(GFWC Matches 37/38) Italy and Denmark Progress With Third-Game Wins in Group C

(GFWC Matches 37/38) Italy and Denmark Progress With Third-Game Wins in Group C

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following articles highlight the process of Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) and their demise from the governance of international football and the rise of Global Futbol.

"

June 26th, 2018 (GFWC Matches 37/38)

Italy and Denmark Progress With Third-Game Wins in Group C

Vietnam 0-4 Italy

Denmark 3-1 Togo

 

Four first-half goals ensured a perfect record for Italy, while Denmark’s first half set up a solid victory leading into the Round of 16.

 

Against Vietnam, Candreva had Italy’s first goal inside four minutes. De Rossi intercepted a wayward pass and slotted it back into the centre of the field. Candreva hit it first time and scored, much to the bemusement of the players and fans.

 

A pattern emerged of goals followed by misses �" Italy scoring in 1 out of every 2 chances. The Vietnamese goalkeeper saved Pellè’s shot. Moments later, Pellè scored from closer in. Eight minutes after and Pellè had his second, after Florenzi passed the ball and Pellè shot into the far left corner of the goal.

 

Two minutes later, the goalkeeper thwarted De Rossi’s one-on-one chance. Bernardeschi then looked to add to his World Cup tally, but the linesman ruled him offside. Candreva then missed as he tried for his second.

 

Candreva’s second did come on the stroke of halftime. Collecting the ball in the middle of the park, Candreva powered down the middle, no Vietnamese player coming near him. He kept the shot low and found the bottom right corner, celebrating Italy’s definitive third win for the tournament. 

 

The second half petered out as Vietnam tried valiantly to score, only for both teams to be called offside on multiple occasions. Pellè had a chance for his hat trick, but somehow the goalkeeper saved the goal.

 

Vietnam’s few shots consisted of a fire over the bar, followed by Nguyễn Văn Toàn’s shot that needed Buffon’s eclectic foot saving skills. Âu Văn Hoàn then missed to the left of the goal, though one would think Buffon had it covered. Then Nguyễn Công Phượng came on as a substitute and scored, but was deemed offside. Buffon was needed to save again, though this time it was far easier. The last attempt on goal by Nguyễn Trọng Hoàng looked on target for the back of the net, only to curl away and miss the post by an inch. Italy kept their clean sheet, something they will need in the coming games.

 

Meanwhile, Denmark started well against Togo, with a goal in the 6thminute. Needing a draw to progress, Denmark attacked and attacked until a win was assured.

 

Sisto’s 6th-minute goal was largely thanks to Cornelius’s run down the right wing. He turned the ball in, and it bounced just in front of Sisto. Sisto somehow kicked the ball around the back of defender Bossou and make Mensah dive to his left, instead slotting the ball in the opposite side.

 

Denmark continued pressuring the Togo defence. Eriksen and Poulsen all missed opportunities, but a second goal was soon to come.

 

Bossou’s second mistake was turning back to the middle after a through ball went awry. Cornelius pounced on the chance and slotted the goal.

 

Cornelius had a chance for a second goal, but somehow Mensah managed to use his body to keep the ball out. Kvist also tried to score from too far away. For the remainder of the half, both teams made passing errors and the game became an interceptor’s haven.

 

Needing a burst, Togo changed tactics and sought a goal to get back in the game. Romao had a chance, but the Danish defence blocked his shot. Adebayor, now with more support up front, had a real chance to score, only his powerful shot was disallowed due to being offside. Ouro-Sama also had a chance, but missed.

 

Finally, after peppering the goals, it was Kouloum who scored. Gakpé managed a shot on goal, his volley from Romao’s cross hitting the bar. Kouloum strode into the open goal, giving breath to a comeback.

 

It was undone two minutes later when Cornelius scored his second goal. Eriksen sent the ball to Cornelius’s feet, who outturned his marker, Bossou. He fired past Mensah and thus confirmed a place in the Round of 16.

 

The Togolese players, though deflated, fought on. It would be no use, as two more half-chances went the way of Denmark before the game finished 3-1, with Italy and Denmark topping the group.

 

Italy and Denmark now await tonight’s results to see their opponents for the Round of 16.

 

 

Vietnam

0-4

Italy

7

2

52

17

2

2

28

82

Shots

Shots on Target

Possession %

Tackles

Fouls

Corners

Shot Accuracy %

Pass Accuracy %

 

12

7

48

26

0

1

58

78

 

 

 

 

 


 


 

 74’ #10 Nguyễn Văn Quyết off, #21 Nguyễn Văn Toàn on

 74’ #14 Lương Xuân Trường off, #6 Vũ Minh Tuấnon

 80’ #9 Lê Công Vinh off, #16 Nguyễn Công Phượng on

 4’ #6 Candreva(#16 De Rossi assist)

 21’ #9 Pellè

 29’ #9 Pellè (#8 Florenzi assist)

 45’ #6 Candreva

 45’ #11 Immobile off, #17 Balotelli on

 45’ #8 Florenzi off, #13 Verratti on

 61’ #6 Candreva off, #14 Jorginho on

 

 

Denmark

3-1

Togo

12

6

49

21

2

0

50

77

Shots

Shots on Target

Possession %

Tackles

Fouls

Corners

Shot Accuracy %

Pass Accuracy %

 

5

2

51

21

1

0

40

79

 6’ #15 Sisto (#21 Cornelius assist)

 19’ #21 Cornelius

 

 63’ #19 Y. Poulsen off, #20 Lerager on

 

 70’ #21 Cornelius (#10 Eriksen assist)

 

 

 76’ #17 Delaney off, #23 Braithwaite on

 90’ #5 Larsen off, #11 Fischer on

 

 

 45’ #8 Agbégniadan off, #17 Gakpé on 

 

 68’ #11 Kouloum

 

 70’ #3 Ouro-Sama off, #18 Atakora on

 70’ #5 Akakpo off, #10 Ayitè on

 

 

Group C

Country

P

W

D

L

GD

Pts 

Italy

3

3

0

0

+8

9

Denmark

3

2

0

1

+4

6

Togo

3

1

0

2

-1

3

Vietnam

3

0

0

3

-11

0

 



© 2018 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Added on July 1, 2018
Last Updated on July 1, 2018

Global Futbol


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing