Chapter Thirty-eight

Chapter Thirty-eight

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter 38

Finally it was kickboxing and I ran in ready to fight. “Lily-be?” Cole asked.

Huh?” I asked distractedly looking for Booth.

I’m going to leave right after school to go hunting. I’m guessing you’re going to stay and practice so I’ll meet you at home.” He sighed knowing I wasn’t even paying attention.

Okay.” I shrugged and kissed him, “Bye.”

Leo will take you home.” He said but I didn’t even hear because Booth had come out and I was on the mat.

Let’s go I want to see if I can get this move right.” I said jumping up and down.

No first we’re going for a run.” Booth shook his head and I froze.

What?”

We’re going to get you trained right?”

Yeah?”

Then we’re going to train you right you made it clear at lunch you want to know everything that means we have to get you ready for everything. The class period is going to turn into preparing the body for after class.” He gestured to the class to follow and I realized for the first time in my life I was going to work my vampire body to its brink and I was excited. He took off yelling behind us, “If you can’t keep up with us stay with Cole!” We took off quickly losing everybody and he just kept pushing us forward I felt my muscles pulling as they’d never pulled before actually wanting to stop and I liked the feeling.

This is cool.” I smiled realizing even though my body was straining thanks to the fact I didn’t need to breath I could still talk easily.

I thought you’d like it and it will make your body able to withstand more fighting.” He nodded turning back before long we were flying back around everybody. When we got into the school, I went to the mat. “No punching bags.” He shook his head and started showing me complicated moves that you would never see in a human gym, because he wasn’t punching them he was using them to jump. I realized they were just low enough to jump from and they were purposefully scattered so far apart. He was jumping from one, touching the other to push off it into the direction of another, and going to every bag. I thought it looked easy so I climbed on one and started but halfway through I lost my momentum and fell flat on my butt.

I’m a disgrace to all vampires.” I groaned.

No you have to have the perfect momentum this is all about balancing your gifts as a normal vampire. They are high enough you can’t overdo the momentum because you’ll go through the roof but low enough you can get enough if you are perfect.” He assured me. “Try again.”

I did it again and this time I made it across barely. I started to go back to the beginning determined to get better but he shook his head and pointed to the floor. I sat down. “What?” I asked.

We are meditating to cleanse ourselves of anger and then we are fighting.” He smiled and I smiled right back realizing school was over. We meditated for a long time but then he finally stood and led me to the mat before nodding and letting us fight. Instead of like normal though and just fight after fight he stopped after the first and did the kicks he usually got me with letting me practice my different options with levitating over it and then getting back into the fight.

Time to go, Lily.” Leo said, “We are having a family meeting tonight.” Booth and I had been sitting and laughing for a while.

Where’s Cole?” I asked, “I thought he was coming back to get me.”

He told you I’d come get you.”

No he didn’t.”

Yes he did I was right here you were on the mat.”

Oops.” I whispered looking away. “Can we please not tell Cole that I was so obsessed I missed part of our conversation?” I begged.

Only because it would hurt him,” Leo nodded pulling me up. We were in the living room before I was standing all the way and it made me stumble because he did it. I knew it was my punishment for what I’d done for Cole though so I played it off as dizziness to Leo’s different transport than Cole’s.

I wish you would’ve come got me.” I told Cole snuggling into his arms even though he wouldn’t wrap them around me.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on February 12, 2013
Last Updated on February 12, 2013
Tags: vampire, Lilybelle, Carlyle, love, past

The Past Comes Back


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell