June 24th, 2018 (GFWC Match 30) Ghana Stun Macedonia to Score First World Cup Points

June 24th, 2018 (GFWC Match 30) Ghana Stun Macedonia to Score First World Cup Points

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following articles highlight the process of Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) and their demise from the governance of international football and the rise of Global Futbol.

"

June 24th, 2018 (GFWC Match 30)

Ghana Stun Macedonia to Score First World Cup Points

Ghana 3-1 Macedonia

 

Ghana has stunned Macedonia and the world with a comprehensive 3-1 win, after three marvellous goals from attacking pressure.

 

Ghana started with a back four, different from their game against Chile, with Man of the Match Agyemang-Badu the additional man in defence. This proved fruitful in the first half, as the Africans kept Macedonia’s chances down, and maintained enough pressure on the European attackers to miss their shots.

 

It was Ghana with the first good chance after a tough twenty minutes in the middle of the park. Jordan Ayew found himself with the ball in front of goal, only to knock it to the right after slight pressure from Mojsov.

 

Padev had Macedonia’s best opportunity, only his shot went the wrong side of the post. Five minutes after, Alioski crossed the ball to Velkoski, who outjumped Wakaso. However, that pressure from Wakaso was enough for Velkoski to misfire over the bar.

 

Macedonia tightened the pressure on Ghana’s defence and attacked more down the left. This resulted in a great one-two by Ibraimi and Alioski, only for the latter’s shot to be blocked and the ball to dribble easily to Brimah. Macedonia had another two shots, the latter being from Pandev. Again, the ball scurried to the right of the post, much like his other shot.

 

Ghana then scored a goal against the play on the stroke of halftime. On the left wing, Gyan passed the ball to a leading Andre Ayew on the edge of the box. He touched around an enclosing Stjepanovikj, before chipping to Jordan Ayew, who leaped higher than Alioski and headed into the goal.

 

Seeing the momentum shift, Ghana switched to a back three to try to attack more in the second half. First, Atsu went alone, only to be stopped by the Macedonian defence. Then, a long shot petered to nothing.

Macedonia worked back into momentum. Ghana failed to clear from defence and Spirovski capitalised on this. He dribbled away from two defenders and leveled the score despite Brimah’s brilliant dive.

 

Ghana switched back to 4-1-2-1-2, but widened their midfielders. Baba came on for Wakaso who was playing poorly, while the right-footed Agyemang-Badu moved to left midfield. This tactical shift opened up the game and played into the hands of the Ghanaians. Afful first hit the post after a low crossing pass returned to him. Then Andre Ayew had a good chance, but could not finish the attacking play. 

 

It was time for Agyemang-Badu to step up. The corner in the 80th minute did not find any Ghanaian head, only Velkoski’s clearance. It fell to Agyemang-Badu outside the box. On his second touch, the shot flew past three defenders and into the goal. The Ghanaians erupted as they saw their chances for the Round of 16 improve.

 

Not letting off the pace, Ghana attacked again. Partey’s cross along the ground found Andre Ayew, but his shot missed the goal by about a metre. Then, he tried to header for goal after a cross from substitute Boakye, only to hit the bar. Finally, as injury time approached, Boakye stole the ball off a tired Mojsov and fired Ghana’s third.

 

Ghana now have three points, level with Macedonia and only outside of qualification by one goal difference, thanks to that goal by Spirovski. Ghana will take on Iraq and hope that Chile can cater for Macedonia. Macedonia, meanwhile, will practice shooting so they can make the most of the chances Chile may give them, just as they gave Iraq. Chile has a slight chance of missing out, but with a goal difference of nine, Macedonia will have to score five to overtake them and Ghana will need to make up a difference of ten. It is possible, but Chile is such an attacking team that they are bound to score a few past Macedonia. Meanwhile, Iraq could qualify, but will need to score plenty and make up ten goals on Macedonia.

 

 

 

 

 

Ghana

3-1

Macedonia

9

5

46

22

1

1

55

78

Shots

Shots on Target

Possession %

Tackles

Fouls

Corners

Shot Accuracy %

Pass Accuracy %

 

7

2

54

18

1

2

28

80

  45’ #9 J. Ayew (#10 A. Ayew assist)

 

 

 59’ #11 Wakaso off, #17 Baba on

 

 

 68’ #3 Gyan off, #14 Boakye on

 80’ #8 Agyemang-Badu

 88’ #7 Atsu off, #18 Amartey on

 90’ #14 Boakye

 

 

 55’ #11 Hasani off, #7 Trajchevski on 

 57’ #20 Spirovski

 

 59’ #19 Ibraimi off, #15 Jahović on

 68’ #17 Stjepanovikj off, #8 Petrovikj on

 

 

 



© 2018 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on July 1, 2018
Last Updated on July 1, 2018

Global Futbol


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing