Chapter Thirty-three

Chapter Thirty-three

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter 33

Okay since you’re done with Cole we need to talk we can’t fit meditating, controlling your powers, or raising your powers into your schedule.”

Fine as long as I have kickboxing.” I smiled as the bell rang and Cole showed up. “Umm…” I sighed when he pulled away after kissing me, “I think you really did like my fantasy.” I sent him.

I told you I did.” He told me on our way to class.

Hey Lily.” Sara smiled.

Sara!” I smiled happily, “Meet Cole. Cole this is Sara.”

Hello Sara I’ve heard a lot about you.”

Wow good I hope.” She smiled.

You made quite a good impression on Lily it’s been a while since somebody’s done that.”

Must have been the agreeing on how annoying it is when boyfriends use powers that allow them to disappear in the middle of a kiss.” I shrugged.

Lily this is Eli.”

We’ve already met.” Eli smiled at Cole, “It’s nice to see you again brother.”

Brother?” Sara asked.

I’m sure he has the wrong person.” Cole said pointedly staring at Eli.

Must have,” Eli nodded, “I have had the honor of meeting Ms. Lily though.”

Yes we have.” I smiled through the fear he brought reminding myself that he was good now. He’d changed for Sara. We walked to Potions and Eli kissed Sara before leaving us. “Sara how long did you say it’d been since Eli killed a witch?” I asked.

Since you already know him I’m guessing you know he’s killed.” She whispered and I nodded. Cole watched me carefully as I kept the wall up between our minds. His worry would make this too hard for me. “He quit two decades ago when we met so that we could be together. I don’t like to tell people that because they don’t trust him then.”

I’m not going to tell you I’m going to trust him but I’m going to trust you. I don’t trust him because I know somebody that knows him and his family really well.”

His family is horrible isn’t it? He has one brother though that he wants me to meet he’s never killed a witch because he fell in love and he’s more powerful than any of the others. He went to tell him about me though and the girl his brother loves was there and all his brother did was tell him that if he ever touched a hair on the head of the girl he loved he’d make sure Eli died a painful death.”

That does sound like a love. His brother must love that girl a lot to fight against his dark side so much.” I said.

I do love her a lot.” Cole fought through the wall.

You’ve got to talk to Eli.” I sighed just letting it down.

I know.” He nodded.

You two are doing your little talk with your minds thing.” Sara accused.

Yes.” I nodded, “It’s not about anything though.” I promised but then Piper yelled at us and we all laughed but paid attention.

I’ll be back in a little bit I’m going to go try and talk to Eli.” Cole sighed after class in my ear.

Okay.” I whispered and kissed him sighing as he let it go deeper but then I groaned when he once again shimmered/blinked out. “I’m going to kill him if he does it one more time today.”

That’s his limit.” Sara laughed.

He’s been doing it all dang day I think he enjoys jerking my chain. Ever since we got back together I don’t think he’s once blinked away leaving me behind without it being in the middle of a stinking’ kiss.”

Let’s just get to lunch.” She suggested pulling on me. “Eli’s late so he’s probably just going to meet me there.”

Yeah probably.” I smiled, “Or maybe he’s going to do an errand like Cole?” I suggested.

Maybe.” She nodded as we got to everybody.

Hey Lindsey, Poppy, Madison…” I smiled and then, “Kalila.” I said tensely.

Lilybelle.” She said even tenser but at least she admitted I was there.

This is Sara she was in my Demons 101 class.” I laughed.

Was?” Madison asked.

She got kicked out…” Sara laughed.

Big surprise attitude like that.” Kalila snapped.

Then Mom and Dad got me back in.” I smiled.

Then Mr. Night ticked Mr. Carlyle off and he made Lily quit.” Sara laughed and I laughed with her as Cole and Eli showed up beside us.

What’s so funny?” Cole asked.

We were telling everybody about the scene in Mr. Night’s class.” I smiled and then he kissed me.

Do you forgive me for blinking away on you again?” he asked.

Nope.” I shook my head. “You did it too many times. You’ve got to prove you are really sorry.”

That means I won’t be forgiven all day though.” He complained in my ear.

That means you won’t be forgiven until I’m sure you aren’t ever going to do that to me again.” I fixed.

That means even longer than the day.” He pulled away but I pulled him back to me.

It doesn’t mean I stay mad.” I smiled suggestively, “Just that you aren’t forgiven for blinking away.” He laughed but kissed me again before handing me a cup of blood.

I thought I’d save us a walk.” He smiled.

I could’ve done that.”

That would’ve taken you moving your finger.”

Aren’t you in a good mood?”

Still contemplating option 3B of demon fighting...” he smiled as the thought ran into my mind.

Umm I think I would’ve liked coming up with options for demon fighting.”

What are you two talking about?” Austin asked.

None of your business.” I said quickly but the blush came giving us away and Cole laughed pulling me closer to him.

Don’t let him get to you.”

Hey you guys.” Mom smiled coming over.

Hi Mommy.” I smiled up at her.

Kalila?” she asked but Kalila didn’t answer.

Kalila its Mom answer her!!” I yelled.

My mom isn’t your mom she chose you so now she’s not mine. Everybody chooses you after all you are their child that turned out the way they wanted.” She snapped at me and I jumped up.

Sit down!!” Mom yelled at me and Dad came over.

You two are through with the fighting. Kalila come with us we need to talk.” Dad said and she got up. They all walked out of the room and to their office.

I leaned over onto Cole as everybody in the school looked at me realizing exactly what my weaknesses were: the people I loved. They were both my strength and weakness. “Are you okay?” he sent.

It’s time to get to class.” I sent instead of answering and he nodded knowing his answer by the thoughts I didn’t want to go to him and by me not answering. “I wish kickboxing was now and not last.”

Only a couple more periods.” He reassured me as we walked into Spells. He kept up the thoughts ignoring all of the professors until…

Finally!” I exclaimed when we walked into a gym full of punching bags and big mats for fighting.

I think this is the most excitement any teacher has had from you.” A hot guy said coming in.

It is but I don’t remember you from any classes?”

I’m the teacher.” He smiled at me it was obvious he liked me. “I hear some people say you might actually have a talent for kick boxing?”

That’s what they say.” I shrugged.

And what do you say?” he asked leading me to a mat.

I’m just better than them and they don’t want to admit it.”

Oh you want to put some backing to those words.”

You want to lose?”

That a challenge?”

You bet I wasn’t taking a chance of you pairing me with a student I fight the best and only the best.” I said putting my hair in a ponytail with just a thought and I saw people back up when they realized what I’d done. “I promise I don’t use my powers when I fight just awesome kickboxing moves.” I held out my hand.

What about that one you used on me this morning?” Cole asked.

That’s a move it’s not my fault I’m just more awesome than you.” I smiled.

That’s a rematch tonight.” He warned and I smiled easily.

Seven.” I smiled and then turned to the teacher. “Let’s go.” I smiled and we started. I stayed on the ground for the first half but he was a worthy component. When I went for the kick I went ahead and levitated trying out how my power held up in a fight but he used it in his advantage and pulled me right down on the mat pinning me to the floor and I couldn’t move.

You were saying about winning?”

How’d you do that?” I asked as he let me up realizing it was inappropriate to hold me like that but I didn’t care nobody had beat me since I’d learned to fight. I wanted to know how he’d done it.

Your levitation is your newest power.” He commented and I nodded. “Never use a new power in a fight until you are positive you know exactly how to use it. You took it up too high giving me the power to grab your legs and have complete control of your body.” He instructed. “Now go up again.” He ordered and even though the bell was ringing nobody left as the students I’d been with all day watched me be instructed in my powers for the first time and I was as excited as them I went up quickly. “Too high.” He shook his head so I lowered some. “No all the way down.”

Why?” I asked.

If you don’t come all the way down you will get used to going that high then going down to the right height that gives your opponent a time to grab you. They only need the slightest moment and point of weakness. Now go up your hips to here.” He gestured with his hands. I went up that high and tried to kick but I couldn’t.

The kicks don’t work here.” I complained.

You’ve got to practice. Powers don’t always come as easy as yours seem to come to you. This one came too easy and you knew it. You’re going to have to train to fight at the right level. Then you’ll have to train to fight better and to get to that level faster and fight better.” People were gone now.

So why are we talking?” I asked going back up to the right level when I was in front of boxing bag and starting to punch. I knew I’d have to start at the beginning just like I had with my kickboxing.

No come over here.” He said, “We don’t train like humans.”

How do we train then?” I asked.

On each other… by fighting.”

So you mean I have to train by getting my butt kicked?” I asked warily.

Yes.”

Okay let’s go.” I nodded still unsure of how I could keep my temper under control I wasn’t good at losing. I’d have to fight Cole and win later. We got back on the mat and went back at it and each time my body naturally tried to go too high so that I could fight better he’d throw me down on the mat a little harder each time. “Do I at least get your name if you’re going to keep killing me?” I complained as I rubbed my back waiting for the bone to heal. Cole was staying safely in the corner knowing if he came out I was going to fight him so I could win.

Booth.” He said.

Professor Booth.” I nodded.

No just Booth to you.” He shook his head.

Really?”

A fighter like you is a friend not a student.” He nodded.

Thank you, now, let’s fight.” I smiled and we got back to work.

There you are!” Mom, Dad, Leo, and Piper all came in together as Booth threw me down again. He just offered me his hand though and I took it like I had the last times I had stopped taking the breaks I was sick and tired of losing.

We’ll be home later!” I called as we fought and I didn’t pay attention to see if they listened just concentrated on the fight with everything I had but once again Booth threw me on the mat. “AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!” I yelled, “How does that keep happening?!?! I didn’t even go an inch above the level of safety!!!”

You’re not fighting as well in the air put less anger into the fight.” Booth instructed and I heard a laugh that I hadn’t expected and I turned. I saw the owner of the laugh that I hadn’t needed to see to know she was there once I’d heard her it was Kalila.

Let’s go.” I turned back to Booth a new fury in my eyes.

Watch out Booth she’s going for murder now.” Cole said as Booth nodded even though Cole was by the mat ready to take me.

I’m going to prove the anger is what’s making her lose easier.” Booth nodded, “Trust me it will be anger management and a lesson in fighting.” He assured everyone and Cole left muttering stuff about his death and everything nobody was willing to fight me when I was this mad.

Booth ignored him though and let the fight continue I was down in thirty seconds. I didn’t say anything just jumped up and went at him again and then again and again and slowly I realized he was right the worse my anger got the worse my fighting got. I finally didn’t nod and he pointed to the ground for me to sit, “Your anger makes you lose all your senses.” He said, “That makes you lose all of your technique you have taught yourself and the few techniques I have taught you today. Lose the anger tonight and we’ll continue tomorrow. If you are still as angry tomorrow though don’t bother walking onto the mat.” He nodded at Cole and I got up walking into Cole’s arms. “Oh and Lily?” Booth asked as Cole walked to the door.

Yes?” I whispered having had my pride broken by him and let him see my family problems and everything today. I had no idea how I should feel about him.

If you need to talk I’m here.” He promised.

Thank you.” I nodded, “I’ll be here tomorrow for practice.”

Only if you aren’t angry.”

I can’t promise there won’t be any anger.”

Just not as much as tonight, okay?” He nodded.

Okay.” I agreed.

Hey thanks for the favor.” Kalila told him.

What favor?” he asked confused.

You broke her pride. Maybe tomorrow you could break her face.”

What type of sister are you?”

I’m not.” She snapped and I flinched but watched his eyes flash comprehension of my sudden anger and hurt that had come in our practice.

No coming into my gym.” He told her and I sighed relaxing.

Let’s go.” Cole whispered leading me out of the gym and then just shimmering us into his room. My stuff was still mixed in with his though and I smiled.

Leo and Piper decided I could stay in here.” I smiled happily.

Looks like it they’ve been careful with their thoughts all day.” He smiled glad to see me happy after all the sadness and anger in the gym.

Can we talk to you?” Leo asked knocking on the door.

Wow actually asking?” I asked opening the door.

We wanted to discuss something with you.” Piper smiled sitting on the bed and patting it so we would sit with them so I closed the door and let Cole sit me in his lap.

We don’t know if it means as much to you now but we were talking and we decided that if you two wanted to get married…” Leo smiled and I looked up at Cole smiling excitedly.

It would be perfectly okay with us.” Piper finished and I hugged her and Leo.

We need to talk to Mom and Dad tomorrow and your mom too, Cole.” I smiled excitedly practically jumping up and down.

Thank you.” Cole whispered as they left, “Thank you also for not making her leave.”

We figured if you two were going to get married soon it would be easier to leave her stuff in here.” Piper smiled but I knew the trust it meant they had in us.

Thank you.” I smiled.

Oh… Lily-be what do you say we talk to your parents tonight?” Cole asked

What do you mean we can’t go over there it’s late?”

They are here.”

Really?” I asked jumping up and running downstairs before throwing open the door, “Cole told me.” I explained away their confused faces.

Oh we can’t even surprise our daughters anymore. Well I wish we were here for a happy visit.” Mom sighed hugging me.

What’s wrong?”

Intervention.” Cole said behind me and with the way his arms surrounded me I knew who they were doing an intervention on. They were intervening mine and Kalila’s relationship.

Please don’t, I wanted to talk to you and Daddy about something happy tonight.” I begged.

We can talk about happy right now.” Dad nodded and I nodded sure they’d forget the intervention when I mentioned wedding.

Cole and I want to get married.” I smiled.

You two are already married.” Mom said.

That’s how we see it but Piper and Leo don’t because he leaves… wait…”

Yes we know who Cole’s father is his brother goes to the school.” Dad said.

I know.” I nodded shuddering remembering our first meeting.

I guess you didn’t meet Eli on very good circumstances?” Mom figured out.

No.” I shook my head, “But I met his girlfriend in the best.” I laughed remembering, “She’s great.”

I’m glad you and Sara are so close.” Mom smiled.

So the wedding?”

Of course we want you two married again.” Dad laughed, “We’ll be there.”

I would like you to finally walk me down the aisle.” I whispered looking at the floor not sure how anybody in the room would handle the information never before had I asked for an actual wedding and in any other one that Piper had insisted on Leo had walked me down the aisle.

I would love to if Leo doesn’t mind.”

You are her father.” Leo promised.

I have two fathers.” I cut in quickly and then said softer, “It’s just I dreamed of my wedding when I was a little girl Mom would help me plan it and Dad would be there to walk me down the aisle and I’ve never been able…”

You’ll have that wedding this time.” Cole cut in shaking his head hearing the guilt in my voice for wanting it. “I told you I wanted you to have everything you ever wanted now you can have what you always wanted. Why didn’t you tell me why you didn’t want a big wedding? I would’ve made Piper let us elope every time.” He sent.

You would’ve made Piper let us elope. She wanted the big wedding. I didn’t think I’d ever get my parents back so you two deserved the weddings.”

You deserved to be happy.”

I was and am happy.” I assured him lifting my lips to kiss him. He held me tighter to him when he pulled away.

So when do you want the wedding to be?” Piper asked.

I think we’re getting to be pros at wedding planning so let’s say a month?” I suggested.

Okay it’s longer than you gave me last time.”

Because I care more about this wedding than last time,” I whispered but everybody knew the real reason. I could see no way that Kalila could still hate me in a month.

Okay so the wedding is done for tonight.” Dad said and I knew the next part would be painful, “Kalila Carlyle get down here!” he yelled. She walked down and sat across the room not even looking at me. I mean usually by now I got the glare but no she didn’t even look at me. I felt a tear fall and hit Cole and he tightened his arms. I knew my thoughts were going over to him. I was in pain and it wasn’t over him so I wasn’t spending the strength to make the wall stand and he’d found a way to fight it anyway.

Suck it up you are always crying over something!” Kalila snapped at me, “You have everything so just get over yourself.”

That’s enough!!!!!” Dad yelled, “We’re sick of this. I have no idea how Piper and Leo have dealt with it this long.” He said calmer but they were in the couch beside us Leo holding Piper while she cried.

They’ve never fought like this.” Leo shook his head, “They’ve always been the best friends we’ve never been able to separate them and now you can’t get them in the same room.” He shook his head.

What’s going on, Lily?” Dad asked me.

I don’t know.” I whispered painfully. “It’s like all the things that separated us our human life that I thought she forgave me for suddenly came back like a thousand times worse because at least then I was still her…” I trailed off crying, “I was still her sister.” I cried and Cole held me tighter. Everybody looked at me sympathetically realizing that the only person I was mad at was me for all the mistakes I’d made to get her mad enough at me to cause this. I didn’t want sympathy though I wanted them to leave us alone so that I could solve it figure out what I did. Suddenly I had it though. “Come on Kalila we’re taking a trip. I did it for you once when I was ticked. Now you’re doing it for me.” I whispered. I felt Cole tense up.

You’re taking me on this trip with you, Lily.” He said and Piper tensed too figuring out exactly where I’d decided I was going by his reaction.

I don’t care as long as Kalila comes.” I sighed knowing they weren’t going to let me go back to such a traumatizing time without Cole. I would become that girl again but Kalila and Cole would get to watch what I went through from the sidelines.

Okay let’s go.” Kalila nodded, “Where do you think most of our problems started?”

We’re going back to a random time of our human life in Mexico where there was no major trauma and Cole can’t save me from something that would change our future.” I whispered and everybody nodded agreeing but Cole he wanted to save me from one of my terrors.

When are we coming back?” Kalila asked coldly.

Whenever you choose too you’re in charge of that spell when we get there.” I nodded so we went to the attic and said the familiar spell copying down the spell to get us back home for Kalila.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on February 12, 2013
Last Updated on February 12, 2013

The Past Comes Back


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell