come get me if you need me?” he asked again. He’d even tried to get me to let him be a guinea pig again so he could watch me.

I always come get you if I need you and with as needlessly worried as you are today you’ll be waiting for a thought anyway.” I sighed.

I have Tristan and Leo sensing for you.” He told me.

Cole, you have them worried too.” I sighed. We’d finally moved into our own house the week before so he’d had to make a special trip to ask them. Now I was ticked along with not feeling well.

Lily-be I didn’t tell them anything I just told them I was worried and everybody’s used to me worrying over you.” He hugged me.

There’s nothing to tell.”

Besides the fact that you feel like crap and you won’t even tell me because you know it’s something.”

I know it’s something you’ll freak out about and I don’t feel like crap I just don’t feel good.” I sighed knowing he’d went through and rummaged my thoughts.

Let me know if it gets worse?”

I will now relax.”

If it doesn’t get better I’m not sure if you should train today.” He said slowly.

You know why you said that slowly.” I said starting to close the door, “Because I’m training whether you like it or not.” By lunch I was running on ‘E’ but I knew I’d be okay because the library would be empty to just me. Cole would be with the family knowing I’d want to be alone to study or plan my lesson whichever I chose. I never told him. When I got into the library though Cole was waiting and with one look at me he wrapped me in his arms and shimmered us to a couch.

You didn’t tell me.” He accused.

I’m just tired.” I shook my head, “I’ll be fine after I rest up.”

So you are taking lunch off right?” he asked but I knew it was an order. I could take lunch off or go ahead and forfeit the rest of my day.

Yes.” I whispered and he tightened his arms holding me to him as I relaxed. I was right and by the end of lunch I was able to work again.

You aren’t training today, Lily-be.” Cole shook his head.

I’ll sit for the rest of the day not moving an inch and then I’ll feel just like normal for practice.” I assured him.

You’re not training.” He shook his head.

I’ll see you at practice then.” I shrugged, “It’ll be nice to have you there watching. You know moral support.” I smiled and he finally got the point he could do whatever he wanted to make himself feel better about me practicing but I was practicing and then I was going to go and work on controlling my powers.

Will you at least go and hunt and let me watch your class for a little bit?” he asked and I nodded realizing he was taking the afternoon off.

I’ll take the whole period off and hunt.” I assured him and I saw his relief and smiled now I’d still get to train my powers and train my body plus I’d get to relieve Cole at the same time. This had worked out better than I could imagine. “I love you.” I promised him after he shimmered me to the waterfall.

I’ll meet you here after this period; so that I can take you to practice… take your time hunting though I don’t mind to wait.” He smiled.

Okay.” I nodded and took off after an animal so that it’d look like I hunted. I got a deer and then I went back to the waterfall working on getting small sections instead of the whole cave on fire. When my phone went off I got another deer knowing I wouldn’t be able fight with as long as I’d had to sit on the side of the cave and just try to get my strength back. Then I waited for Cole. He never came.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on February 12, 2013
Last Updated on February 12, 2013
Tags: vampire, Lilybelle, Carlyle, love, past

The Past Comes Back


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell