Dragon Night---Moonlight

Dragon Night---Moonlight

A Chapter by Robert Francis Callaci
"

A New Age Begins

"

Dragon Night---Moonlight

 

     In the lost caves of Dragamor, deep in the belly of the great mother, sleeps Morgalena, one of the last of the MoonFire dragons. She dreams of moon harvests and sun battles, of fire nights and Sun’s bright burning lights.  She floats amongst the dream clouds remembering when the Sun and the Moon went to war against each other over the forbidden love between a SunFire and MoonFire dragon. Morgalena weeps as she remembers being wrapped in the wings of Gabradon, her lover. She wails as she recalls the devastation wrought on her kind all because she fell in love with a red dragon rather than a blue. She opens her eyes and feels the pain. Her baby dragons were ready to be born into a brave new world. 

 

.......

 

The Sun raged at Moon and said,

 

“This union is anathema. It’s against the nature of things. Sibling to sibling is the natural way. She beguiled my dragon child with her wily and sultry ways. His sister-wife is inconsolable. I demand that you hand her over to me where she will be extinguished in due haste.”

 

The Moon replied,

 

“Why should my dragon daughter die for following her heart’s desire while your dragon son receives only a reprimand? Her brother-husband understands and forgives her transgression. Leave her with me and I will deal with her. If you don’t agree to that then send your dragon child over to me where I will drown him in my moon-blood. Only then will I hand over my child to you.”

 

“How dare you defy me!” said the Sun. “Her belly is growing twins. A Sun-Moon birth would be catastrophic. They would be too powerful for us to control. Her death is necessary to retain the balance of power while my son’s death is not. Hand her over to me now, if you don’t I’ll destroy every one of your wretched children.”

 

     The Moon always resented and feared the Sun’s power. He was arrogant and condescending. His light was far too bright; it needed to be dimmed in order for the Moon’s beloved sister, Earth to thrive. So when Morgalena fell in love with Gabradon rather than discouraging it, she let the romance blossom. She knew this would require a great sacrifice. She would war with the Sun and lose her children to his might. But a new order would arise; Sun-Moon Fire Dragons capable of controlling the Suns light would now dominate and be guided by the soft songs of the Moon. 

 

     The Moon sent Morgalena and her brother-husband, Telreseil to the caves of Dragamor, deep in her sister’s belly. The Moon told Morgalena it was her sacred duty to be the matriarch of the new order of Sun-Moon Fire dragons as well as mother to MoonFire dragons. She was to couple with Telreseil so that the Moon can once again hear the roars of her children. They both agreed, they both did love each other but more as brother and sister than as lovers. But the greater good demanded that they be lovers as well.

 

......

 

“What’s this?”  The Sun bellowed. To his utter horror a pack of Golden Dragons descended on his children. They killed many and subdued the rest. He found himself crippled. His dragons were responsible for replenishing his light and with many of them no longer alive only half of his light now shined. He thought he destroyed that apostate, Morgalena. Somehow that b***h Moon must have hidden her. Now the unthinkable was a reality. He was diminished.

 

     Daybreaker and Nighthawk, Morgalena’s first born, searched for their father. They found him and his sister-wife, Melori, fleeing from the Golden Horde. They blocked their path, smiled and said,

 

“Do not be afraid. You are our kin. Mother will be happy to be reunited with you, Father, and our Uncle will find your sister-wife quite attractive ...”

 

 

The End

 

 

 



© 2016 Robert Francis Callaci


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on July 7, 2016
Last Updated on July 7, 2016
Tags: short stories

Strange Tales for Lost Souls


Author

Robert Francis Callaci
Robert Francis Callaci

Port Richey, FL



About
My passion is writing- I've been writing a mythological tale on the many facets and faces of GOD- I've been a net poet for the past seventeen years- I'm a former admin at lit .org and active one (Patr.. more..

Writing