Chapter Five

Chapter Five

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter 5

I know Veronica told you what happened.” Cole finally just said when he had tried unsuccessfully to send the thoughts.

She did.” I said in Latin knowing nobody else in the class knew the language.

And?” he asked seeming to know I was not going to let us speak with our thoughts.

You shouldn’t tell a girl that you are imprinted just so I’ll move on faster.” I said continuing in Latin but my voice broke.

Lily-be…” he started and I turned my head away from him not wanting to hear it. Suddenly the class froze around us and I jumped up.

Why did you just use your powers?!” I yelled he always yelled at me for showing off that I had tons of powers way more than any vampire needed but he could use them anytime he wanted.

Because you wouldn’t listen to me.”

Then what do you want to say?!” I yelled, “How else are you going to hurt me?” I whispered I had not meant for it to come out but then a tear fell and I turned from him again knowing my anger was fading and my vulnerability was coming out loud and clear. He wrapped his arms around me tightly turning me so my face was in his chest. “Cole.” I said quickly tensing after a couple seconds.

Now what’s wrong?” he asked worriedly.

There’s more. Vampires. Hallway.”

I sense them.” He nodded when his overwhelming ability to read minds was not in the way he was as talented as me and Ethan at recognizing when vampires were close. “It’s Lindsay and Austin.” He told me relaxing and tightening his arms but I pulled away and went to my seat.

I’m about to be expelled wake these people up before we’re caught.” I sent him but I smiled a little as I let it come through.

You little troublemaker won’t get me sent to some vampire school.” He sent and I smiled a little more as I got his thoughts of hopefulness at me opening up just a little to him once again. I felt a little of my fear reach him though and made the wall go right back up remembering why I’d stopped all conversations through our minds he’d gotten too much of my feelings. Now he knew how scared I was that he was just going to hurt me again if I let him in anymore.

Ms. Carlyle… Mr. Addison you two are checking out.” The teacher told us.

Yes sir.” I said still looking at how sad Cole was. I walked out with him and into the office and immediately Lindsey grabbed me into a hug even though she knew nobody, especially vampires, were supposed to touch me it gave me way too much power. She did not know though that I had had human blood today. I had learned to control the power boost last decade on animal blood but on human blood everything was so much stronger anyway that when she touched me I swayed and caught myself on the chair.

Are you okay?” Cole’s thoughts came and I could not block it.

I’ll be fine just too much…” I trailed off as the office staff started to touch me and it just got worse.

Here I’ve got her.” Cole shook his head at them and Austin and Lindsey’s eyes flashed realizing what had happened with me today and wanting to know what had happened to us today. Cole picked me up making it where all the hands had to fall off and little by little the affects faded away as I relaxed into his arms he carried me out of the room and back into English where we’d just left I just shook my head when everybody but Ben this time froze.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on February 12, 2013
Last Updated on February 12, 2013
Tags: vampire, Lilybelle, Carlyle, love, past

The Past Comes Back


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell