chapter forty-three

chapter forty-three

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter 43

The next morning I walked into my new classroom and took a deep breath when the class was already full of students and it wasn’t even close to time to start. I turned to look at Cole and he smiled. “What do I do?” I asked.

Well I’ll be in here for this period so just relax and have fun. Remember though I want to have a crush on somebody pretty.” He smiled.

Okay.” I laughed but I suddenly wondered how I’d react to seeing him crush over some other girl. Would I be able to handle that? I forced the worries out of my mind and gestured to the board so that the spell and potion would appear on it. Then I took another breath and turned to face my class. “Okay I’m…”

Lily Carlyle the most powerful witch or vampire in the history of the entire world.” Somebody said in the back but I tensed recognizing the voice.

Cole…” I whispered breathlessly and the whole class went tense hearing the fear in my voice, “Please just watch the class.” I begged when he started towards the back. “Let me deal with this.”

No.” Cole shook his head.

Yes Cole let us have our talk. Your lovely fiancé and I have business to attend too and history that you just would never understand. Maybe we should go visit Booth? Isn’t that why you have a connection with Booth he understands you on a level that Cole here will never understand you on.” Jonathon smiled.

You’ve been spying on me.” I whispered.

I wouldn’t call it that Lily-bear. Shall we go outside though?” he asked. I nodded and walked outside closing the door before Cole could follow us.

What do you want Jonathon?”

I want you to finish your half of our deal.” He smiled and at my face he still continued to remind me even though I knew what he was talking about. “At your old home when I left so that you didn’t have to tell Cole with me there. You know when I do something for you that means you do something for me.”

I’ve never done just something for you.” I whispered disgusted.

So you remember.” He pulled me in close to him and put his lips on mine.

Get off of me.” I begged.

Do you really want to start this Lily-bear?” he asked.

Do you really want to?” a voice asked and I felt shame flow over me for being caught when I was so defenseless.

Oh look, Lily-bear, Booth thinks he can repay your father by saving you. That’s okay though I’ll just come visit you later.” Jonathon smiled at me and suddenly he was gone. I realized he’d gained a new power while he was away. He’d given into his warlock side completely and was taking witches powers. I collapsed onto the floor and Booth came to sit beside me pulling me to him.

Do you want me to get Cole?” He whispered.

No…” I shook my head, “He can’t know that I’m tore up so much.”

Okay.” I knew he didn’t agree but that he wouldn’t argue. He held me for a few seconds and then got up and went in to get Cole giving up on giving me what I wanted.

Lily-be…” Cole sighed holding me close as he sat down beside me, “Why didn’t you want Booth to get me?”

Because I can handle it,” I whispered.

I can help though.” He whispered not calling me on the lie.

No you can’t.” I shook my head. There was only one thing that could help right now and I wasn’t allowed to do it. I would sit here until this fear passed and eventually it would but if I was being completely honest knowing he was here to withstand the time helped. It let me know I wasn’t alone like I had been at the end of my human life.

Go train, Lily-be. I’m begging you as a wedding gift to me… please go train, do it until Piper or Judy make you stop. Do it until I can’t force them to let you be. Just please train.” His voice was begging and persuasive even though we both knew it wouldn’t have to be I just needed to know he wouldn’t hold it against me.

You really won’t be mad?” I whispered.

No you need to train.” He whispered, “Just do me a favor and stay with me long enough to say bye.”

We aren’t allowed to kiss.” I frowned.

We’re already breaking one rule.” He shrugged and put his lips on mine kissing me softly. He just kissed me gently one of the softest kisses I’d gotten in one hundred years and then he pulled me up with him and led me into the gym. “Take care of her Booth.” He said gently and the worry was clear in his voice.

I will.” Booth promised and you couldn’t doubt the truth in his voice.

Let’s fight.” I begged no longer worried about anything since Cole had given me permission. I couldn’t care less about what Mom or Piper thought about my training as long as Cole was okay and came and got me before I got too obsessed. I turned to him at thought.

I’ll be back at lunch and then if you feel better we can go back to our deal.” He promised smiling and I nodded. I watched as he shimmered out of the gym so nobody would know that I was in here unless Dad or Leo started looking for me. Then I started to fight with Booth feeling better with each fight that I lost. Our fighting was getting closer though and I was sure after the wedding I would end up beating him. I knew we would always be equal once I got there though. I would always have to work my butt off to beat Booth and that excited me more than any fight ever had.

Do you feel better?” Cole asked shimmering in and by his tired look I knew he’d been fighting off people all morning to keep me in the gym.

Much.” I promised walking into his arms, “Do you know how hard it is to fight in this uniform though?”

No I don’t usually wear a skirt.” He laughed hugging me tight before starting to kiss me.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on February 12, 2013
Last Updated on February 12, 2013
Tags: vampire, Lilybelle, Carlyle, love, past

The Past Comes Back


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell