Poland Double Too Much For Consistent North Korean Defence

Poland Double Too Much For Consistent North Korean Defence

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following articles highlight the process of Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) and their demise from the governance of international football and the rise of Global Futbol.

"

June 17th, 2018 (Match 9)

Poland Double Too Much For Consistent North Korean Defence

Poland 2-0 North Korea

 

Poland have won their opening World Cup game against North Korea after a fiery fifteen minutes led by Lewandowski and Błaszczykowski up front.

 

Early on, Poland worked down both sides, trying to spread the North Korean defence and poke at their weaknesses out wide. The early crosses, however, easily fell in the hands of the North Korean goalkeeper, Myong-Guk Ri. 

 

Poland’s first goal came just after the half-hour mark. Man of the Match Krychowiak fed Lewandowski the ball with the outside of his boot just outside the box. Lewandowski needed two touches to free some space away from Hyon-Uk So, before a powerful shot drove past a diving Myong-Guk Ri. 

 

Lewandowski nearly had a second and third quickly after, but both shots flew wide.

 

As halftime approached, Błaszczykowski ran onto a ball from his fellow striker. He ran inside the box and faked the angle of his shot as it wrong-footed the goalkeeper and sailed into the net.

 

Moments later, there was nearly a second from Błaszczykowski, but his left foot shot proved not as accurate as with his right.

 

At halftime, Polish coach Adam Nawałka brought off Milik, who was working well with Krychowiak and Jędrzejczyk on the left side of the field.

 

North Korea had a couple of minor chances after the break, but they were not fruitful.

 

Lewandowski had an real opportunity for a brace as he received the ball deep in the box, but it was too close to the goalkeeper, who parried away the shot.

 

Overall, the North Korean defence played fairly well, with plenty of positive, accurate passes from out back. Hyon-Jin Sim came out from defence and attacked with a quick one-two, before streaking towards the goal. However, goalkeeper Szczęsny’s closing down speed was enough to hurry the shot and send it over the crossbar.

 

The North Koreans can also take stock in their goalkeeper, Myong-Guk Ri, who provided six well-made saves or close-downs. They now see the Cyprus game as a potential win, while Poland play take on a tough Brazilian side wanting to cement their place in the Round of 16.

 

 

Poland

2-0

North Korea

7

4

53

20

1

1

57

85

Shots

Shots on Target

Possession %

Tackles

Fouls

Corners

Shot Accuracy %

Pass Accuracy %

 

3

1

47

18

1

0

33

86

 31’ #9 Lewandowski (#10 Krychowiak assist)

 45’ #16 Błaszczykowski (#9 Lewandowski assist)

  45’ #7 Milik off, #17 Peszko on

 58’ #19 Zielinski off, #8 Linetty on

 

 

 

 

 

 86’ #9 Lewandowski off, #14 Teodorczyk on

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 72’ #3 Kuk-Chol Jang off, #16 Son Thae Il on

 86’ #9 Song-Chol Pak

 86’ #11 Il-Gwan Jong off, #14 Kwang-Ryong Pak on

 86’ #19 Hyon-Uk So off, #23 Yu-Song Kim on

 

 

 



© 2018 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on June 15, 2018
Last Updated on June 15, 2018

Global Futbol


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing