Chapter Thirty-five

Chapter Thirty-five

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter 35

Do the spell please I can’t live this twice.” I begged and Cole came out from hiding to hold me I knew he’d woken past Kalila up. I felt better in his arms though and then suddenly we were back to our right time and I sighed hugging both of them to me before I just collapsed onto the attic floor.

Are you okay?” They asked worriedly together.

I was so much stronger back then.” I whispered as the tears fell and they sat beside me both of them holding me.

You had to be now you have a family to protect you instead of you having to protect your family.” Kalila whispered. “You deserve to be a little weaker.”

I’m so sorry for what I had to do with Jonathon.” I whispered to Cole.

No I’m sorry for what you had to do with him.” He shook his head and I stuck mine in his chest but then I jerked up and he looked worried until he saw my smile.

Kali, we’re getting married in a month!”

Lil that’s against the law now.” She laughed.

No not me and you, me and Cole.” I laughed with her though and Cole sent her a grateful glance for making me laugh again. I hugged Kalila again and then asked, “Will you be my maid of honor?”

I’d kill you if you let anybody else.”

I’d like to see you try to kill me.” I laughed, “You’re not even allowed in the school gym anymore. Booth outlawed it.”

I know now how am I supposed to meet you after school.”

Simple I’ll tell him we made up.” I shrugged.

So you and Booth are close?”

He said a fighter like me isn’t a student they’re a friend.”

Did he also say they go on dates with him?” she asked looking at Cole and raising an eyebrow.

Everybody knows Cole and I are together.” I shook my head. “I want to get to school early though so I can practice.”

He beat you bad?”

Every single fight we had he beat me I didn’t have a chance.”

Wow something new I’ve really got to see that.”

I don’t think I want you too you might ask him to teach you to fight and what if kickboxing is one of our shared powers?”

Oh I could beat you!”

No you couldn’t.” I shook my head, “There’s only one person in this world that can beat me at fighting and he’s getting his butt kicked today now that I’m not angry anymore.” I smiled eagerly and they laughed as I got up and levitated to just the right height and tried to fight.

It might take a few more days, love.” Cole smiled.

No because I have a free period to fill and time before and after school I will beat him.” I declared walking out of the room.

Seeing as Lily’s back to being obsessed with having her pride squashed by Professor Stridden her and Kalila are good?” Ethan laughed.

Yeah,” Cole nodded chuckling.

I’d watch it I can still easily give anybody in this house a butt kicking and it would make me feel so much better about myself again.” I smiled easily as I levitated to kick.

Too high.” Cole told me and I groaned coming back down.

I hate you.” I told him.

Just helping you get to where you can beat Professor Stridden sooner. I want my lovely fiancé back.”

Well I’ve got to go practice.” I said pulling away from his kiss and everybody looked at us in surprise but he wasn’t. We both remembered perfectly when I was first learning kickboxing and I started to win then I lost for the first time. I got obsessed with training and I would stay obsessed thinking of nothing else until I won. “Mind to give me a lift to a less breakable place?” I asked.

Use the school gym.” Leo told us and Cole nodded wrapping his arms around me. When we landed in the school gym I smiled and went to the school punching bags knowing Cole wouldn’t volunteer to help me.

What did I tell you about training?” a voice said coming in through a door.

There wasn’t anybody here to help me train and I’m not angry anymore.” I smiled happily at Booth.

You’re happier than you were when you first walked into class.”

Let’s just say I had some issues I needed to work out with Kali for a long time that we’d been avoiding.”

You confronted them?”

Yes and now everything is perfect.” I smiled.

Then take off all your jewelry. You forgot that when you changed into practice clothes.”

She never changed out of them.” Cole complained as I handed him my engagement ring and my mother’s cross. I wondered if she’d ever recognize it as the jewelry that had gone missing from the house.

It’s one of the things you love about me admit it!” I called from the mat but he just shook his head as Booth and I started on our closest fight yet. I didn’t levitate until the end, that’s when the scales tipped, and he threw me unto the mat.

You trusted your instincts until you thought it was getting too close.” Booth chastised, “Always trust your instincts. If they tell you to stay on the ground, you stay on the ground. Just because you have a power does not mean you use it. That is the most important lesson you will ever learn.”

What trust my instincts or not to use a power just because I have it?” I asked confused.

They are tied.” He nodded starting another fight.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on February 12, 2013
Last Updated on February 12, 2013

The Past Comes Back


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell