Chapter forty-two

Chapter forty-two

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter 42

I knew the exact day his had jumped and I suddenly realized more than anybody else just how tightly our powers were bound together. Cole would realize sooner rather than later what I had done and I just hoped that when I’d multiplied our powers I hadn’t made his demon half just as strong. My decision suddenly sounded like the worst decision in my life. I jumped out of my seat and ran out of the room knowing everybody was looking at Cole’s confused face because as soon as he’d told me when his powers had expanded I’d blocked my entire mind with the biggest wall I’d ever even imagined. Nobody could ever know what I’d done and I had to get home and figure out how to change it.

I jumped in Kalila’s car after leaving a note in our locker telling her I was going hunting and I’d taken her car. I knew they’d all figure out the lie easily since I’d taken her car to go hunting but I didn’t care I wasn’t thinking of a better lie. I had to get home. I went straight to the attic and I started in the book I found the spell but I didn’t like the warning I found at the bottom that I’d neglected to read. ‘You can’t reverse multiplying spells. This is a very high multiplying spell be sure you know what you are doing.’ I had to be able to reverse it though. I was the strongest, most powerful witch/vampire in history. That warning couldn’t apply to me. I decided to write my own spell.

When I was done I said it but I could still feel the power and I knew it hadn’t worked. The warning just kept repeating in my head. I looked at the clock and realized everybody would be home soon.

I told them I’d be hunting.” I shrugged so I said my simple transporting spell and sent myself to the waterfall that Cole had taken me too. I always came here to work on getting a handle on all of my powers and now I knew that was my only hope. If my spell had also made Cole’s demon half one hundred times more powerful then I had to learn to use my powers because it was guaranteed the demon would. I didn’t realize that Cole had shimmered in until he wrapped his arms around me in the middle of me trying to control where I put my fire.

Cole!” I jumped.

What’s going on, Lily?” Cole asked.

I have to learn to control them.” I whispered looking away.

Lily-be…” he whispered painfully, “Please do not tell me you did what I think you are about to tell me you did.”

I knew about the multiplying spells before Mom mentioned them.” I whispered.

The five comment was not because it took you one hundred years was it?” he asked closing his eyes.

No and our sudden increase of powers is not natural.” I looked away from him again as a tear fell. “I didn’t want it this strong though, Cole. I just got way too obsessed. I knew if you or any of them found out they’d make me stop. I found that spell while I was studying and without thinking I cast it. I found out though that I still couldn’t freeze you.” I was crying too hard but I knew he was getting the story from my mind mostly anyway, “Your power boost came when mine came. Our powers our connected more than anyone knows. Cole I’m scared…” I whispered.

It is okay, Lily-be.” He whispered, “We’ll get them under control and nobody has to know.”

No… what if I made your demon half a hundred times stronger too.” I whispered.

A hundred times?” he asked.

The spell.”

No wonder you were mad your parents only needed to be multiplied by five.”

Do you have any idea how hard it is for me to learn to control my powers without you especially when they jump one hundred times in a second?”

No I don’t. You should have told me.”

I thought you’d go all demon and kill me.”

Never Lily-be. I might get mad but never will I do that.”

Are we really not going to tell Piper or Mom?”

No.” he shook his head, “This is our business. You have two weeks and then you’ll be fighting again. That will make it easier to keep your emotions under control and the powers are tied to that and I’ll just have to stay with you.” He smiled and then he kissed me.

Umm… how did you get away with coming alone?” I asked when he moved to my neck.

We were fighting that meant we wouldn’t be kissing. We are supposed to come straight back as soon as everything is solved.”

Straight back got it.” I nodded pulling on his face, “Come here it’s been a long day.” I smiled and he let me have his lips back with a laugh but his kisses told me he’d found it just as hard to be forbidden to kiss me for even a day after we’d given into the pull of the imprint.

Looks like you two aren’t fighting.” Leo said beside us.

We are too.” I argued as Cole pulled his lips away, “I hate you Cole.” I said.

I hate you too, Lily.” He said.

Nice try get up and we’re going home. Lily you are coming with me I don’t trust you shimmering with Cole.”

Ugh.” I sighed as Cole pulled me up but I kissed him lovingly once more, “I love you.” I whispered.

Love you too.” He promised before handing me to Leo slowly. We both knew it was the last time I’d be in his arms until we found some way to get away from everybody before the wedding.

Lily, go sit by Kalila.” Leo ordered.

Where’d you find them?” Piper asked sitting by Mom.

Waterfall making out of course.” Leo sighed.

It’s the week of our wedding and you guys banned us from kissing or now even touching.” I whined gesturing widely not sure what to even say. I felt Cole’s shimmer again though and smiled at him.

What are you doing?” Leo ordered.

Nothing!” I yelled, “He’s doing nothing!” I stalked out of the room knowing I’d lost my temper over nothing but it was so much easier to handle all of my powers when I was fighting. When I was in mine and Kalila’s room I felt an entire shimmer around me and I let my hands run through it even though it wasn’t really a solid thing. “Thank you.” I sent Cole.

I love you.” Was his simple reply as his shimmer remained around me. I knew that staying in a shimmer wore him out and a couple times I complained that he was doing it but he made it clear he was staying until I didn’t need him. When I was better I stood up but before I could walk out of the room I felt his shimmer overtake me and I appeared in the living room on his lap.

I think I like this spot.” I whispered with my head in his lap.

You know the…” Mom started.

What if…?” I interrupted begging and I took a deep breath unable to believe I was about to agree to their stupid rules, “Can I stay in his lap if we promise to follow the stupid no kissing rule?” I begged and his arms tightened. His shimmer had done me over though I knew I couldn’t go through the week without exploding if I didn’t at least have him to hold me and he couldn’t very well stick to a shimmer the whole week.

Yes.” Dad nodded, “See it’s all about compromise.”

It’s all about taking everything from me until I just give in.” I murmured, “I wish I could freeze them.”

I know you do.” Cole whispered lovingly in my ear and kissed my head.

That’s a kiss.” Dad said.

Compromise with us.” I urged, “Remember it’s all about compromise. I could have him shimmering us to a chapel.”

You keep talking that way and your inch will be taken away.” Piper warned.

She was always the child you give an inch and she took the mile.” Mom laughed.

Whatever I was always good.” I smiled leaning farther into Cole.

Yeah right I was the good child.” Kalila laughed.

No you were the partner in crime.” Dad laughed.

Sounds like now.” Leo laughed.

No I get in plenty of trouble by myself now.” I corrected and then realized what I’d said, “I mean no I’m still good now.”

Forget it Lily-be you ruined it.” Cole laughed squeezing me and I sighed thinking back to all the trouble this year that I’d been caught for and all of it that I was still waiting to be caught for. I shivered at all that was waiting for me and a year was so short. I thought of a year like a human thought of a month or week.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on February 12, 2013
Last Updated on February 12, 2013
Tags: vampire, Lilybelle, Carlyle, love, past

The Past Comes Back


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell