Sun-Gods

Sun-Gods

A Chapter by Robert Francis Callaci
"

no need to pray

"

Sun-Gods

 

     As the Starship, H.M.S. Darwin, was being pulled towards the sun to its doom, Commander Valerie Pistolla strapped herself inside the escape pod, and gave the commands for the pod to detach and launch.


     For the past five years the ship was her home and the thirty five crew members’ family. Now her ship was in a dead drift toward the sun and her crew dead.  She went over and over the events in her mind and still couldn’t believe what happened…


“Commander a large object of unknown origin is being picked up on our radar. We’re sending out a recon bogie to gather more information before we make an attempt at First Contact.” Said Lt. Jeremy Broadlow; the scout pilot of the explorer pod, S.S. Minnow. “Be careful, Jeremy, at the first sign of trouble …”dead air, “Jeremy, Jeremy, report! report!” The only answer the Commander received was white noise…


     A few moments later her ship was caught in a type of force field. All the ships systems started to go haywire- the ships A.I. shut down and its engines stopped. Screams of terror and agony filled the commander’s ears as she saw her bridge crew being ripped apart. Her head felt like it was about to explode and the last thing she heard before blacking out, were her own screams.

     

     She woke up in her quarters. All around her was a shimmering of reddish lights. One of the lights hovered over her head and spoken words popped into her mind.


“We have probed your mind while you lay unmoving, and by doing so; we have learned the basic rudiments of your language and thought patterns. We have come to realize that you are a type of sentient being that we are unfamiliar with. We have tried probing other members of your species but they are unresponsive.”


She needed to stay calm and focused. She said,” They’re dead. You killed them and destroyed my ship.”


“We do not understand what you mean by dead and destroy. Nothing in the universe can be destroyed or be dead. Everything is energy and energy may change in form and substance but it still remains energy.”


“You have drained all the energy out of the corporal barrier that held it in place. Those bodies are now just husks of decaying flesh and bone. All thought and consciousness has been scattered into a billion bits of undefined energy streams.” 


The Commander watched with amazement as the red lights flickered frantically. The red lights than became one red light that washed over her and joined her in her suffering. They placed her in the escape pod with a message for her species:


“The energy that fled from those corporal prisons you call body is now among us. Their consciousness and energy streams have joined with ours and made us stronger. Soon we will head to your realms to rescue you from the corporal goo that imprisons you. Salvation is at Hand…Rejoice…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2016 Robert Francis Callaci


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on July 5, 2016
Last Updated on July 5, 2016
Tags: mini shorts of all sorts-

Strange Tales for Lost Souls


Author

Robert Francis Callaci
Robert Francis Callaci

Port Richey, FL



About
My passion is writing- I've been writing a mythological tale on the many facets and faces of GOD- I've been a net poet for the past seventeen years- I'm a former admin at lit .org and active one (Patr.. more..

Writing