Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter 9

Please Lily-be.” He whispered his eyes filled with worry and I snapped out of it.

Crap I’ve got to get some animal blood these mood swings are horrible.” I said, he nodded, and I ran off leaving him there and found a deer killing and draining it quickly. It was not often that I filled up on blood but I knew that Cole would be paying attention so next I went and I kept going until I found myself a mountain lion. I drained it than went full speed home stopping right beside him perfectly as only I could.

Feel better?” he asked.

Yes.” I sighed, “I promise no more moody pants.”

Then let’s talk.” I was not sure I wanted to talk but I let him lead me to the meadow. I stopped on the edge though refusing to go any farther as my tears overflowed. The blood might have stopped the moodiness but it also made it harder to ignore my feelings when I did not have the thirst.

Please don’t ruin my last place.” I begged it was the closest place to home I had that he had not came and ruined yet.

Lily-be…” he sighed seeing me breakdown completely from the pain of losing his love for the first time, “Can I ask you a question?” he whispered pulling me down beside him and holding me close.

You are going to anyway.” I whispered through my tears.

Why didn’t you ever tell me that you didn’t lose the imprint between the time I died and the first kiss of my next life?”

You felt bad about… I mean…” I tried to fix realizing he had trapped me he now knew that I was still imprinted on him that I was still completely stuck on him and he could only guess how bad I hurt.

Kalila told me today at lunch so don’t try to save me the hurt of knowing how much pain I’ve put you through I just want to know why you wouldn’t tell me even before…” he trailed off unable to say it.

You felt bad enough about making me watch you die each life. I could not make it where you also felt bad about making me feel this way about you while I waited for you to grow up. Plus it’s not the same while you’re growing up it’s more of an older sister devotion more of an 'if anybody touches you I’ll kill them' type thing.”

I always did think you were the best friend and best big sister anybody could hope for.”

Because that’s what you needed then.” I whispered and he pulled me tighter.

You know I really do still love you right?”

No I don’t.” I shook my head feeling another tear fall. He had never told me this life I had told him and he had told me he did not he saw the tear and his arms tightened no doubt knowing exactly where my thoughts had gone.

I’d just gotten my memories of that whole life back. I could not risk giving you another child that you would have to watch go through that. I gave you a sick child.” He whispered, “I didn’t deserve your love.” His eyes turned angry, “Veronica told me something today that makes me angry though.”

What’d she tell you?” I asked even though I could guess.

You think that I didn’t imprint with you this life because you don’t deserve me. You think it’s your fault our child was sick.”

It is I was her mother I should have saved her.”

Lily you can’t do everything.”

I’m the most powerful vampire out there. I can do any spell a witch can do. What point is there to any of it if I couldn’t even save our baby’s life?” I cried.

The point is you have a chance to save other mother’s babies. You have a chance to have another baby and this one could be better. This one could not have that sickness.” He whispered holding me, “The point is not blaming yourself.”

You just said you blamed yourself.”

And I now see that I’m wrong too.” He promised.

I love you, Cole.” I promised.

I love you too, Lily-be.” He smiled and then he put his lips on mine and I felt the fire that always came when imprints kissed each other he pushed me down intertwining all of his fingers with mine and holding my hands as if I had surrendered he kissed me harder. I pulled my hands away from his though wanting them free so I could put them in his hair and touch his face. He pulled away after a few more seconds but I followed him and kissed him once more unable to help it I had missed so much time on his lips.

Umm…” I smiled as he held my face still so he could take his lips and travel my face with them instead of me following them with mine. I started to say a simple spell though and he moved them back to mine.

Now no cheating for kisses.” He warned.

Or what?” I played along happily, teasingly.

Or I’ll take us both back home to face Piper and Leo and we can study.” He smiled pushing me back down on the ground and I laughed as I rolled over on top of him.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on February 12, 2013
Last Updated on February 12, 2013
Tags: vampire, Lilybelle, Carlyle, love, past

The Past Comes Back


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell