Chapter Forty-four

Chapter Forty-four

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter 44

Hello you two.” Dad interrupted. “I know you weren’t going to kiss her. That would be breaking another rule and would be losing your ability to be close again.”

Of course not I just wanted to tell her something.” Cole said quickly.

You can tell all of us then.” Dad told him.

I guess it’s not important anymore.” He sighed.

It’s very important.” I sent tiredly.

I love you Lily-be.” He sent back with a small smile. Then he shimmered us to the cafeteria.

Did you enjoy training?” Kalila asked.

I’ll explain tonight.” I whispered and everybody looked suddenly worried realizing Cole hadn’t been giving into my obsession something had happened.

What happened?” Mom demanded.

Nothing.” I snapped leaning farther into Cole, “I think I’m ready to go back to my classroom.” I sent.

Okay.” He nodded when he’d finished the shimmer, “Are you sure you should teach?”

Of course you have the afternoon off as an assistant since apparently my afternoon classes are full of girls…”

Are you sure?”

Yes.” I nodded as people started to walk in. “Okay we are doing a basic love spell today.” I smiled at them. “The first one is to just get a little crush they’ll tell you how pretty you look but the second one that you add a potion too will have them bringing you flowers and following you around. They’ll try to get your attention and beg you to date them anything to get your love. I have the antidote so each of you will get to try each out on the lovely boy I pair you with for some of the period and then I’m told you all have to write a report on your findings. So you get twenty minutes of fun than twenty minutes of work that gives you twenty minutes to do the spell.” I nodded at the girls and they all got to work. “Okay boys…” I smiled as Cole looked up and down the line at the hottest boys in the school.

What did you do?” he sent.

It wasn’t hard to get the cutest guys to agree to be guinea pigs. It’s only fun if a hot guy chases you.” I sent back with a wink.

So that’s why I’m here?”

You are the ultimate catch in this school see watch this…” I sent with a wicked grin, “So Cole… you choose who you want to pair with…” I trailed off and suddenly every girl was out of their seat trying to get close to him and I smiled at him.

Okay Lily-be you made your point just pair us up so you can do your lesson.” Cole laughed.

Thank you.” I smiled and pointed to the prettiest girl in class. If I was making Cole go after a girl she would be pretty. “Cole.” I nodded and then continued pointing going down the line from her girl to boy; boy to girl. When I was done with that I went through and checked the potions nodding and perfecting. “Okay let’s start.” I nodded at Cole, “Just say the spell and then you can add the potion after you observe what happens.”

She said the spell. “Your hair is like gold beautiful and precious to man.” Cole told her.

Add the potion.” I said tensely and people started whispering and giggling as the jealousy was poorly hidden. I was allowed to be though he was sitting there ogling over her and begging her to date him. “Okay you’ve seen enough you can do the report. I’ve got to get the others started.” I interrupted quickly and did the antidote. I didn’t even look at Cole when he came over to me just turned to the next girl, “Go ahead and do your spell.” I said and then turned to the class, “You guys can do the spell too.” I waited a few minutes ignoring Cole knowing it wasn’t fair since he didn’t have any control over himself in the spell and I’d asked him to do it. He should have known with my jealousy problems it would be a bad idea though. After a few minutes of his pestering I said, “Go ahead and add the potions!” I knew now I’d have to walk around and monitor making sure the potions had worked right.

Lily!” Cole finally just exclaimed.

Not now Cole I’m trying to teach.” I snapped not sure if I was still jealous or embarrassed over being jealous. I started to walk around and at first I was relieved that he didn’t follow but when I looked over at him he was watching the girl I’d paired him with. I forced my issues aside and continued to pace the room barely watching until I noticed the time “Dang!” I swore, “Okay class dismissed, girls as soon as I get your guys antidote done you can leave.” I went around giving the antidote and then they left.

What about their essays?” Cole asked but I ignored him. “Lily-be…” he begged, “There’s no excuses now please talk to me. It was the spell and potion that had me acting that way.”

Oh really and after I gave you the antidote?” I snapped, “Was that look you were giving her after the antidote still the spell and potion?” I whispered and I knew I’d made the mistake and let the hurt show even though I was ticked too. He hadn’t looked at me like that not since we’d gotten together. He’d not once looked at me like a man with a crush. He never even looked at me like he thought I was pretty it was like he didn’t notice. He had noticed with Jessica though. (I had went and looked up her name.) I wanted to see that look again I didn’t just want to be loved I wanted to feel beautiful too. I wanted him to look at me like the boys in the hallway did. I didn’t care if that was greedy or selfish.

Lily…?” he asked as the class started to pour in and then it was time to start before he could trap me into talking or make anybody leave.

Okay so girls here are your guys.” I gestured to the line but Cole moved away when I continued to look for him. I guess he’d finally figured out that this had been a bad idea. “Oh and since we have a boy in this class I thought I’d volunteer to let him have fun and use the spell on me. It works both ways and it will even work on somebody as powerful as me.” I smiled at him. Then I turned and pointed to Cole, “Cole here will give each of us the antidote if anything goes wrong or when it’s time to do the essays.” I smiled and started pairing people again finally moving to the boy. “Okay just wait to do the spell until I get everybody else in the potion phase.” I told him and he nodded eagerly. “Okay you guys say the spell.” I instructed and they all did. I waited a couple minutes then said, “Give the potion.” Then I nodded to my guy and he started. I found myself suddenly telling him all kinds of compliments and then I took the potion and it all got worse. I expected it to end soon just like I’d ended Cole’s but no it lasted the entire twenty minutes and when I got the antidote I looked around realizing Cole still didn’t even look at me with the eyes that every other male in the school did.

Good job, Sam.” I smiled at him.

Thank you, Professor Carlyle.” He gushed.

No just Lily.” I shook my head. I realized I had one more class to make Cole realize what my huge problem was. I sat in the huge chair in the front of the room ignoring everything Cole tried to ask me. “Class dismissed, sit your essays up on the desk if you’re done... if you’re not we’ll finish them tomorrow.” I said tensely and I knew everybody knew Cole and I were fighting. Most of the girls after watching me watch Cole watch Jessica in the last class understood exactly why though. Cole didn’t get thoughts here though everybody had their minds blocked in one way or another.

Lily we’re talking.” Cole said and I looked up to see he’d closed the door on the class.

Why’d you block the next class?” I asked.

You don’t have another class it’s a free period.”

I don’t need a free period but since I have one I’m going to go talk to Mom.” I snapped at him.

What’s wrong Lily?”

You!” I yelled, “You are what’s wrong!!” I finished and the door opened but Kalila started to leave again realizing Cole and I were actually vocally fighting now. “No Kali I’m leaving.” I snapped.

No you’re not!” Cole snapped, “We need to talk.”

No you need to stop looking at other girls in ways you haven’t looked at me in for a hundred years.” I snapped and pushed past him and Kalila both. They both looked at me shocked like they hadn’t realized I had it in me to be so hurt over something like this after so much in my life. “I’m taking your car Kali!” I yelled.

Come here, baby.” Mom whispered opening her arms and she was the only one that looked like she understood how I could feel like this. I ran into them and felt the tears start to fall as she led me away from Kalila and Cole.

It hurts Mommy.” I whispered, “I could handle it when he just didn’t look at me like that but then…” I trailed off painfully.

But then…?” she asked.

He looked at Jessica even after I’d ended the spell with those eyes. The ones that you can just look at and see that he thinks she’s beautiful…”

You can look into Cole’s and see how much he loves you.” Kalila whispered coming in.

It’s not enough.” I shook my head, “I know it’s being selfish and greedy but I want him to tell me I’m pretty. I want him to stare at me like that again. I want that look he used to give me the very first time we imprinted. When he’d look at me for hours and I’d have to look away because his stare was too much. When he’d pull my face back, though, because he couldn’t get enough of it.” I felt the tears fall harder as I admitted the most painful thing. “I thought I’d get it back when we almost lost each other for good but I didn’t... not really. Sure we both hold the love dearer and I think I’m even more aware of his beauty if that was even possible but…” I trailed off and swallowed, “He doesn’t even think I’m pretty anymore. He likes light haired girls; girls with hair that looks like gold.”

He loves girls like you.” Mom whispered sympathetically. “Kalila, go get Cole.”

No!” I argued but she was already gone. “Why?” I whispered.

You deserve to hear from Cole what I know for a fact. You shouldn’t have to have me explain it to you or convince you of it.” She shook her head.

Of what?” I asked confused.

You’ll see.” She promised and then Cole came in and wrapped his arms around me but my tears came harder when I saw something in his eyes. I reached up to touch his face and he covered my hand with his.

You are beautiful, Lily-be. You are the most beautiful woman in this world and I never want you to forget that.” He whispered not moving any closer and when I started to he pulled me back farther away. When I frowned he smiled and said, “Now that you brought it to my attention I have neglected to enjoy the wonderful view that I hold in my arms…I want to enjoy it more.”

You can enjoy it in a second I promise.” I compromised.

You are the one that said you missed this.” Kalila laughed.

And I did.” I smiled maneuvering around Cole’s hands to his lips. I sighed into them enjoying the different feel of the kiss when he remembered to be attracted to me too and not just love me. When he remembered I wanted both our kisses were so much better and it was obvious he was remembering the same thing because he was pulling me tighter to him.

Okay you two aren’t even supposed to be able to kiss!” Mom interrupted and Cole pulled away slowly. I started to put my head in his chest but he put his hand on my chin and held it out so he could look at me and I smiled laughing as I remembered our deal. Eventually his finger started to run over my face and instead of the thoughts of how much he loved me it was thoughts of how beautiful I was and each feature of me.

What is everybody doing in here?” Leo asked confused as him and Dad walked in and I looked out the window to see it was late and then looked at Kalila and Mom to find them just as distracted with what was happening as Cole and I were.

Relaxing and just sitting here.” Mom said knowing that I didn’t want to bring up the fight.

It’s nice to see you two made up.” Dad said.

You shouldn’t believe rumors.” I shrugged but leaned back on Cole happily.

Okay.” Leo nodded sarcastically but Cole just ignored them and shimmered us home.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on February 12, 2013
Last Updated on February 12, 2013
Tags: vampire, Lilybelle, Carlyle, love, past

The Past Comes Back


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell