Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter 2

The new kid is like you?” Veronica asked and Cole, Kalila, and I all turned our eyes on her.

You’ve already heard about them?” I asked.

It’s a guy.” She shrugged and I smiled.

Tell me all about him.” I smiled a little wider knowing she would all too happily tell me wanting to set me up so that I could double with her and Cole. I swear it was as if she did not know that their relationship hurt me.

Okay he has brown hair…”

Not that type of stuff.” I shook my head as our last three siblings that still came to school got here.

So you got the same vibe?” Ethan asked me.

Yeah and a new guy is enrolling in the office V was just giving me all the details.” Ethan was always the next most observant about vampires I was only the most because of the boost of power it gave me. Everybody was silent staring at me though. “What?” I asked.

You haven’t called me V in six months.” Veronica whispered and I looked up at Cole he was not supposed to know the exact months then he would know the exact day mine and Veronica’s relationship went to the rocks but I was going to save it. Six months ago was the day he had told me that he had imprinted with Veronica. Until then I had been dealing okay with the whole him dating around thing I could deal with that but imprinting with my best friend and it still not breaking my imprint with him was too much for me. I had not told Kalila about me still being imprinted with Cole even though he imprinted on somebody else she thought I was dealing with the imprint breaking so now our relationship was on the rocks too. I only had one relationship standing strong and that was because she was too far away for Cole to read her thoughts.

Well it must have just slipped my mind.” I tried to shrug it off but everybody was still staring at me, “Look can we please concentrate we have bigger matters.” I snapped, but I made the mistake and my voice cracked and I felt the familiar push on my mind. I decided to try once again to send a thought without letting him in. ‘I’m not letting you in and we can’t talk right now.’ I sent. I felt everybody’s stare again as Cole’s surprise was tangible in the air his pull became harder though so I sent a quick snarl and everybody backed up realizing for some reason I was in a bad mood, an extremely bad mood.

Vampire?” Kalila asked.

Let’s go to the office.” I smiled sarcastically but then marched off towards the office.

Hey Lily?” Madison, Ethan’s love and a vampire like Kalila and me, asked.

Yes?” I asked softly showing that I was going to try to get my temper under control.

Where were you so late last night?” Poppy, a vampire like Cole and our last sibling still in school, finished.

If I wanted to tell you I’d tell you.” I sighed which was what I told them a lot when I came in at five in the morning. I probably should have told them I was hunting but it happened too much for hunting. I went away a lot lately and since I was not supposed to pass out it did not really matter just curious to them they would have thought I had a boyfriend if I was not still so silent and unlike myself. I was really always at mine and Cole’s old home the one from his last life or one of his past lives it made me remember the times he loved me I’d spend time in our room or the room of our child and I’d cry as all the memories came of what had changed everything.

What are we going to do?” Ethan asked as I felt Cole’s worried stare and when I looked in the office window I realized I’d let my face show my emotions at where my memories had gone I fixed it quickly letting the anger come back to cover it.

Well it looks like he’s having trouble with the secretary so I’m going to help him.” I smiled and walked in. I walked right up to the counter and wrapped my arm around his shoulder feeling the control I now had over him come but I did not want to use it, “Do you need help?” I asked and saw his shock when he realized exactly what I was and he followed my nod back to my siblings and Veronica.

I think I’ve got it I’m sure I’m more powerful than you.” He smiled and I laughed when I looked at Cole I saw he was laughing and realized he was reading his thoughts. We caught each other’s eyes and his told me to have some fun so I smiled. For the first time since he had turned fifteen things seemed almost normal he was not even standing close to Veronica all of his attention was on me.

If you are so much more powerful than me than I’ll stand back and you can register yourself but just wave me over when you’d like help. I’ll get you to class before the first bell rings.”

That’s two minutes.”

In counting.”

Okay.” He challenged.

Mrs. Hicks?” I asked letting the power travel.

Yes Ms. Carlyle how may I help you?” I already saw the man’s eyes turn to respectful and I had just gotten started.

Can you get…?” I turned to him, “I need your name.”

Benjamin Dryden.”

Can you get Benjamin Dryden registered for class?”

Of course.” She smiled and handed me the forms, which I handed to him, “Do you have the necessary forms?” Ben’s eyes became victorious as the clock started to get closer to time.

You already have those forms.” I said innocently letting a little more power leak through but still not even started.

Of course I do you’re right.” She nodded and Ben nodded this time acknowledging I was more powerful. He handed her the forms.

Give him the same schedule as Cole it will be easier.” I told Mrs. Hicks and she just got Cole’s schedule and copied it.

Anything else?”

I need a new hall pass.”

For?”

Everything you know the one I can use whenever I need it for whatever go ahead and make me eight so everybody has one.” My ultimate use of power, still not even delving into my power, though, for him in the office just showing off now, she wrote out eight hall passes signing them with the principal’s stamp for an anything pass. She handed everything to me and then we walked out of the office and I smiled a little everybody knew I enjoyed using my powers a little too much. I was one of the most powerful female vampires in the world and Cole was one of the most powerful male vampires but for some reason he did not like to use it as much.

Have fun?” Cole smiled at me.

Yes I did lots. Here’s your hall pass and here is your schedule and hall pass.” I smiled a little smugly as I handed them to Ben and everybody laughed knowing his challenge had pulled me out of my bad mood.

Aww... dang you have to go Lily Mr. D-Day’s going to have your leg if you’re late.” Kalila said.

Just have her use her compulsion it’s the strongest I’ve seen.” Ben told them.

Aww... don’t flatter me.” I smiled and flipped my hair everybody laughed never having seen me so happy at least not since Cole and I had broken up.

Her compulsion doesn’t work as well on him she’s used it too much he’s developed a resistance.” Cole said.

Don’t speak such.” I growled frowning again.

I’m sorry Lily I’ll never say it again. Nobody can build a resistance from powers as strong as yours.” Cole said wrapping his arms around me and I felt myself relaxing into them, as I would have before when he was imprinted with me.

You’re right they can’t.” I pulled away, “But I’ve got to get to class because I think Piper and Leo might kill us if we get expelled.” I laughed and pulled on Kalila to come to class. When we were far enough to where he would not hear she pulled me to a stop.

You’re still imprinted.” She accused and I just nodded sadly and pulled away so that I could walk into the room. I knew she’d figured it out from the hug.

You’re late.” Mr. D-day told me before I could sit.

Sorry.” I sighed.

What’s your excuse?”

Well I have a new pass.” I tried handing it to him but he just ripped it up.

You know I don’t accept your bribed passes from the secretary now give me your excellent excuse or go to the principal and be expelled this time.”

Okay the truth is Cole, Kali, V, Ethan, Madison, Poppy, and I were helping a new student finish registering and figure out their schedule so that they could get to class.” I told him.

The whole welcoming committee…” the class started to whisper. We were commonly called the welcoming committee because we made sure that new vampires were gone soon if we couldn’t control them so if a person was cool enough to get us they were respected by the school and everybody watched their step just like everybody watched their step with us.

So you were helping somebody so they wouldn’t be late and it took all of your siblings and it was so important you had to be late?” Mr. D-day asked.

No you see that’s the best part of the story.” I smiled trying to use my powers knowing it would not work.

Oh the best part!” he exclaimed sarcastically proving once again how much he hated me. I really hated sitting in history though I had lived through all of this and it was much more interesting than he was born and he made it boring. If he taught, as he hated me class would be interesting.

Yes see I left him with Cole and V so that I could try to be here on time but I was just thirty seconds late.”

Just thirty seconds huh?” he asked and I realized my mistake.

Maybe it would help if you called Benjamin and he told you his side and how confused he’d been.” I said desperately. I could not be expelled if I was expelled then Piper would use it as an excuse to send everybody to a vampire/witch school. If the school did not use it as an excuse to expel everybody else too and she just sent us there to give us a school. Then my mind would explode from the expansion of power everybody knew I had problems controlling the powers I had. Only Cole knew just how bad it could get, though, that is why our houses were always in the middle of nowhere. My control was even worse now that I did not have him, but I did not let anybody know that. I did not let anybody know that I used the bear daily now.

Are you paying attention to a word I’m saying?” Mr. D-day asked me angrily.

I’m sorry.” I whispered.

Mr. Dryden is on his way.” He said in disgust. “The way you are headed though you’ll still be heading to the office afterwards.” I felt a little of my power slip and he let out a scream as Ben walked in and thanks to the distraction I got back under control and let my power out on the board.

He’s hot…” the class started to whisper. “Are they going out?” they wondered with as close as he was standing to me.

Why are you concentrating on the board?” he whispered in my ear.

I’m trying not to decapitate you.” I snapped at him and he backed up some realizing I had powers he did not know of.

Mr. Dryden was Ms. Carlyle…” Mr. D-Day’s voice snarled a little on my name even, “… with you this morning?”

Yes she was very kindly helping me register.” He said but Mr. D-day yelped again as my eyes found him.

Oops.” I whispered where only Ben would hear.

Snap out of it Lily. You’re a good vampire not evil.” He snapped and it broke my concentration on how Mr. D-day was going to expel me and my family and I collapsed into Ben.

Thank you.” I whispered into his ear.

Do you need something?” he asked.

Blood and quick.” I admitted.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on February 12, 2013
Last Updated on February 12, 2013
Tags: vampire, Lilybelle, Carlyle, love, past

The Past Comes Back


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell