The Bain of Cain

The Bain of Cain

A Chapter by Robert Francis Callaci
"

The first immortal

"

The Bane of Cain

 

As I crawl along the sands of time the only thoughts that comfort me after millennia upon millennia of useless and agonizing memories is feeling the sun’s heat on my face and the anticipated end of my horrific existence. But I know that end will never come.

 

I’m the infamous Vampire King, ruling over abominations of the night. A monster created by God, an evil thing that slithers in the dark. My progeny and I prey upon and feast on the corrupted souls that the devil claims as its own. I’m the executioner for those that displease God and please the devil.  But it’s not as simple as that. For God and the devil are one and the same Godhead, a psychotic and schizophrenic entity that plays with ITs creations for the sake of ITs own pleasure and amusement.

 

Yes. Yes, I killed God’s flunky, my sniveling whimpering conniving backstabbing brother, Abel. The weasel kept poisoning my cattle and destroying his crops and blaming it on me in order to receive God’s special favor. Each time he accused me God sent his angels to whip my back to a bloody pulp. Beating Abel up only made things worse, it made me look the bully and I was whipped again and again by his a*s-licking angels. I was at my wits end when Lucifer convinced me to kill Abel. She said she would protect me against God’s vengeful retribution. Instead of getting burnt to a crisp and thrown into the fiery pits of hell, God made me a blood sucking vampire to live to the end of time. Lucifer said that was the best that she could do. Little did I know at the time that they were one and the same, male and female parts of the same construct. The other irony is that Abel wanted me to take his life. God promised to make him an Arch-angel if he got me pissed enough to kill him. He is now known as Azrael: The Angel of Death. I got a raw deal on both ends, par for the course.

 

This world is nothing but one big twisted carnival, with God as its ringmaster and the devil its barker.  I’m one of their main attractions. I suck the blood out of their audience so they can rip apart and consume their souls. God prefers to eat those souls that are pure of heart while ITs other half likes them rancid.

 

Those that I made vampire are as immortal as myself. But they could be killed in a myriad of ways. Letting the sun burn them to ashes, a stake in their heart, chopping off their head, you get the drift, lots of ways. I tried them all to no avail. I felt the pain, God made sure of that but I just came back again and again. My last desperate attempt was over a thousand years ago when I had some of my followers chop me up into hundreds of pieces and then burn them. I felt every chop and the pain of the fire. But I recombined and became whole again. The Angel of Death is the one who keeps putting me back together after each attempt. I can hear his weaselly laugh every time.

 

I know I’m an evil bloodsucking monster. I didn’t make myself that, God, the devil and my brother did.  But that’s no excuse for my actions. I can refuse to drink blood or kill, Oh I forgot, I did that once, starved myself

dug a whole and laid there for a century. It was quite painful and boring. So, I decided to do what God and devil wanted me to do. Besides I realized I hate humans; you taste great but smell like s**t.

 

All who read this diatribe will be protected from my bite, but only if you liked it, beware to those who don’t… 

 

 

 



© 2023 Robert Francis Callaci


Author's Note

Robert Francis Callaci
let it rip.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on June 4, 2023
Last Updated on June 4, 2023
Tags: ficton fantasy

Strange Tales for Lost Souls


Author

Robert Francis Callaci
Robert Francis Callaci

Port Richey, FL



About
My passion is writing- I've been writing a mythological tale on the many facets and faces of GOD- I've been a net poet for the past seventeen years- I'm a former admin at lit .org and active one (Patr.. more..

Writing