127 Nations to Possibly Dissect From FIFA

127 Nations to Possibly Dissect From FIFA

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following articles highlight the process of Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) and their demise from the governance of international football and the rise of Global Futbol.

"

August 2010

127 Nations to Possibly Dissect From FIFA

A motion by 127 nations has been put forward to disassociate from FIFA’s hierarchy. For months now, many formers players and FIFA staff have discussed the corruption that permeates through FIFA. Possible charges against members of the Executive Committee arise on a weekly basis. 

 

Hans Frummel, chief of staff of Germany’s football body, calls the possible venture a ‘dissection’ from all things corrupt. 

 

“We need to distance world football from FIFA. How we do this has to be very strategic, while not allowing FIFA to ban players simply for taking a stand with their national sporting body.”

 

Germany seems to be at the forefront of the campaign, with key figures in England and Brazil leading the charge behind the scenes.

 

Nations have already begun the process of competing in underage non-FIFA matches, with the possibility of minor tournaments to take place in late November and early February of 2011. Negotiations are in effect whether the matches that have been played prior will account towards rankings.

 

The effects on players, coaches and sponsorship are the major ramifications of such a venture. FIFA will likely impose sanctions on players who play in these games. Sanctions could include financial restrictions, or worse, disallow players to compete for their club. Sponsors with a tight affiliation to FIFA will withdraw or withhold sponsorship payment from players who join the breakaway. This could potentially affect the future of so many up-and-coming players.

 

The national boards of Germany, England and the USA (others may follow suit) will take their case to the players’ associations, for they know this could have long lasting effects. 

 

After an arrangement has been settled, regular programming of underage (U17 and U20) international games will begin. 

 

The venture anticipates backlash from FIFA. 

 

“We may have to compromise and meet the future demands of FIFA,” said an English FA inside source.

One idea is to include in the initial games of the new venture showcases supported by a field of youngsters and older players whose club careers may not be affected. 

 

“If older players are allowed, the contests will resemble more that of the Olympic format,’ said Hans Frummel from the German association yesterday. ‘Using older, well-known players to stay and ‘coach’ the youngsters may entice some underage players to secede from FIFA and join this new format.”

 

Time will tell if the quality of these alternate teams remains as high as FIFA’s undoubtedly superior standard. 

 

With financial backing, FIFA will seek to undermine the new venture. Sources inside FIFA suggest they may pour extra money into the U17, U20 and Futsal/Beach Soccer formats of the game to keep players from switching teams.

 

Ricardo Teixeira, president of the Brazilian football confederation and vocal opposer to the venture, chuckled when asked of Brazilian football’s attempt to break from FIFA. 

 

“We will not see a new organisation take over FIFA. FIFA’s history and mighty effort to grow football across the globe means it will always be at the centre of football. Brazil will never become part of the venture while I am president.”



© 2018 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on June 9, 2018
Last Updated on June 9, 2018

Global Futbol


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing