Chapter Twenty-eight

Chapter Twenty-eight

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter 28

You two open up!” Piper’s yell came through the door as I put my polo on.

I’m ready.” I sighed rolling my eyes at Cole when he looked at me questioningly. He opened the door and she came straight in looking at my things evilly.

These are getting moved out tonight.” She ordered, “You two know you don’t move in together until after you are married.”

So we could get married after school today and then we wouldn’t have to go through the hassle of moving everything into another room.” I said.

It wasn’t too hard for Cole to move them in.”

It’s easier to move in then find a place to move them out and into.” He pointed out.

What do you mean out and into?”

She’s not moving back into her old room not after yesterday.” I moved over into Cole’s arms as the conversation went from annoying to painful.

Can we talk about this after school?” I begged.

Of course.” He promised, “You don’t even have to be there for the conversation you can study during it.” He whispered kissing me.

Thank you.” I sighed glad I had a ‘get out of jail free’ card if I wanted, or needed, it. “So which classes do we have together?”

We have kickboxing and History of magic and some of our basics.” He promised.

It’s going to be fun to kick your butt.” I smiled and jumped up but then instead of doing the roundhouse I was aiming for I stayed in the air, “Help please!” I begged kind of freaking out but then he started to grab me and I realized it could be fun and I decided to try and control it so I finished my kick making sure I wouldn’t hit him. “Cool!!!!!!” I yelled. “New power alert!!!!!”

I want that power.” Cole said as I floated down. “I think that’s the quickest you’ve learned to control one.”

I’ve always been good at kickboxing this one is directly related to it.” I smiled happily.

Oh kickboxing power try it out on Cole.” Madison said.

She did.” Cole laughed and I nodded.

Want to see?!” I asked excitedly, “I think I’ve got it totally figured out.”

Okay let me back up some and go.” Poppy said but suddenly I didn’t feel like it Kalila didn’t come to see my cool new power that went along with my favorite hobby. I just shook my head and Cole looked around and nodded moving to hold me when everybody else looked around they knew exactly what was wrong too.

She left early this morning… went to the airport. All I know is her ticket cost way more than your ticket to Mexico did.” Madison told me.

Piper I’m so sorry but you’re going to have three late the first day.” I whispered, “Cole I need you to blink me to my birthplace.” He nodded and took me there we were suddenly on the streets of Japan and I saw Kalila on a bench. We’d changed our names when we’d moved to Mexico so that we wouldn’t be found. “Kali?” I asked she looked at me but turned away again and I knew we were still fighting. “At least tell me whether you’re going to come home soon so I can tell Piper… don’t worry Cole’s moving my room so you won’t have to deal with me.”

I’ll be home soon. Thank you, Cole. It’s a relief not to have to deal with the girl that took over my dead sister’s body. My twin would never have been a mistress.” I had known our human life that my job had come between us but I thought that had been over after we changed I didn’t understand again and I felt tears fall as I turned into Cole’s chest and he blinked us home.

I thought those feelings were gone. I thought my decisions from when I was human were behind us. I thought she’d forgiven me for being a mistress not that she’d just been hiding it because I was powerful. Cole she thinks of me as dead.” I moaned painfully and he held me tighter he couldn’t say anything to fix this and he knew it we both knew there was nothing to fix this.

Just in time it’s time to go to school.” Piper smiled when we got home. “Well where’s Kalila?”

Japan.” I said and they laughed.

She’s not joking.” Cole said harshly.

What happened?” Madison asked softly and I knew she felt guilty for whatever did because she’d told me whatever I’d needed to know where to go.

They have deep seated issues they need to work out that neither has wanted to face.” Was all he told them and then started to blink.

You two are still going to school it could be good for Lily.” Leo interrupted it.

Or it could be…” Cole started.

Leo’s right school will be good.” I whispered and Cole sighed knowing I just didn’t want another family fight going on not when it looked like mine and Kalila’s was going to be going on for a while.

Okay we’ll go to school but if you and Piper aren’t letting Lily-be move into my room you better have her stuff in my room and my stuff in the room next door and Lindsey’s moved into her old room.” Cole warned acidly.

What happened in Japan?” Piper asked desperately.

Nothing!” I snapped.

We know something happened.” Poppy told me softly.

Fine it’s nothing that’s any of your business.” I said softer, “Now I’m going to school and I’m going to beat the crap out of some bag in kickboxing.” I pulled on Cole and he pulled me closer before walking out and just blinking us to school. We walked into the crowds but then Leo walked up to us.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on February 12, 2013
Last Updated on February 12, 2013

The Past Comes Back


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell