Corruption Charges Possible in FIFA Circles - December 2nd, 2010

Corruption Charges Possible in FIFA Circles - December 2nd, 2010

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following articles highlight the process of Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) and their demise from the governance of international football and the rise of Global Futbol.

"

December 2nd, 2010

Corruption Charges Possible in FIFA Circles

Ricardo Teixeira, the president of the Brazilian football confederation, is stepping down after corruption charges have been laid on him by the very confederation he has overseen since 1989. Andrew Jennings revealed on his BBC program, Panorama, allegations of taking bribes for TV rights to the World Cup in the 1990s. 

 

While part of the FIFA Executive Committee with Nicolas Leoz and Issa Hayatou, Jennings proposed they received bribes from a marketing partner of FIFA, International Sports and Leisure. 

 

It is unclear if Teixeira was pushed out as Brazilian officials are at the forefront of the new footballing regime. The structure of the new venture will be revealed as it is launched in the coming days in direct competition with FIFA. 

 

If the CBF is behind the stepping down of Teixeira, it highlights their intentions. Their aim is to eradicate all threads of corruption before their embarkation on ceding from FIFA.



© 2018 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on June 9, 2018
Last Updated on June 9, 2018

Global Futbol


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing