Russian home advantage a key figure against Mexico

Russian home advantage a key figure against Mexico

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following articles highlight the process of Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) and their demise from the governance of international football and the rise of Global Futbol.

"

June 14th, 2018

Russian home advantage a key figure against Mexico

Russia 5-0 Mexico

 

Russia sent a message to the rest of the world as they slotted five goals past a weak Mexico in the World Cup’s opening game.

 

Artem Dzyuba, Russia’s replacement pre-tournament in the first eleven for injured Aleksandr Kokorin, found the netting four times as the Mexican defence found it hard to restrain Russia on the home team’s left wing.

 

Russia started the first ten minutes in strong form, piercing the Mexican defence, before Mexico settled their nerves and attacked for a ten-minute period.

 

It was then Russia who capitalised on a break, then dominating the remainder of first half with 55% possession.

 

This led to a 32-minute heading goal by Dzyuba. Zhirkov worked the ball to the left hand edge of the box. His left curled it into a penetrable position. Dzyuba rose above two Mexican defenders and slotted to the right of the goal.

 

Mexico’s confidence weakened with the second goal in the 44th minute. Dzyuba attacked from the 18-yard box after a through ball from Samedov. He took it on the outside of his right and dribbled into the box. Mexican defender Moreno glanced the ball away from Dzyuba, only to kick it into the foot of Layun coming across. The ball spilled forward of Dzyuba, and he powered it with his right past Ochoa.

 

Full of morale, the Russians came out against in the second half, looking to dominate. Three minutes in, Dzyuba cut down the left wing. He shot with his left foot. The ball rebounded off Diego Reyes. Dzyuba switched over to the right and fired a shot. The ball glided through the legs of Moreno and stayed low, just to the left of the far post.

 

The game effectively over, Dzyuba once again struck eight minutes later. Dzyuba cut down the left, this time in front of the defenders when he received the ball. He reached the 18-yard box, almost right in front of goal, and fired with his right. The ball sailed past Ochoa with ease, who had ran run out halfway to the ball.

 

With the Russian fans screaming in the stands and in the Fan Parks, Russian coach Stanislav Cherchesov substituted Dzyuba, bringing Aleksey Miranchuk on to replace him. This did not deter the Russians, as they continued to attack. With the weakness of Russia’s right backs, Man of the Match Cheryshev drove down the left midfield, past the Mexican defenders. At the corner of the 18-yard box, he turned straight towards goal. Firing with his left, the ball stayed about chest level, but Ochoa had little time to react as the netting floundered a fifth time.

 

With a half an hour left, the game continued as it did for the first minutes of the game, with attacks from both teams. The Mexican side looked relieved at the sound of the final whistle, whereas the Russians walked off, chests puffed, ready to take on their next opponent: Solomon Islands. 

 

The Mexicans, however, must reorganise their defence and work on their tackling skills. The Russian defence produced a near-100% effort in their tackling, and while the Mexican back 5 only managed 66% completed tackles. They take on Faroe Islands on June 20th and hope their defensive weakness is not a key factor as it was in this first game.

 

Match Highlights

Russia 5

 

Mexico 0

 

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:stephenclark:Downloads:G.png32’ #23 Dzyuba (#18 Zhirkov assist)

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:stephenclark:Downloads:G.png44’ #23 Dzyuba (#19 Samedov assist)

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:stephenclark:Downloads:G.png48’ #23 Dzyuba

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:stephenclark:Downloads:G.png56’ #23 Dzyuba (#19 Samedov assist)

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:stephenclark:Downloads:SO.png#23 Dzyuba off, #9 Aleksey Miranchuk on

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:stephenclark:Downloads:G.png60’ #7 Cheryshev

 

 

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:stephenclark:Downloads:SO.png89’ #13 Golovin off, #8 Anton Miranchuk on

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:stephenclark:Downloads:SO.png#20 Kuzyaev off, #11 Dzagoev on

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:stephenclark:Downloads:SO.png 69’ #3 Salcido off, #16 Herrera on

Description: Macintosh HD:Users:stephenclark:Downloads:SO.png89’ #9 Jiménez off, #6 Dos Santos on



© 2018 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
Added on June 10, 2018
Last Updated on June 10, 2018

Global Futbol


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing