(GFWC Match 25) St Vincent Still Scoreless After Draw With Uzbekistan

(GFWC Match 25) St Vincent Still Scoreless After Draw With Uzbekistan

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following articles highlight the process of Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) and their demise from the governance of international football and the rise of Global Futbol.

"

June 22nd, 2018 (GFWC Match 25)

St Vincent Still Scoreless After Draw With Uzbekistan

St Vincent and the Grenadines 0-0 Uzbekistan

 

St Vincent and the Grenadines are still without a goal in the World Cup after a 0-0 draw against Uzbekistan.

 

Uzbekistan made no changes for the game, whereas Trimmingham started in place of George for the CONCACAF team. George played no part in the game, which many suspect was due to injury.

 

The game started with Uzbekistan being the more attacking team, especially after being able to score two past Germany in their first game. St Vincent goalkeeper Christopher needed two saves in quick succession to keep the Asian side from scoring. The first, an advance from Geynrich, met a rushing Christopher deep in the pocket of the 6-yard box. The resulting corner found Haydarov’s head, only for Christopher to parry it away and Slater to clear.

 

Christopher’s closing-down skills were required again in the first half, this time stopping a semi-chance for Rashidov.

 

Not much occurred for either team for the rest of the half. The ball was mostly played in middle of field, with many missed tackles resulting in fouling advantages played by the referee. These advantages led to nothing, and both teams felt uneasy going into the break.

 

The second half felt much the same as the first, with attacks by Uzbekistan leading to nothing, and more missed tackles and advantages gaining no fruition. Man of the Match Tuhtahujaev was only one of two non-substitutes to successfully lay tackles 100% of the time. 

 

Just after the hour mark, Akhmedov received a through ball from Geynrich, but the shot flew wide. Geynrich then had a fair chance to score, only for Christopher to save the shot easily. Two minutes later, Haydarov’s cross found Djeparov, who headed above Richards, only for the ball to sail over the bar. Again, Christopher was needed to stop Uzbekistan as Rashidov’s shot did not have enough power, and Christopher’s hands safely held the ball.

 

Rashidov had one final opportunity, only he chipped the ball over the top, just missing the corner of the goal. The game petered out to a draw, a draw that St Vincent will be content with, but Uzbekistan will rue the chances they had. The Uzbeks now look to Belgium, hoping to win against the Europeans to make the Round of 16. St Vincent and the Grenadines has a tougher task on Tuesday against Germany, who is guaranteed advancement to the next stage, and will hope to score at least one goal in this tournament.

 

 

 

St Vincent and the Grenadines

0-0

Uzbekistan

3

1

54

14

1

0

33

78

Shots

Shots on Target

Possession %

Tackles

Fouls

Corners

Shot Accuracy %

Pass Accuracy %

 

8

3

46

24

1

1

37

72

 59’ #10 Anderson off, #9 M. Samuel on

 

 80’ #11 Stewart off, #14 Ross on

 84’ #12 Slater off, #16 J. McDowall on

 

 59’ #11 Sergeev off, #21 Sokhibov on

 

 

 84’ #15 Geynrich off, #10 Shomurodov on

 



© 2018 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on June 23, 2018
Last Updated on June 23, 2018

Global Futbol


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing