Chapter Thirty-one

Chapter Thirty-one

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter 31

It’s a good thing that our new classmates joined us today!” the teacher smiled and I realized this was History of Magic.

Cole… please, tell me we haven’t made it in history books yet. I’m not that old.” I whispered.

I’m sure we haven’t.” he assured me but he looked unsure and nervous himself.

Ms. Carlyle showed us a dose of her power by renovating our school this morning she’s to thank for your new lockers.” The teacher continued. I raised my hand. “Yes Ms. Carlyle?”

Umm no offense but I don’t seem to know your name.” I whispered.

Oh I’m Professor Spenser.” He said, “Maybe one day we’ll work together.”

I doubt that I don’t have the teaching talent.”

She has every other talent though which is what we’ll be focusing on today.” Professor Spenser continued, “We will be studying Ms. Lilybelle Carlyle today and Mr. Cole Addison tomorrow and both of them when they are joined together the next day. Maybe they’ll demonstrate each day for us?” he turned to us.

Well Lily-be’s always ready to show off.” Cole laughed and I stuck my tongue out.

I do like to show off but I’m too young to be in history books.” I said.

How old are you?” a girl asked and Cole cracked up.

People do not ask Lily that question.” A voice came from the back.

Lindsey!!!” I yelled jumping up and hugging her but then I fell back.

You forgot your own power, Lily-be…” Cole shook his head, “That’s not a way to start out a history lesson on yourself. I guess if you wanted you could make it where this is just like Mr. D-day’s classes…”

I’ll do it.” I said quickly, “In one second.” I finished a little slower when I got dizzy from moving. “It’s going to be hard to get used to that. Hey Cole I touched both Dad and Mom and didn’t have the affect?”

We’ll ask them tonight.” He smiled at me knowing I was happy about it.

Okay do you want to explain what happened there?” Professor Spenser asked and I saw his nose was in the book.

When I’m around other vampires my powers get a boost. When I touch somebody I get complete control of them anyway add that with the power boost and I get their every thought along with complete control and the after affects are hard to deal with. Cole is my soul mate which everybody knows meaning most of my wonderful talents don’t work on him so he can get rid of the after affect and make it where I can move on.”

Okay do you have any new cool talents that the book won’t have yet?” somebody asked from the class.

When was the book written?”

A year ago.” Cole provided nodding.

I can catch thing on fire now.” I nodded.

Can you show us?” somebody else asked.

Do you have something you don’t mind me ruining and somebody with the wonderful ability to put out fires?”

I’m here.” I heard Kalila’s voice and I tensed. Cole moved a little closer but I shook my head and he just pointed to the trashcan understanding I now needed to show off. I caught each trashcan in the room on fire but then she turned it into a competition and tried to fight my fire so I let the fire turn up some and outdid her water.

Lily!” Cole interrupted and I cut it out.

You found Mom and Dad and didn’t tell me.” Kalila snapped at me.

You told me I was dead to you.” I snapped right back.

You have more powers.” Cole said telling us we weren’t destroying a school that had been around thousands of years.

You are dead to me.” Kalila said and I levitated.

You might want to move I’m doing a demonstration.” I snapped. She moved out of my way and I started to kick box. Then I started to just show off using my powers the rest of the class.

Class dismissed.” Professor Spenser was barely able to get out at the end of class. I grabbed my stuff and walked out with Lindsey and Cole with open mouths watching us like they expected me to fly after everything I’d done.

What’d you do in class?” Leo asked looking in.

The lesson was on me so Professor Spenser asked me to show off.” I shrugged Leo looked at Cole knowing that on a normal day me being in a lesson in history would be the one thing to make it where I wouldn’t show off.

She and Kalila got into it again.” Lindsey provided when Cole stayed quiet, “At least I assume it was again by Cole’s silence and the power fighting which is a new thing in the time table.”

This is their biggest fight ever.” Leo shook his head and I knew by the end of the class change everybody in the family including Mom and Dad would know Kalila and I had fought yet again. We couldn’t even be in the same class without fighting.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on February 12, 2013
Last Updated on February 12, 2013
Tags: vampire, Lilybelle, Carlyle, love, past

The Past Comes Back


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell