(GFWC Match 31) Three Goals and Three Yellow Cards for Ecuador in Win over Libya

(GFWC Match 31) Three Goals and Three Yellow Cards for Ecuador in Win over Libya

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following articles highlight the process of Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) and their demise from the governance of international football and the rise of Global Futbol.

"

June 24th, 2018 (GFWC Match 31)

Three Goals and Three Yellow Cards for Ecuador in Win over Libya

Ecuador 3-0 Libya

 

Ecuador has recorded their second World Cup win after three second-half goals against Libya, with the pressure also bringing three yellow cards for the South Americans.

 

Libya had some early chances as they tried to salvage points after losing 2-0 to Costa Rica in their first game. Dominguez blocked their first two shots, the only ones on target, easily. 

 

Libya’s third attempt started with a great cross by Elhouni, only for Zubya’s hectic volley to fly away from goal.

 

Ecuador worked their way into the game, and nearing the half hour mark had a solid chance. Martinez broke free of his marker and passed the ball to Larrea instead of shooting. Goalkeeper Nashnoush was too quick and smothered the ball before Lerrea had a chance to score.

 

Zubya had Libya’s best chance when Elhouni, this time closer to goal and looking to shoot, but instead cut the ball across the box. It flew between Saltou, who overran it, and Achilier, before Zubya’s left-footer found the wrong side of the near post.

 

In the second half, Ecuador attacked relentlessly, not giving Libya much time on the ball. This zeal brought about three yellow cards in four minutes, the most seen in this World Cup so far.

 

However, with the Libyans rattled, the Ecuadorians pounced and scored, first through Caicedo. A long ball by Noboa near the box gave Caicedo the opportunity to outmuscle El Fitouri and claim possession first. The touch onto his left opened up the goal as he then curled the ball around Nashnoush.

 

Caicedo’s second goal followed five minutes later. This time, it was Enner Valencia running down the field who assisted. He cut the ball across to directly in front of goal, between a diving Nashnoush and El Fitouri. Caicedo ensured the ball hit the back of the net.

 

Ecuador took further control of the game and allowed Libya almost no possession. Then, to top off the win in injury time, Montero slotted the ball past the Libyan defenders. Substitute striker Mena dribbled towards goal and fired with his left. Nashnoush managed to get his left hand to it; only the strike was so hard that it still was a goal.

 

Ecuador Erazo was Man of the Match, especially with his high tackle count, seven advancing dribbles out of defence to break through the middle of Libya along with his tight marking on the Libyan attackers.

 

Ecuador has all but guaranteed progression to the knockout stages, pending the game between England and Costa Rica. The Libyan players and staff, meanwhile, have little hope in advancing after two fundamental losses. Their final game against England will be tough, but they hope to return home with at least a point.

 

 

Ecuador

3-0

Libya

3

3

48

22

3

0

100

80

Shots

Shots on Target

Possession %

Tackles

Fouls

Corners

Shot Accuracy %

Pass Accuracy %

 

7

2

52

20

0

0

28

84

 

48’ #15 Larrea

51’ #10 W. Ayovi

52’ #22 Caicedo

 62’ #22 Caicedo

 62’ #15 Larrea off, #13 E. Valencia on

 67’ #22 Caicedo (#13 E. Valencia assist)

 75’ #22 Caicedo off, #11 Arroyo on

 

 85’ #9 Martinez off, #14 Mena on

 90 + 2’ #14 Mena (#7 Montero assist)

 

 45’ #8 Al-Warfali off, #16 El Masrati on

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 75’ #18 Al Badri off, #21 Warfali on

 



© 2018 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on July 1, 2018
Last Updated on July 1, 2018

Global Futbol


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing