June 23rd, 2018 (GFWC Match 27) Chile Score Eight Over Iraq

June 23rd, 2018 (GFWC Match 27) Chile Score Eight Over Iraq

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following articles highlight the process of Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) and their demise from the governance of international football and the rise of Global Futbol.

"

June 23rd, 2018 (GFWC Match 27)

Chile Score Eight Over Iraq

Chile 8-2 Iraq

 

Chile has scored eight goals against Iraq, despite going down two goals in the first eight minutes.

 

Iraq caught Chile napping as the footballing notion of defence travelled for a vacation. Iraqi Alaa Ali Mhawi went on the offensive and slotted the first past Bravo. Then Durgham Ismail’s cross found Ali Abbas free enough in the box to tuck the ball between Bravo and the post.

 

Undeterred, the Chileans settled and tried to strike early, only for Vidal to just miss. Iraq had another great chance, but fired it wide of the goals.

 

Then Chile scored three goals in fifteen minutes, starting with Vidal. The goalkeeper Sabri managed to get enough of the ball to stop Pinilla, only for the ball to rebound across to Vidal, who shot with his left first time.

 

Four minutes later, Chile levelled the score. Again, Pinilla had a role. He tapped the ball across to Fuenzalida on the 18-yard box. He dribbled to 8 yards out, before dropping the ball in front of Sánchez, who hit it across goal and into the net.

 

Eleven minutes after, Silva stole the ball and ran into the box. He continued, the Iraqi defenders unable to retrieve the ball. Then, with the outside of his right boot, curled it around the goalkeeper. The ball slammed into the far post before entering the goal. Even the Iraqi defenders had to applaud such a brilliant display.

 

After the break, Chile stepped into fifth gear, storming home five goals in 21 minutes. The Iraqi defence had nothing on them.

 

First, Sánchez cut from right wing towards the box. Thinking he would shoot, the Iraqi ran to him, not noticing Beausejour’s direct veer for goal. Sánchez did see, and laid it out in front of him. His right foot nicked it past Sabri. 

 

Then, straight after the restart, Pinilla sent a through ball from midfield directly in front of Sánchez. The talisman settled the ball into the goal from the edge of the 18-yard box.

 

Not to be outdone, Pinilla joined the goalscoring party. Vidal split three Iraqi defenders with his through ball, right in front of Pinilla, who toed it over Sabri.

 

Six minutes later, Vidal scored his second after a pass from right midfielder Fuenzalida, through the legs of Khalaf and into the goal. Then, his third came a handful of minutes after. Iraq tried to clear the ball with head, only for it to land next to Vidal. He dribbled to the left of Waleed, then shot across goal and celebrated his hat-trick on the bench as he was substituted immediately after.

 

For the last 24 minutes, the game petered out, both teams knowing the result. Chile’s confidence will be immense for the rest of the tournament, knowing they have the scoring prowess from a range of players. They have all but sealed qualification for the knockout stage, but it is unknown for now who their likely opponents will be. On the other hand, Iraq’s chances of joining them are slim with such a negative goal difference. 

 

 

 

Chile

8-2

Iraq

14

10

53

19

0

0

71

78

Shots

Shots on Target

Possession %

Tackles

Fouls

Corners

Shot Accuracy %

Pass Accuracy %

 

5

3

47

13

0

0

60

81

 

 

 22’ #8 Vidal

 26’ #7 Sánchez(#6 Fuenzalida assist)

 37’ #5 Silva

 45’ #2 Mena off, #13 Pulgar on

 52’ #15 Beausejour (#7 Sánchez assist)

 54’ #7 Sánchez (#9 Pinilla assist)

 55’ #9 Pinilla  (#8 Vidal assist)

 61’ #8 Vidal (#6 Fuenzalida assist)

 66’ #8 Vidal

 66’ #8 Vidal off, #10 Hernández on

 81’ #9 Pinilla off, #14 González on

 

 3’ #17 Alaa Ali Mhawi

 8’ #22 Ali Abbas(#15 Ismail assist)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 81’ #8 Abdulraheem off, #5 Kasim on

 85’ #13 Waleed off, #4 Sameh Saeed Mjabel on

 

 



© 2018 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
Added on July 1, 2018
Last Updated on July 1, 2018

Global Futbol


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing