(GFWC Match 22) Three First-Half Goals See Danish Win over Vietnam

(GFWC Match 22) Three First-Half Goals See Danish Win over Vietnam

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following articles highlight the process of Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) and their demise from the governance of international football and the rise of Global Futbol.

"

June 21st, 2018 (GFWC Match 22)

Three First-Half Goals See Danish Win over Vietnam

Vietnam 0-3 Denmark

 

Denmark has recorded their first win for the World Cup after three first-half goals against a below-par Vietnam side.

 

Denmark opened the scoring in the 3rd minute after Poulsen’s cross was not cleared by Trần Đình Đ�"ng, and Eriksen slotted the ball with his first touch.

 

Denmark nearly had their second goal moments later after a penalty decision landed their way. Mathias Jørgensen stepped up to take the penalty, only to hit the crossbar. The ball then hit the back of goalkeeper Trần Nguyên Mạnh and petered out for a corner.

 

The second did come after Sisto scored from a free header. Right on the line, Poulsen and Âu Văn Hoàn challenged for the ball, with Poulsen managing to enough of a touch to guide it to Sisto.

 

Eight minutes later, Eriksen turned his marker inside the box and laid the ball in front of Poulsen. His right foot knock past Trần Nguyên Mạnh felt it would not be the last.

 

Unfortunately for Denmark, they failed to score for the next sixty minutes, despite some clear chances. Poulsen’s header was one, as was Sisto’s shot running to the right of the goal.

 

Again, Vietnam could do little but stop the attacking of Denmark. The Vietnamese goalkeeper kept the ball alive at one time, saving 3 times in one play, including the final chance by Poulsen. The resulting corner saw Poulsen’s header fly to the left of goal.

 

Denmark’s last opportunity came from Eriksen’s through ball. Substitute Cornelius out bodied Trần Đình Đ�"ng, but missed the goal as the ball skimmed against the crossbar and out for a goal kick. 

 

Vietnam worked hard to the end, receiving 2 corners and a free kick late. It was to no avail, and Denmark ran out 3-goal winners.

 

Denmark are now second in Group C, ahead by one on goal difference from Togo. The two will showdown on Tuesday to see who joins Italy in the next stage. Denmark will only require a draw, but will seek to defeat the African side and carry momentum beyond the group stage.

 

 

Vietnam

0-3

Denmark

2

0

49

17

1

2

0

81

Shots

Shots on Target

Possession %

Tackles

Fouls

Corners

Shot Accuracy %

Pass Accuracy %

 

16

9

51

18

2

4

56

76

 3’ #10 Eriksen

 23’ #15 Sisto (#19 Y. Poulsen assist)

 31’ #19 Y. Poulsen (#10 Eriksen assist)

 

 

 

 

 

 58’ #7 Kvist off, #20 Lerager on

 63’ #9 N. Jørgensen off, #21 Cornelius on

 76’ #15 Sisto off, #18 Dolberg on

 

 

 

 45’ #11 Phạm Thành Lương off, #20 Ngô Hoàng Thịnh on

 58’ #14 Lương Xuân Trường off, #6 Vũ Minh Tuấn on

 58’ #8 Nguyễn Trọng Hoàng off, #16 Nguyễn Công Phượng on

 



© 2018 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on June 23, 2018
Last Updated on June 23, 2018

Global Futbol


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing