Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter 10

Can I take you someplace?” I asked, “I want to show you the big secret place that I’ve been going off to by myself every night.”

The secret is being revealed?” he asked rolling over so he was in control again.

I only didn’t say because I think it might hurt you a little.” I whispered, “But I want to share it with you.”

Then I want you to share it with me.” He smiled picking us up and lifting me up to his lips, “Where to?” he asked on mine.

Our house from the last life.” I whispered but he still kissed me and using a peculiar talent that he managed to keep from his warlock life, he blinked us there. We stood in the living room of the house and he just held me.

Okay lead me where we are going.” He smiled but I saw that it was hurting him to know that I’d spent every spare moment I had in the last place he’d ever let me know that he loved me even though it also held the most painful memories of my life. I led him upstairs though to our bedroom and I heard his breath catch when he saw that I hadn’t moved a thing all the times I’d been here I’d made sure the house still looked identical to the day he’d died. “Why?” he asked.

The last thing you said before you died…” I whispered, “… was that you’d always love me that what had happened with Bell hadn’t changed anything about how you felt about me. You would come back to me you promised.” I felt a tear fall we could both remember clearly how big of a fear that had been of mine for the last of his last life and when it had taken until fifteen for him to even talk to me about the last life or admit that we’d been in love before I had realized I had had a reason especially when it’d been to tell me he didn’t love me anymore.

I remember.” He nodded knowing what I was really trying to figure out.

Did you remember two years ago?” I whispered pulling away from his arms.

No.” he shook his head, “I usually don’t ever get the last words I said to you until the life after I said them.”

So this life is different than your others.” I whispered entering his arms again at his promise that he did not intentionally break his promise.

Yes.” He nodded.

Maybe it will be your last life. You’ve learned enough.” I said kind of hopeful. I did not want to risk another life like this. I did not know if I could handle it.

I doubt with as much as I’ve messed this life up I’m going to get to finally be completely immortal.”

You don’t want this to be your last life.” I accused.

No I don’t want my last imprinting with you being so clouded with memories of heartbreak for you. I want you to have one perfect imprint. One where you get your perfect kiss and then you’re perfect dating and your perfect marriage.”

Cole when are you going to learn I don’t care if it’s perfect as long as I get you.” I sighed putting my head in his chest.

I want you to have everything you’ve ever wanted.”

I love you Cole.” I promised pulling away.

Now where are we going?”

I need to visit one more room before we leave.” I whispered and he nodded knowing exactly where we were going… Bell’s room. “Hi baby girl.” I whispered looking at the crib in the room like I had so many times the last life. “I really wish you would have at least been able to grow old enough to know your daddy he’s a great man.” I promised.

Come on Lily-be we need to go.” Cole whispered taking me in a hug. I shook my head and went to her dresser taking the necklace that Cole thought I’d bought from a vendor but had actually been my birthmother’s I held it tightly in my hand and then nodded when he wrapped his arms gently around me letting him know he could blink us home. He put us right in my room. “I figured you’d want to get a chain for the necklace.” He explained and I nodded. “You might want to hurry Liz and everybody is here to visit.”

Visit or intervention?” I asked knowing I had been worrying them for decades.

Both.” He sighed and I knew they had decided he needed one too after today. I shook my head and took the new cross that Piper had gotten me for Christmas off its chain and put my mother’s old cross on it. “When did you really get it?” Cole asked.

Back when I was human.” I whispered looking away and he sighed knowing I would not talk about it. I realized he already knew I had not forgotten my human years I looked at him confused.

Unlike you I studied a couple centuries before I quit your type of vampire can’t forget anything.” He told me and I sighed.

I’m sorry I just didn’t want to talk about it and I studied vampires first and knew you could and since you studied potions when I still studied…”

It seemed like an easy out.” He nodded, “Please just don’t lie to me tell me you can’t talk about it and that’s okay just don’t lie.”

I’m sorry.” I repeated as he wrapped his arms around me. He did not say anything just kissed me lovingly. “You know we don’t have to do intervention we could do blinking.” I suggested and he smiled blinking us away just as the door opened. I saw their eyes as we disappeared and smiled. I saw Kalila smile back happily as glad as I was that Cole and I were back together.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on February 12, 2013
Last Updated on February 12, 2013
Tags: vampire, Lilybelle, Carlyle, love, past

The Past Comes Back


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell